What is another word for raggedy?
- 1 What does Raggedy mean?
- 2 What does Raggedy mean in a sentence?
- 3 What is an antonym for ragged?
- 4 Where did the word raggedy come from?
- 5 Is raggedy an adjective?
- 6 Is Tattered a synonym for Raggedy?
- 7 What do you call a difficult person?
- 8 What does a raggedy shirt mean?
- 9 How do you pronounce raggedy?
- 10 What does Kook mean in slang?
- 11 What does ragged breath mean?
- 12 What is meant by well worn?
- 13 What are three synonyms for shabby?
What does Raggedy mean?
(rægɪdi ) adjective. People and things that are raggedy are dirty and messy. Raggedy clothes are old and torn. [informal]
What does Raggedy mean in a sentence?
messy, torn and looking a little dirty: He was wearing the same raggedy clothes as the day before.
What is an antonym for ragged?
Adjective. ▲ ( smooth ) Opposite of having an irregular or uneven surface, edge, or outline. smooth.
Where did the word raggedy come from?
1), perhaps from or reinforced by Old Norse raggaðr “shaggy,” via Old English raggig “shaggy, bristly, rough” (which, Barnhart writes, “was almost surely developed from Scandinavian”). Of persons, “wearing tattered clothes,” late 14c. From late 14c.
Is raggedy an adjective?
RAGGEDY ( adjective ) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
Is Tattered a synonym for Raggedy?
In this page you can discover 7 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for raggedy, like: tattered, frilly, ragged, kooky, tatterdemalion, better and redhead.
What do you call a difficult person?
3 demanding, fastidious, fractious, fussy, hard to please, intractable, obstreperous, perverse, refractory, rigid, tiresome, troublesome, trying, unaccommodating, unamenable, unmanageable.
What does a raggedy shirt mean?
1. shabby or torn from wear; tattered. a ragged shirt. 2. dressed in shabby or torn clothes.
How do you pronounce raggedy?
Break ‘raggedy’ down into sounds: [RAG] + [UH] + [DEE] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
What does Kook mean in slang?
Definition of kook: one whose ideas or actions are eccentric, fantastic, or insane: screwball.
What does ragged breath mean?
: harsh and not regular: not smooth or even. The patient’s breathing is ragged. a ragged cough /breath.
What is meant by well worn?
1a: made trite by overuse: hackneyed a well-worn quotation. b: having been much used or worn well -worn shoes.
What are three synonyms for shabby?
synonyms for shabby