Add Cmder shell to AutoRun
- Open RegEdit.exe.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftCommand Processor.
- Right click Command Processor and select New String Value.
- Change the New Value name to AutoRun.
- Right click on the AutoRun, select Modify and set value to cmder_shell.bat and click OK.
- 1 How do I get Cmder?
- 2 Should I use Cmder?
- 3 What is Cmder used for?
- 4 What is Cmder?
- 5 Where is Cmder installed?
- 6 How install Cmder and make it amazing?
- 7 What is the best terminal for Windows?
- 8 How do I change directories in Cmder?
- 9 Does Cmder use ConEmu?
- 10 What Shell does Cmder use?
- 11 Is Cmder Linux?
- 12 Does Cmder use Cygwin?
- 13 Does Cmder support bash?
- 14 Does Cmder have Git?
- 15 Does Cmder have SSH?
How do I get Cmder?
Downloading Cmder First, visit the Cmder homepage at https://cmder.net/. Scroll down a bit to find the download button. You want to download the full version, not the mini version. It’s a little big, so it might take a minute to download.
Should I use Cmder?
In short, it’s the one command prompt you’ll ever want to use. I much prefer using Cmder for all my git command-line tasks rather than opening a Git Bash prompt, because all the standard cmd.exe commands are there, and it shows both the repo location and current branch.
What is Cmder used for?
Console or Command Line Interface has been man’s best friend ever since the evolution of computers and other devices. Although GUIs are simpler to use there are some tasks that cannot be done on UI and you have to rely on black terminal windows for that.
What is Cmder?
Cmder is a software package created out of pure frustration over the absence of nice console emulators on Windows. It is based on amazing software, and spiced up with the Monokai color scheme and a custom prompt layout, looking sexy from the start.
Where is Cmder installed?
Context Menu Integration
- Open a CMD terminal as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the directory you have place CMDER.
- Execute.cmder.exe /REGISTER ALL.
- In a file explorer window right click on any directory and you should see Cmder Here in the context menu.
How install Cmder and make it amazing?
To install, go ahead and visit http://cmder.net/. Download the full package (scroll down a bit) with git, extract it and put the contents in the folder C:/cmder. You can extract the files and put them anywhere but this location makes the steps outlined later easier.
What is the best terminal for Windows?
Top 15 Terminal Emulator for Windows
- Cmder. Cmder is one of the most popular portable terminal emulators available for Windows OS.
- ZOC Terminal Emulator.
- ConEmu console emulator.
- Mintty console emulator for Cygwin.
- MobaXterm emulator for remote computing.
- Babun -a Cygwin Shell.
- PuTTY – Most popular terminal emulator.
How do I change directories in Cmder?
- Go to ‘settings’
- In the settings group ‘Startup’, click on ‘Tasks’
- Click the console you want to modify (e.g. cmd::Cmder, cmd::Cmder as Admin, bash::bash etc.)
- Click the button that says ‘Startup dir’
- Select the directory you want the console to start up in by default.
Does Cmder use ConEmu?
cmder uses ConEmu as terminal, so the difference is the look (which may be customized by user of course) and presence of third-party software in the installation folder (ConEmu is installed in vendorconemu-maximus5 ).
What Shell does Cmder use?
By default Cmder opens with the standard Windows cmd.exe shell, but you can open other shells in a new tab by clicking the drop down next to the plus icon in the lower right. Options include Windows CMD (bad), PowerShell (bad), mintty (better, same as Git Bash), or bash (best).
Is Cmder Linux?
cmder is not available for Linux but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Linux with similar functionality. The best Linux alternative is PowerShell, which is both free and Open Source.
Does Cmder use Cygwin?
You can install Cygwin alongside with Cmder full; However, to avoid duplicated binaries, it is recommended to install Cygwin alongside the Cmder mini edition and install Git within Cygwin.
Does Cmder support bash?
Some features of Cmder: Run linux bash, batch and powershell commands.
Does Cmder have Git?
Every time you open Cmder, it will automatically run Git Bash by default, and you will have access to all the neat unix tools that Windows doesn’t provide, in a clean, easily resizable, and fully customizable console!
Does Cmder have SSH?
Cmder – Build SSH connection quickly.