10 Easy Ways to Use Cucumbers
- Add them to smoothies. Cucumbers are cool, mild, and refreshing making them an excellent choice for summertime smoothies.
- Pickle them.
- Make frozen treats.
- Toss them in drinks.
- Make gazpacho.
- Ferment them.
- Try a different cucumber salad.
- Add them to a stir fry.
- 1 What can I do with lots of cucumbers?
- 2 What are cucumbers good for besides eating?
- 3 Can cucumbers be canned?
- 4 Is it good to cook cucumber?
- 5 How long can you keep cucumbers in vinegar?
- 6 How long does it take to turn a cucumber into a pickle?
- 7 Can you use slicing cucumbers for pickles?
- 8 Why we should not eat cucumber at night?
- 9 How do you eat cucumbers?
- 10 Why should we not drink water after eating cucumber?
What can I do with lots of cucumbers?
Eat Them Raw
- Slice them and eat them (plain or sprinkled with dill)
- Cucumber sandwiches with toasted bread, cream cheese, cucumber slices, and dill.
- Cucumber salad (lots of varieties you can make)
- Sliced cucumbers in a green salad.
What are cucumbers good for besides eating?
Check out our 27 ways you never thought to use cucumbers.
- Keep slugs away. If you have these visitors in your garden, you’ll be happy to know that cucumbers can help.
- Fight constipation.
- Rid intestinal worms.
- Cure hangover.
- Treat eye puffiness.
- Reduce appearance of cellulite.
- Strengthen hair.
- Remove marks on walls.
Can cucumbers be canned?
Since you need to add vinegar to can cucumbers you can do it in a water bath canner instead of a pressure canner. One of the most common complaints about home canned cucumbers is that they lack the crunch that commercially canned cucumbers have.
Is it good to cook cucumber?
Trust us. We eat a lot of cucumbers stateside, most often served raw and crunchy to impart a refreshing quality to a meal. Cooked cucumbers are more common in Asian cuisines, where they work wonders in stir fries and side dishes.
How long can you keep cucumbers in vinegar?
You can store these vinegar marinated cucumbers in your fridge in a jar or air-tight container for up to 3 days. Any longer than that and the cucumbers will lose their “crisp-ness” and become limp.
How long does it take to turn a cucumber into a pickle?
Pour the all of the liquid over the cucumbers so they’re fully submerged. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (for pickle rounds) or at least 3 hours (for pickle spears). The flavor will continue to develop over the next couple of days. These pickles will keep for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Can you use slicing cucumbers for pickles?
Slicing cucumbers, which includes English cucumbers, can be used for pickles, but you might get a softer pickle. Slicing cucumbers though always can be used in relish with no hesitation, where any softness won’t matter near as much. To help, you can make sure to chill cucumbers well before starting.
Why we should not eat cucumber at night?
It contains an ingredient called cucurbitacin, which is a powerful ingredient, known to cause indigestion problems. Even a little growling or indigestion can lead to flatulence or burping, which again makes it difficult to rest with ease.
How do you eat cucumbers?
Raw. We saved the best (and easiest) for last – eating raw Cucumbers is by far the most nutritious way to enjoy this refreshing superfood. Eat them as an on-the-go snack, chop them up for a light salad, or slice up and dip them in your favorite spreads – it’s hard to beat the refreshing crunch of a raw Cucumber.
Why should we not drink water after eating cucumber?
Fruits like cucumber and watermelon improve digestion if taken in the right way. If water is consumed after taking these fruits, it can upset your digestion. This is because water containing food smoothens the digestion process and makes the bowel movement easy.