Things to Eat with Hummus
- #1: Pita Chips, Bread, and Crackers. Pairing a pita bread and hummus is a classic way to enjoy this savory dip.
- #2: Sandwiches. What’s better than mayo or butter on a sandwich?
- #3: Creative Veggies and Fruit.
- #4: Salad Dressing.
- #5: Pasta Sauce.
- #6: Brownies.
- #9: Deviled Eggs.
- #10: Soup.
- 1 What main dish goes with hummus?
- 2 Is hummus and pita a meal?
- 3 What goes well with pita?
- 4 What vegetables goes well with hummus?
- 5 Are pitas healthier than bread?
- 6 What meat goes well with hummus?
- 7 Is it OK to eat pita bread everyday?
- 8 How bad are pita chips for you?
- 9 Can you eat pitta cold?
- 10 How do you fill pita bread without breaking it?
- 11 Is hummus good for weight loss?
- 12 Does Apple and hummus go together?
- 13 Is hummus fattening or good for you?
What main dish goes with hummus?
What to Eat with Hummus: 16 Creative Ideas
- Bread or Sandwich Spread. Whether you use hummus to dip your favorite crisp and chewy bread, or as an alternative to mayo or mustard in sandwiches, it will never disappoint.
- Pita Chips.
- Mashed Potatoes.
- Deviled Eggs.
- Crunchy Snacks.
Is hummus and pita a meal?
Hummus is made with chickpeas, and when you combine these beans with whole-wheat pita bread, you’ve got yourself a delicious complete protein. This combination is often enjoyed as a snack, but you can also make a meal out of it.
What goes well with pita?
Easy Pita Lunch Ideas
- Kale & Apple Salad with Avocado. Kale. Drizzle of olive oil. A bit of Dijon mustard.
- Smashed Avocado and Sunflower Seeds. Avocado. Squeeze of lemon.
- Red Pepper Hummus with Chickpeas & Feta. Red pepper hummus (recipe below) A few chickpeas.
- Carrot & Quinoa Salad with Curry Yogurt.
What vegetables goes well with hummus?
VEGETABLES TO EAT WITH HUMMUS:
- CARROTS. Carrots are high in Vitamins A, E and K, which all contribute to improved vision.
- SPAGHETTI SQUASH. Spaghetti squash is high in B vitamins and potassium, and low in fat, carbs and calories.
- SWEET POTATO.
- BELL PEPPERS.
Are pitas healthier than bread?
Side-by-side, bread contains a little more fiber and slightly fewer carbs than a pita, making it a somewhat more nutritious option. Pitas are lower in sodium than bread, so that it may be the best option for those eating a low-salt diet.
What meat goes well with hummus?
Any ground meat, sautéed with chopped onions and garlic and spices is amazing over hummus. Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey: you choose.
Is it OK to eat pita bread everyday?
It is a great source of Carbohydrates, Protein, vitamin and minerals. Pita bread can help you to reduce your cholesterol, lowers your chances of heart diseases and type 2 diabetes. The fiber content in Whole Grain Pita Bread is very high and aids in digestion. Its is a fulfilling food that won’t make you hungry.
How bad are pita chips for you?
Pita chips, made with white flour, oil, salt and several more ingredients, are no better. To boot, research shows that too much refined grains and starches increases the risk for heart disease, cancers, diabetes and weight gain.
Can you eat pitta cold?
You can, of course, eat pita bread cold. However, warming pita bread makes it softer and somehow more delicious. If you have pita bread that is a few days old and you don’t feel like eating it, reheat it. Reheating pita bread revives it and makes it taste as if it has just been baked.
How do you fill pita bread without breaking it?
Instead of cutting the bread directly in half, trim a 1 ½” opening from the top. Flip that trimmed piece over and tuck it into the bottom of the pocket before filling it with whatever you happened to be craving. You’re basically giving your pita a kevlar vest.
Is hummus good for weight loss?
Hummus is a great source of fiber and protein, which may promote weight loss. Surveys have shown that people who consume chickpeas or hummus regularly are less likely to be obese, plus have a lower BMI and smaller waist circumference.
Does Apple and hummus go together?
“Apple slices dipped in hummus is an amazing sweet and savory combination that adds a new twist to the more traditional apples and peanut butter snack,” says nutritionist Maggie Moon, RD. It may sound a little strange, but it’s delicious, especially if you tend to prefer savory flavors.
Is hummus fattening or good for you?
As mentioned, thanks to its balance of protein, fat and complex carbohydrate, hummus is a healthy weight loss food when consumed in moderation. Laura adds that one tablespoon can have anywhere between 30-60 calories depending on the brand.