If you installed IE 9 prior to installing IE 10, you must also uninstall it to get back to IE 8.
- Open the Start menu and click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Uninstall a Program” under “Programs” and then click “View Installed Updates.” Click the “Name” button to sort the list alphabetically.
- 1 How do I downgrade Internet Explorer 11 to 8?
- 2 How do I revert to previous version of Internet Explorer?
- 3 Can I install IE 8 on Windows 10?
- 4 How do I downgrade from Internet Explorer 9 to 8?
- 5 How do I change my Internet Explorer version?
- 6 How do I downgrade Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2016?
- 7 How do I open an older version of Internet Explorer?
- 8 Can you still download Internet Explorer 8?
- 9 How do I open Internet Explorer 8?
- 10 How do I downgrade from Edge to Internet Explorer 11?
- 11 How do I switch to Internet Explorer 9?
How do I downgrade Internet Explorer 11 to 8?
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and features.
- Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11.
- Then click on Display installed updates.
- Search for Internet explorer.
- Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 -> Uninstall.
- Do the same with Internet Explorer 10.
- Restart your computer.
How do I revert to previous version of Internet Explorer?
You will need to click on the down arrow to scroll down and display the other menu icons. Click the monitor and phone icon at the bottom of the menu to open the Emulation options. You can now choose a previous version of Internet Explorer to emulate using the Document Mode drop down menu.
Can I install IE 8 on Windows 10?
No, you cannot install IE8 on Windows 10. If a website will only work with IE8, open Developer Tool from F12. On the Emulation tab, set User Agent to be IE8. You will have to do this every time you access this site.
How do I downgrade from Internet Explorer 9 to 8?
How to downgrade from Internet Explorer 9 to Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7
- Close all programs.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
- In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
- In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 9.
How do I change my Internet Explorer version?
How To Update Internet Explorer
- Click on the Start icon.
- Type in “Internet Explorer.”
- Select Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select About Internet Explorer.
- Check the box next to Install new versions automatically.
- Click Close.
How do I downgrade Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2016?
Select from the User Agent String on the left a different IE browser (version 10, 9, etc..) Uninstall the update that upgraded the version.
How do I open an older version of Internet Explorer?
To open Internet Explorer, select Start, and enter Internet Explorer in Search. Select Internet Explorer (Desktop app) from the results. If you can’t find Internet Explorer on your device, you’ll need to add it as a feature. Select Start > Search, and enter Windows features.
Can you still download Internet Explorer 8?
Internet Explorer 7(8) is not compatible with your system. You are running Windows 10 64-bit. Although Internet Explorer 7(8) will not run on your system, you can download Internet Explorer 8 for other operating systems.
How do I open Internet Explorer 8?
Click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar or choose Start→All Programs→Internet Explorer to launch IE8. A setup screen welcomes you to Internet Explorer 8.
How do I downgrade from Edge to Internet Explorer 11?
Within the list of programs, locate and click Internet Explorer to display IE specifications and settings. Choose Set this program as default and click OK to change your browser default from Edge to Internet Explorer.
How do I switch to Internet Explorer 9?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Run Windows Update: FAQ (microsoft.com), and then select Check for updates.
important updates are available in the Windows Update window to check whether Internet Explorer 9 is included in the list of available updates.
- Restart the computer.