Your performance specification should always try to:
- describe the specific things you want the outcome of your design to achieve.
- give some indication of what the product should look like (not necessarily a drawing but a statement like “must be bright and appeal to young children”)
- 1 What is a performance specification example?
- 2 What is included in a performance specification?
- 3 How do you write a specification?
- 4 What is a specification performance?
- 5 What are the 2 types of specifications?
- 6 What are the four types of specifications?
- 7 What are the examples of specification?
- 8 What are the types of specifications?
- 9 Which of the following are types of specifications?
- 10 How do I create a spec sheet?
- 11 How do you write a job description and a person specification?
- 12 What does a specification include?
- 13 What are the two most common types of specification?
- 14 What is detailed specification?
- 15 How do you write a construction project specification?
What is a performance specification example?
A basic example of a performance specification is if a specification states that the contractor shall construct a HVAC system shall maintain a certain level of temperature and humidity level, but leaves the design of the system necessary to achieve the required temperature and humidity levels up to the contractor
What is included in a performance specification?
Specifications are written documents that describe the materials and workmanship required for a development. They do not include cost, quantity or drawn information but need to be read alongside other contract documentation such as quantities, schedules and drawings.
How do you write a specification?
Here are seven ways to write better project specifications:
- Include use cases.
- Project specifications should be neatly organised.
- Make it a living document.
- Make it a formal document.
- Include statements on your rationale.
- Know when to write one.
- Involve your team.
What is a specification performance?
A performance specification is a document that specifies the operational requirements of a component or installation. Simply put, a performance specification tells the contractor what the final installed product must be capable of doing.
What are the 2 types of specifications?
There are two types of specifications.
- General Specifications.
- Detailed Specifications.
What are the four types of specifications?
Deciding among the four types of specifications— descriptive, performance, reference standard, and proprietary —and choosing how the specification is going to be written is only the first of many design decisions engineers make when starting to edit what will become a project specification, especially when specifying
What are the examples of specification?
The definition of a specification is a precise requirement, or a detailed description of workmanship, materials or processes. A mandate that only domestic plywood be used in the construction of your home is an example of a specification.
What are the types of specifications?
Types of Specifications;
- General Specifications.
- Detailed Specifications. a. Standard Specification. b. Special Specification.
Which of the following are types of specifications?
Four Types of “Specifications”
- Product Specification: This describes a manufacturer’s product and its performance without consideration for a particular building.
- Project Specification: This describes an architect’s design and performance requirements for a particular building.
- Master Specification:
- Guide Specification:
How do I create a spec sheet?
The following steps are involved in making a spec sheet.
- Develop a spec sheet template.
- Fill up the basic information regarding the design.
- Make a technical sketch of the garment.
- Specify all the measurements of the finished garments.
- Technical information to be provided on the spec sheet.
How do you write a job description and a person specification?
What should you include?
- the location of the job.
- a summary of the general nature, main purpose and objectives of the job.
- a list of the main duties or tasks of the employee.
- which skills/qualifications are essential and which are desirable.
- any equipment or software requirements, eg “knowledge of Raiser’s Edge”
What does a specification include?
Specifications describe the products, materials, and work required by a construction contract. They do not include cost, quantity, or drawn information, and so need to be read alongside other information such as quantities, schedules, and drawings.
What are the two most common types of specification?
UK project specification types fall into two main categories prescriptive and performance. Prescriptive specifications define the requirements using generic or proprietary descriptions of what is required, whereas performance specifications focus on the outcomes rather than the characteristics of the components.
What is detailed specification?
2. Detailed Specifications. The detailed specifications form a part of the contract document. The detailed. specification of an item of work specifies the qualities and quanitites of materials, the proportion of mortar, whorkmanship, the method of preparation and execution and the method of measurement.
How do you write a construction project specification?
Writing Specifications for Construction Contracts
- The layout and grouping of subjects should be logical.
- Requirements for each subject should be stated clearly, in logical order, and checked to see all aspects are covered.
- Language and punctuation should be checked to see they cannot give rise to ambiguity.