- Prepaid debit cards that work on the Visa network are easy to obtain online through each card issuer’s website or in retail stores nationwide. They’re free to sign up for online, but you’ll be charged a small fee to purchase a prepaid card in-store.
You can buy prepaid cards at retail locations (such as grocery stores and drug stores), online, over the phone, or from some banks and credit unions. If you buy the card online, you may then be issued a virtual card, or you may receive a physical card in the mail at a later time.
- 1 How much does a prepaid Visa card cost?
- 2 How much is a prepaid Visa card at Walmart?
- 3 Where do you get prepaid credit cards?
- 4 How long does it take to get a prepaid Visa card?
- 5 What is the best reloadable Visa card?
- 6 Does Family Dollar have prepaid Visa cards?
- 7 Can I get a reloadable Visa card at Walmart?
- 8 Does Walmart sell Visa cards?
- 9 Do banks offer prepaid credit cards?
- 10 Is there a fee for prepaid credit cards?
- 11 Does shoppers sell prepaid credit cards?
- 12 Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
- 13 How long does a prepaid card last?
- 14 How long does it take for money to go back on a prepaid card?
How much does a prepaid Visa card cost?
Prepaid debit cards vary in costs. Some are free, some charge upfront fees, and others charge monthly fees. You can typically expect to pay from $1 to $9.95 for the upfront card purchase fee.
How much is a prepaid Visa card at Walmart?
Walmart MoneyCard Pricing
|Card Purchase Fee
|Direct Deposit Reload
|Reload via Walmart check cashing
Where do you get prepaid credit cards?
Canada Post and other non-financial institutions offer these prepaid debit cards (both prepaid Visa & Mastercard are available) without a bank account or credit check. Just bring your valid government-issued photo ID to a Canada Post branch and buy the card for $15. Reloads are only $3.
How long does it take to get a prepaid Visa card?
Standard delivery is 7-10 business days. It will be shipped in a plain white envelope.
What is the best reloadable Visa card?
The 9 Best Zero-Fee Reloadable Prepaid Cards
- Top Pick. American Express Bluebird.
- Featured. NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card.
- Featured. PayPal Prepaid MasterCard.
- Brinks Prepaid MasterCard.
- Movo Virtual Prepaid Visa Card.
- Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card.
- Fifth Third’s Access 360° Prepaid Debit Card.
- American Express Serve.
Does Family Dollar have prepaid Visa cards?
(Nasdaq:NTSP) announced today that it has entered into a distribution agreement to sell the NetSpend Visa ® Prepaid Debit Card at Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FDO) locations nationwide. Family Dollar and NetSpend plan to make the prepaid cards available in more than 7,200 locations beginning this month.
Can I get a reloadable Visa card at Walmart?
Discover the advantage of reloadable debit cards for your banking needs. All the benefits of banking without the fees. Add cash for free at Walmart and manage your money with flexible, convenient tools.
Does Walmart sell Visa cards?
The Walmart Visa Gift Card comes in various fixed denominations and variable denominations between $25-$500. How do I purchase the Walmart Visa Gift Card? You can purchase the Walmart Visa Gift Card in participating Walmart locations. For a location near you, please visit www.walmartgift.com.
Do banks offer prepaid credit cards?
You can buy a prepaid debit card from a retailer, bank, credit card company or other financial services provider. When you purchase one, your card funds are usually part of an account held by a bank or credit union. Prepaid card companies usually offer several ways to load funds onto a card.
Is there a fee for prepaid credit cards?
Monthly fee The fee is automatically deducted from your account balance. For example, some prepaid cards waive the monthly fee if you have your pay or benefits directly deposited into your prepaid account. If you use your card frequently, a monthly fee may be cheaper for you than paying a fee for each transaction.
Does shoppers sell prepaid credit cards?
Visit a Shoppers Drug Mart near you for a variety of gift cards. We cover prepaid credit cards, phone cards, restaurants, electronics, corporate and more.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. When the gift card is loaded with value (purchased), the gift card is automatically activated.
How long does a prepaid card last?
The law states that a gift card or general purpose prepaid card may not expire any earlier than five years from the date of activation (or the date when funds were last added to the card) and that if there is an expiration, the terms and conditions of that expiration must be clearly disclosed prior to purchase.
How long does it take for money to go back on a prepaid card?
Refunds back to cards (as long as they are reloadable) can take “up to” 30 days.