How Can I Get the H4 Visa?
- Apply online.
- Pay the applicable H4 visa fees.
- Schedule a visa interview appointment.
- Compile the H4 visa document file.
- Attend the visa interview.
- Get your visa.
- Questions about you and the reason you are applying for an H4 visa.
- Questions about your marriage.
Meer items•27 jan. 2020
- To apply for a visa, the applicant must begin the H4 visa process and fill out a DS-160 form online and then attend their visa interview. There are several H4 visa documents the applicant must bring to either prove their marital status or their dependency on the primary visa holder (H1B family member).
The H4 visa stamping process is same as you would have done the first time H4 stamping for them while coming to US. Fill DS 160 form, take US embassy appointment and then appear for interview. You would need H4 visa interview documents checklist. Your wife and kid might be eligible for Visa Dropbox too.
- 1 Can my wife work on H4 visa?
- 2 Is marriage certificate required for H4 visa?
- 3 How much time it takes to get H4 visa?
- 4 How can I get H4 dependent visa?
- 5 Does H4 visa get rejected?
- 6 Can H4 dependent have SSN?
- 7 How much is H4 visa fee?
- 8 What documents do I need for H4 visa interview?
- 9 Does employer pay for H4 visa?
- 10 How can H4 get green card?
- 11 Can parents get H4 visa?
- 12 Who is eligible for H4 visa?
- 13 What are the questions asked in H4 visa interview?
- 14 Can H4 be filed in premium?
- 15 Can I book H4 appointment before marriage?
Can my wife work on H4 visa?
As an H-4 visa holder, you can remain in the U.S. as long as your husband or wife has a valid visa. You can attend school, obtain a driver’s license and open a local bank account, but your ability to work will be determined by whether or not you obtain an Employment Authorization Document ( EAD ).
Is marriage certificate required for H4 visa?
H4 Visa Process: H4 Visa Documents A valid passport. Pay stubs from the primary visa holder’s current place of work. Original marriage certificate. Original birth certificates of children.
How much time it takes to get H4 visa?
You can expect around 30–50 days of waiting period to get yourself an appointment depending on what time of the year you are applying. Usually the wait period is more during summer. Once you are done with the VISA interview it takes only 3–4 days of time to receive your stamped passport. Is H4 visa interview easy?
How can I get H4 dependent visa?
To apply for an H4 visa, you will need to make an application online with USCIS. You will need to fill out Form DS-160 – Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. Once you have completed the form, you will be provided with a barcode number. This number is then used to progress your application through the various stages.
Does H4 visa get rejected?
The visa sponsor (or principal applicant) must be able to take care of their H4 dependents. The application for the H4 visa will, therefore, be rejected by a 212(A)(4) refusal if the financial means of the principal applicant does not meet or exceed the state poverty line.
Can H4 dependent have SSN?
H4 visa holders are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number ( SSN ). So, they assume they cannot obtain an ITIN number either. But that’s not the case, and you can (and should) get an ITIN since the IRS requires you to file annual tax returns under the Internal Revenue Code.
How much is H4 visa fee?
To apply for an H4 Visa, you must file the Form DS-160 online. Do not forget to pay the application fee and to save the receipt: you will need it during your interview. The H4 Visa has the same cost as the other H types permits, that is $190.
What documents do I need for H4 visa interview?
What documents do I need for a h4 visa?
- A visa interview appointment letter and a copy of the Form G-1145(online notification of the application acceptance)
- You should bring the form DS-160 – barcode printed for the interview.
- A passport – H4 visa applicant and the H1 visa holder.
- Two Passport -size photograph.
Does employer pay for H4 visa?
Thanks. Under the law, the employer is only obligated to pay the training fee, i.e. $750 or $1500. The rest of the fee including the H-4 fee can be paid by the employer or the employee.
How can H4 get green card?
H4 kids can get 10 year Green card with Dream and Promise Act of 2021. US citizenship only after normal GC. Study in US college to remove conditions.
Can parents get H4 visa?
Answer: Unfortunately, you cannot file for your parents as H4 dependents. You can only get H4 visas for your spouse and children under the age of 21.
Who is eligible for H4 visa?
Immediate family members like spouse and children under 21 years old may qualify for a H4 visa and may apply at a US Consulate in their home country. If you are applying for your visa along with your spouse, who is applying for H1 simultaneously, then you can submit both applications together.
What are the questions asked in H4 visa interview?
Here are the questions that you may come across:
- What kind of visa are you applying for?
- Why do you need a USA visa?
- Who made this appointment so that you may attend the interview?
- How did you get the documents necessary for the visa interview?
- When did the spouse receive their own visa stamping? (
Can H4 be filed in premium?
H4 and L2 Visa Holders: Premium Processing for dependents of H1B, L1 and other employment based non-immigrant petitions. Which means, H4 Visa & L2 Visa holders will be able to file I-539 Applications now for COS or Extensions under premium processing, once the law goes into effect.
Can I book H4 appointment before marriage?
H4 visa interview before full & final Indian marriage ceremony can result in form 221g denial. Visa officer asking for authentic photo album with relatives. You have to very careful as to how you plan. Do not be in hurry as it can really make things worse if a form 221g is issued.