- Vanilla Visa gift cards have no name or address associated with them, therefore they are rejected by sites like Amazon. If you want them to be accepted, you will have to register the card by means of a ZIP code. After a trial purchase order, call the site and request them to override the card with the ZIP code and ignore the name or address.
- 1 How do I register my Visa Gift Card?
- 2 How do I register my visa gift card online?
- 3 Do you have to register a vanilla visa gift card?
- 4 Can I use a vanilla gift card online?
- 5 Why is my vanilla gift card being declined?
- 6 How long does it take for a visa gift card to register?
- 7 How do you use a Visa Vanilla Gift Card?
- 8 Why can’t I use my Visa gift card online?
- 9 How do you use a good gift card online?
- 10 What name do I put for a visa gift card?
- 11 How can I get cash from a vanilla visa gift card?
- 12 Can you transfer vanilla visa to bank?
- 13 Is there a fee for Vanilla Visa Gift Card?
- 14 Can I combine vanilla gift cards?
How do I register my Visa Gift Card?
Dial the number on the back of the card if there isn’t a sticker on the front. Your Visa gift card will have a customer service number listed on the back of the card. Call this number and follow the necessary button prompts to activate it.
How do I register my visa gift card online?
To register your card for online use, locate the issuer’s 800 number or web address. You’ll find this information on the back of the Visa card or in a leaflet that comes with the card. Call the telephone number or access the website to get started.
Do you have to register a vanilla visa gift card?
Do You Have To Activate Your Vanilla Visa Gift Card? Because Vanilla Visa gift cards are not credit cards or Mastercards, you do not need to activate them before you use them.
Can I use a vanilla gift card online?
Visa eGift Cards (Also known as Vanilla Gift Virtual Account) can be used with any United States-based online, phone, or mail-order merchants wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. Your Virtual Account cannot be used for transactions requiring a physical card.
Why is my vanilla gift card being declined?
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You don’t have enough money left on your card. You haven’t activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
How long does it take for a visa gift card to register?
What to Expect After You Activate a Gift Card. After you activate the gift card, it should be ready to use. I have seen some cases where a gift card issuer imposes a waiting period after purchase, meaning the gift card may not be usable for up to 24-48 hours even though it has been activated.
How do you use a Visa Vanilla Gift Card?
How do I use my Vanilla Gift Card? Simply present your Card at the time of payment. Press “credit” on the keypad and sign the receipt. As you use your Card, the balance is reduced by the full amount of each purchase including taxes, charges, and other fees, if any.
Why can’t I use my Visa gift card online?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. The same is true for Visa gift cards, whether you buy them online or at the store.
How do you use a good gift card online?
Cardholders can use the Visa or Mastercard prepaid card for online or phone purchases, but will need to be sure the name, address, and phone number on the Visa prepaid card account information is exactly the same as the information given to the merchant. If the information is different, the purchase could be declined.
What name do I put for a visa gift card?
Use Real Name and Current Address. When registering the gift card, enter your first and last name, just as you would on a credit card. Enter current address information as well.
How can I get cash from a vanilla visa gift card?
How to convert Visa gift cards to cash
- Use your Visa gift card to buy other merchants’ gift cards.
- Add it to your PayPal wallet.
- Add it to your Venmo account.
- Pay your bills with your Visa gift card.
- Go to a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk to trade it in.
- Sell your Visa gift card through an app.
- Convert your Visa gift card to cash by selling it to a website.
Can you transfer vanilla visa to bank?
Yes, you can transfer money from most prepaid gift cards to your bank account using a service called CardCash. Unlike most prepaid cards, gift cards are disposable and can only be used until the balance reaches zero while most prepaid cards are reloadable and can be used indefinitely.
Is there a fee for Vanilla Visa Gift Card?
Fees: A one-time Purchase Charge in the amount of $3.94 is charged for each $50 Gift Card at the time of purchase, except where prohibited by law: NO FEES WILL BE APPLIED TO THE GIFT CARD AFTER PURCHASE (including dormancy, service or other fees ).
Can I combine vanilla gift cards?
Although you cannot combine the balances on your various Visa gift cards onto one gift card, you can pay with more than one funding source. Before going that route, try using your Visa gift card at a convenience store, grocery store or at most other brick-and-mortar businesses.