New Zealand Work Visas Work visas are for people with a job offer to work in New Zealand temporarily (for up 3 years). General work visas require a job offer, either in an area of short-term shortage or where a New Zealand employee cannot be found. There are also special categories of visa for:
- 1 How do I get a work visa for New Zealand?
- 2 How much money do you need for New Zealand working visa?
- 3 How hard is it to get a work visa in New Zealand?
- 4 Can foreigners work in New Zealand?
- 5 What jobs are in demand in NZ?
- 6 Is it easy to get job in NZ?
- 7 How can I get a job offer in New Zealand?
- 8 What is the age limit for a working visa in New Zealand?
- 9 Can I work in New Zealand if I am over 30?
- 10 How do you get a job offer in New Zealand without a visa?
- 11 What are the documents required for New Zealand work visa?
- 12 How can I live and work in New Zealand?
- 13 What are the best jobs in New Zealand?
- 14 How can a foreigner get a job in New Zealand?
- 15 Is healthcare free in NZ?
How do I get a work visa for New Zealand?
You can apply for this visa if:
- you have a long-term or permanent job offer from an Immigration New Zealand accredited employer (accredited because they frequently employ migrants), and.
- your job offer meets certain requirements, and.
- you meet the age, health and character requirements.
How much money do you need for New Zealand working visa?
How much money do I need to bring? This differs by nationality, but for Immigration purposes, you generally need to be able to show a minimum of NZ $350 a month or NZ $4200 for 12 months to meet living costs requirements while you ‘re here. A copy of your bank statement may be sufficient evidence of your available funds.
How hard is it to get a work visa in New Zealand?
In general, it may be difficult to get a work visa in New Zealand due to limited spots or tight deadlines for application. If your country has a set quota, that means applications will open on a specific day.
Can foreigners work in New Zealand?
If you’re thinking of coming to New Zealand to work for a few years, or maybe even to settle, you’ll need a work or resident visa. To get that – you’re likely to need a job. It is perfectly acceptable and legal to apply for jobs before you get a visa.
What jobs are in demand in NZ?
The upheavals we’ve seen in the job market this year have impacted which industries have the most demand for new workers. Top 20 most-needed jobs in New Zealand.
|Most-needed jobs||Current rank||Change since Feb|
|Chefs / Cooks||8||-2|
|Business / Systems Analysts||10||-1|
Is it easy to get job in NZ?
The question of how to get a job in New Zealand is exceptionally easy to answer—just apply for and receive a Working Holiday Visa! New Zealand makes finding jobs abroad as simple as opening your internet browser and answering a few questions (although a fee may be required).
How can I get a job offer in New Zealand?
- Step 1: Find out about jobs in New Zealand. Will your job be the same in New Zealand?
- Step 2: Write or update your CV.
- Step 3: Search and apply for suitable jobs.
- Step 4: Prepare and practise for job interviews.
- Step 5: Attend job interviews.
- Step 6: Get a job offer.
- Step 7: Begin working.
What is the age limit for a working visa in New Zealand?
Working holiday visas are available to young people, usually aged 18 to 30, but 18 to 35 in a select few countries. They let you travel and work in New Zealand for up to 12 months, or 23 months if you are from the UK or Canada. If you apply for a 23 -month visa, you must provide a General Medical Certificate.
Can I work in New Zealand if I am over 30?
You can work and travel in New Zealand for up to 12 months if you are between 18 and 30 years old. If you come from the UK or Canada, you can stay in New Zealand for up to 23 months in total. In case you want to apply for a 23-month visa, you will have to provide a General Medical Certificate.
How do you get a job offer in New Zealand without a visa?
- REQUEST AN NZeTA. Request an NZeTA ( New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) You can request an NZeTA using our online web form.
- LOG IN or CREATE ACCOUNT. Skilled Migrant Category – EOIs. To submit an expression of interest, you will first need to create an account.
- LOG IN or CREATE ACCOUNT. Working Holiday Visas.
What are the documents required for New Zealand work visa?
You have to provide a photo, passport and other identity information. Depending on the visa you’re applying for and how long you intend to stay in New Zealand, you have to provide police certificates from countries you’ve lived in for more than 5 years since you turned 17.
How can I live and work in New Zealand?
Getting a visa
- If you’re aged 18-30, working holiday visas can give you up to 12 months in New Zealand.
- Work visas let you live and work here for a set period and some can lead to residence.
- Resident visas, like the Skilled Migrant Category, let you access more state-funded public services and stay indefinitely.
What are the best jobs in New Zealand?
The 11 Highest Paying Jobs in New Zealand
|1. CEO/Managing Director||$120k||$4.5m|
|2. Surgeon – Private sector||$151k||$600k|
|4. Chief Financial Officer (CFO)||$180k||$350k|
How can a foreigner get a job in New Zealand?
You can also register your CV with the New Kiwis website, an online migrant recruitment program that connects skilled migrants with New Zealand employers. There are other options for foreigners that wish to start working in New Zealand. Just keep in mind not all employers may be open to hiring workers from overseas.
Is healthcare free in NZ?
New Zealand residents and some work visa holders benefit from a public health system that is free or low cost, thanks to heavy government subsidies. New Zealand residents can choose to take out medical insurance for private healthcare, although many New Zealanders do not opt for this additional cover.