Mandatory H4 Visa Stamping Documents.
- Valid passport of applicant.
- Original Birth Certificate of applicant.
- Original marriage certificate.
- Spouse’s visa and passport copy.
- Copy of all the pages of your principal H1’s passport.
- Principal H1 holder’s approved petition I-797 copy.
- Principal H1 holder;s form I-129 copy.
- Copy of principal H1 holder’s LCA.
Reference: See less
Was this helpful?
- 1 What documents are needed for H4 visa?
- 2 Will H4 visa get rejected?
- 3 What is the process for H4 visa?
- 4 How long does H4 visa processing take?
- 5 How much is H4 visa fee?
- 6 Can H4 open bank account?
- 7 How H4 can earn money?
- 8 Who is eligible for H4 visa?
- 9 Can I get H4 visa after F1 rejection?
- 10 Can parents get H4 visa?
- 11 Does employer pay for H4 visa?
- 12 How can H4 get green card?
- 13 Can we apply H4 in premium?
- 14 Can my spouse work on H4?
- 15 Can I travel while H4 is pending?
What documents are needed for H4 visa?
You must provide the following documents to apply for the H4 visa:
- Filled DS-160 application form.
- Your valid passport with at least one blank page.
- Two US visa photographs.
- Receipt proving payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application.
- Photocopy of the primary H visa holder visa.
Will H4 visa get rejected?
If your application for an H4 visa is rejected, you can reapply to try again. As long as your sponsor still has their visa and you haven’t broken any immigration law or other laws in the U.S., you can submit another application. You can see if correcting any unclear information on your visa request helps.
What is the process for H4 visa?
H4 Visa Process: How to Apply for an H4 Visa
- US visa interview appointment letter (emailed to you when applying for the interview)
- A valid passport.
- Copy of the primary visa holder’s passport.
- Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together.
- Passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
How long does H4 visa processing take?
This will take about six months to process depending on how busy your USCIS service center is. After your status is adjusted (from H-4 to green card), you will officially be a lawful permanent resident.
How much is H4 visa fee?
To apply for an H4 Visa, you must file the Form DS-160 online. Do not forget to pay the application fee and to save the receipt: you will need it during your interview. The H4 Visa has the same cost as the other H types permits, that is $190.
Can H4 open bank account?
Yes, H4 holders can open bank account in US. Requirements to open bank account vary by bank. Usually they would ask for H4 status documents like approval notice, H4 visa stamping, I-94, Spouse approval notices, etc. You can also get a debit card from the bank.
How H4 can earn money?
Nine ways to earn money legally
- Get paid for your opinion. Many companies will pay you to take surveys for market research.
- Try your luck at contests and sweepstakes.
- Write a book or music.
- Invest in a startup company.
- Invest in stocks.
- Start a YouTube channel.
- Become a student.
- Change your status.
Who is eligible for H4 visa?
Immediate family members like spouse and children under 21 years old may qualify for a H4 visa and may apply at a US Consulate in their home country. If you are applying for your visa along with your spouse, who is applying for H1 simultaneously, then you can submit both applications together.
Can I get H4 visa after F1 rejection?
Ideally you should not face any difficulties applying for H4. But assume if I were to be immigration officer to interview you, I would have thought of your desperation. Thrice you got rejected for F1 and you are changing visa category. H4 visa interview is very easy.
Can parents get H4 visa?
Answer: Unfortunately, you cannot file for your parents as H4 dependents. You can only get H4 visas for your spouse and children under the age of 21.
Does employer pay for H4 visa?
Thanks. Under the law, the employer is only obligated to pay the training fee, i.e. $750 or $1500. The rest of the fee including the H-4 fee can be paid by the employer or the employee.
How can H4 get green card?
H4 kids can get 10 year Green card with Dream and Promise Act of 2021. US citizenship only after normal GC. Study in US college to remove conditions.
Can we apply H4 in premium?
H4 and L2 Visa Holders: Premium Processing for dependents of H1B, L1 and other employment based non-immigrant petitions. Which means, H4 Visa & L2 Visa holders will be able to file I -539 Applications now for COS or Extensions under premium processing, once the law goes into effect.
Can my spouse work on H4?
Spouse and children of H1B visa holder can get H4 visa to enter the USA. H4 is non-immigrant visa and doesn’t provide work permit unless H1B spouses Green Card process have started. USCIS began accepting H4 EAD application from May of 2015.
Can I travel while H4 is pending?
Yes, you can travel out of US, when your H4 Change of Status is pending. But, the most important thing to understand is that your H4 COS application filed with USCIS using Form I-539 would be considered abandoned and subsequently denied, if you leave US when it is pending.