In order for an applicant to qualify under the Basic EB-5 Visa program, they must meet the following requirements:
- Make an investment in a new commercial enterprise.
- Make an investment of at least $1 million into that enterprise.
- Lead to the creation of employment for at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.
How do I qualify for an EB-5 visa?
- Hire an Immigration Attorney. The first step in the EB–5 process is to hire an immigration attorney with experience handling EB–5 cases.
- Select an Investment. Select an EB–5 investment that you are comfortable with (after doing a lot of due diligence).
- Invest Your Funds.
- File Form I-526.
- Adjustment of Status/Visa Processing.
- File Form I-829.
What is the Process of Getting an EB-5 Visa?
- Hire an Immigration Attorney. The first step in the EB-5 process is to hire an immigration attorney with experience handling EB-5 cases.
- Select an Investment. Select an EB-5 investment that you are comfortable with (after doing a lot of due diligence).
- Invest Your Funds. When you file the Form I-526 you must show that you have invested or are actively in the process of investing your capital into
- File Form I-526. After putting together all the necessary documentation, your attorney will file the Form I-526 on your behalf.
- Adjustment of Status/Visa Processing. There are 2 ways to get your conditional green card.
- File Form I-829. After 21 months of becoming a conditional permanent resident, you are eligible to have your attorney file a Form I-829 for you.
- Naturalization (Optional) After you’ve been a permanent resident for at least 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for Naturalization, to become a US citizen.
Reference: See less
Was this helpful?
- 1 How long does it take to get an EB-5 visa?
- 2 How much does EB-5 cost?
- 3 What is EB-5 US visa?
- 4 Who can apply EB-5 visa?
- 5 Can you buy US citizenship?
- 6 Do EB-5 investors get their money back?
- 7 Can we take loan for EB-5 visa?
- 8 Can you buy Canadian citizenship?
- 9 Can you buy UK citizenship?
- 10 Can you get green card if you buy house?
- 11 Can an illegal immigrant get a green card?
- 12 Which country can I buy citizenship?
- 13 What is golden Visa USA?
- 14 How can I get green card in USA without marriage?
- 15 Can an illegal immigrant apply for EB-5 visa?
How long does it take to get an EB-5 visa?
The EB-5 visa is also fast! The average processing time for the EB-5 visa is six months, and the initial application and petition are usually approved within 60 days from the date of filing.
How much does EB-5 cost?
If an EB-5 project is in a Targeted Employment Area (“TEA”) the qualifying investment amount is currently $900,000. Outside of a TEA, investors must contribute $1.8MM to obtain a Green Card. EB – 5 Visa Cost & Requirements.
|EB – 5 Visa Typical Costs||Paid to||Amount*|
|Processing Fees||USCIS||≈ $7,000**|
What is EB-5 US visa?
EB – 5 USA Green Card Visa is an excellent American Permanent Residency (PR) opportunity for individuals with a qualifying net worth, and also their dependent families. It permits the applicant to immigrate to the nation through US Green Card with dependent spouse and children below 21 years.
Who can apply EB-5 visa?
USCIS administers the EB – 5 Program. Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence) if they: Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and.
Can you buy US citizenship?
The visa has become so popular among Chinese millionaires looking for a ticket to citizenship that for the first time since it was introduced 24 years ago, the government has run out of available slots… Left: An EB-5 visa means that $500,000 can buy U.S. citizenship.
Do EB-5 investors get their money back?
Q: When will I get my EB5 money back? A: Rupy: Often times an investor’s understanding may be that their funds are being loaned to a project for five years so they can expect a return of their capital in five years.
Can we take loan for EB-5 visa?
So, yes, you may take out a loan for your EB5 investment capital. If secured by personal assets, be prepared to show a promissory note listing the personal security that secures the loan. The USCIS permits unsecured loans for the EB – 5 program.
Can you buy Canadian citizenship?
Canada — Citizenship from $800,000 (£475,000). Canada’s Federal Investor Immigration Program, which proved to be one of the most popular when it launched in the late 80s, is now closed. Still, some of Canada’s provinces, such as Quebec, have their own small programs.
Can you buy UK citizenship?
Tier 1 Investor To qualify for settlement and citizenship, one of the following amounts must be invested in the capital of UK -based companies, irrespective of the number of dependants: £2,000,000 to settle in 5 years. £5,000,000 to settle in 3 years. £10,000,000 to settle in 2 years.
Can you get green card if you buy house?
You can ‘t get a green card simply by buying a house in the U.S. In fact, owning real estate doesn’t ordinarily give you any visa or other immigration benefits. Through the EB-5 program, you and your immediate family could qualify for green cards through an investment of at least $500,000.
Can an illegal immigrant get a green card?
Undocumented Immigrants Might Qualify for Green Card by Marrying U.S. Citizen. Entering into a valid, bona fide (real, not sham) marriage with a U.S. citizen (of the same or opposite sex) makes you an “immediate relative” under the U.S. immigration laws.
Which country can I buy citizenship?
Citizenship by Investment (CIP): These are programs where you can literally pay a fee (usually more than $100,000) or invest in property in exchange for full citizenship and a passport. Countries that fall into this bucket include Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Grenada, Dominica, Cyprus, and Malta.
What is golden Visa USA?
A golden visa is a permanent residency visa issued to individuals who invest, often through the purchase of property, a certain sum of money into the issuing country.
How can I get green card in USA without marriage?
You may be eligible to apply for a U.S. green card if you have been living in the U.S. as an asylee or refugee for the past one year. You may also be qualified to apply for a green card if you currently have either a T or U nonimmigrant visa.
Can an illegal immigrant apply for EB-5 visa?
an illegal person cannot apply for any kind of visa in the u.s. including EB5 if they entered illegally and are not protected under 245i, meaning never had a petition filed for them or their parents with immigration before April 30, 2001 You should consult a qualified immigration attorney on this issue in case there is