Egyptian Tourist Visa Requirements
- Hold a passport with over 6 months validity remaining.
- Be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Complete of an online eVisa application form.
- Submit a valid email address (which will be used to receive the approved eVisa)
- Provide the address of a hotel or destination of their stay in Egypt.
How long does it take to get a visa to Egypt?
- The Egypt visa does not take long to process, providing all the information on the form has been entered correctly. The application is usually processed within 5 business days, although travelers are advised to apply at least 7 days in advance of the intended departure to Egypt, in the rare case of delays.
If you want to get your visa on arrival in Egypt, you will need to have a valid passport with at least one blank visa page, two current passport photos, two copies of the information page from your passport, and a completed visa application form. Check with your local consulate or embassy to find out if you may need any other documents. 3
- 1 How much does it cost to get a visa to Egypt?
- 2 Can I get a visa on arrival in Egypt?
- 3 How long does it take to get a visa for Egypt?
- 4 What are the requirements for Egypt Visa?
- 5 Can I apply for an Egyptian visa online?
- 6 How much is an Egyptian visa online?
- 7 Who can enter Egypt without visa?
- 8 How long can I stay in Egypt on a tourist visa?
- 9 Which countries do not need visa for Egypt?
- 10 How much is the visa fee?
- 11 How long does it take to get your visa approved?
- 12 How much is a visa for Egypt 2020?
- 13 What is the best currency to take to Egypt?
- 14 Is Egypt visa free?
How much does it cost to get a visa to Egypt?
U.S. citizens must have a visa to enter Egypt. U.S. citizens can obtain a renewable single-entry 30-day tourist visa on arrival at Egyptian airports for a 25 USD fee. A multiple entry visa is also obtainable for 60 USD.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Egypt?
The process of obtaining an Egypt visa on arrival for US citizens is the same as that for EU passport holders and nationals of other eligible countries. Once granted, the visa on arrival will allow international travelers to stay in Egypt for up to 30 days. The visa on arrival is also a single-entry visa.
How long does it take to get a visa for Egypt?
Then you can already submit your visa application for Egypt, but the application will then be put on hold. It will then be processed exactly 30 days before your planned date of arrival by the immigration service of Egypt. As soon as the application is approved, your visa for Egypt is valid for 90 days.
What are the requirements for Egypt Visa?
Tourist Application Requirements for a Egypt Visa
- Passport. You must provide your actual signed passport, including two copies of the personal information page of your passport.
- VisaCentral Order Form.
- Visa Application Form.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
- Visa Upon Arrival.
Can I apply for an Egyptian visa online?
To apply for a single or multiple-entry Egypt eVisa, applicants need to complete the online visa application form and pay a fee using a credit or debit card. Applicants should apply at least 7 days before their trip. Approved Egypt eVisas are sent to applicants by email once they have been processed.
How much is an Egyptian visa online?
Types of visa and fees
|Visa type||Visa fees|
|Single entry visa (Tourism)||25$|
|Multiple entries visa (Tourism)||60$|
Who can enter Egypt without visa?
Visa Not Required Additionally, most foreign citizens who are relatives of Egyptians, whether children or spouses who have proof of marriage, are visa -exempt for the country. In order to cross the Egyptian border without a visa, it is usually necessary to present an eligible passport valid for at least 6 months.
How long can I stay in Egypt on a tourist visa?
From the moment that your Egypt visa is granted (generally several days after applying), it is valid for 90 days. Within the validity duration of 90 days, you can stay in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days.
Which countries do not need visa for Egypt?
Citizens of Bahrain, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macau, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Malaysia are under a visa -free arrangement with Egypt and may be exempt from requiring a visa on arrival. Other countries, including China, may also be exempt under certain conditions.
How much is the visa fee?
The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is US $160. This includes tourist, business, student, and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are US $190. K visas cost US$265 and the fee amount for E visas is US$205.
How long does it take to get your visa approved?
It takes from 3 to 5 weeks for a US visa application to get processed. After the processing, the applicant can get a positive reply on their application, and the consulate will deliver the document. The delivery of the visa can take up to two other workdays.
How much is a visa for Egypt 2020?
The visa fee is US$25, payable in in pounds sterling, US dollars or euros. Visas granted on arrival are valid for a maximum of 30 days. There’s no need to buy a visa from an agent. In many cases agents will charge more than US$25 for a visa.
What is the best currency to take to Egypt?
The currency in Egypt is the Egyptian pound ( LE ). Don’t change your money before you come to Egypt. You will get a better rate for your dollars etc in Egypt. Euros, dollars and sterling notes are accepted.
Is Egypt visa free?
As of 2 July 2019, Egyptian citizens had visa – free or visa on arrival access to 49 countries and territories, ranking the Egyptian passport 95th in terms of travel freedom (tied with the passports from Angola, Haiti, Jordan, Laos and Vietnam) according to the Henley Passport Index.