You can use your card for online purchases by entering the card number, expiry date and the 3 digit code (CVV) found on the back of the card. Occasionally websites will ask for the name on the card, in these instances simply insert “Gift Card” in the field provided.
- Shop online with your virtual prepaid Visa card. Select your purchase and go to the payment and billing stage of the Web site’s purchase page. Fill out the billing information with your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Provide additional information if you want the item shipped to a different address from the billing address.
Buy your Visa Gift Card online and receive your code straight to your inbox. Redeem it directly to get your virtual prepaid Visa Card instantly. Shop online with added security in seconds, anywhere where Visa Debit Cards are accepted or at any U.S. merchant that accepts Discover® Cards. Receive your Visa Gift Card instantly by emailBrand:
- 1 Can I use a prepaid Visa gift card for online purchases?
- 2 Why can’t I use my Visa prepaid card online?
- 3 Where can I use my prepaid card online?
- 4 How do you register a prepaid Visa card?
- 5 What name do I put for a visa gift card?
- 6 Why is my Visa gift card being declined Online?
- 7 How do Visa prepaid cards work?
- 8 How do I know if my visa gift card is activated?
- 9 What is the highest prepaid Visa card?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of prepaid cards?
- 11 Where do you get a prepaid Visa card?
- 12 How do you use a prepaid Visa card?
- 13 Do you have to register a visa gift card?
- 14 What is the activation fee for a visa gift card?
Can I use a prepaid Visa gift card for online purchases?
Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases? Yes. Your Visa Gift card is intended for use anywhere Visa cards are accepted. To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card.
Why can’t I use my Visa prepaid card online?
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You don’t have enough money left on your card. You haven’t activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
Where can I use my prepaid card online?
Most prepaid cards have a network logo ( Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) and can be used anywhere that brand is accepted. Some examples include grocery stores, department stores, gas stations, hotels, and for online shopping.
How do you register a prepaid Visa card?
- Note the Web address for activation on the prepaid card’s packaging, or on the sticker pasted on the front of the card.
- Open a Web browser and enter the activation URL into the address bar.
- Click the “ Activate Card ” option.
- Type the prepaid Visa card number into the corresponding input boxes.
What name do I put for a visa gift card?
Use Real Name and Current Address. When registering the gift card, enter your first and last name, just as you would on a credit card. Enter current address information as well.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined Online?
If you have a problem using your gift card for online or telephone purchases, the most likely reason is that the merchant’s fraud screening process is matching the billing information entered at checkout with the billing information on your gift card account. If the addresses don’t match, the card may decline.
How do Visa prepaid cards work?
A prepaid card is not linked to a checking account. Instead, it is pre-loaded with a balance of funds. Then each purchase you make is deducted from that balance. In most cases, you can’t spend more money than you have already loaded onto your prepaid card.
How do I know if my visa gift card is activated?
Visit the activation link listed on the sticker on front of your card. If you don’t feel like making a phone call, you can usually activate your gift card online. There should be an activation link listed either on back of your card or on the sticker on the front of your card.
What is the highest prepaid Visa card?
Here’s why: The MOVO® Digital Prepaid Visa ® Card has high limits: a $10,000 maximum balance on the card and a $5,500 per day withdrawal limit. There are other limits — such as how much you can load on your card over a certain amount of time, regardless of how much you withdraw.
What are the disadvantages of prepaid cards?
Prepaid cards can get expensive because the card issuer has great latitude over fees charges to activate the card. Some not only charge an activation fee but also charge a fee with every use of the card. Other types of fees that may be charged are when you: * use an ATM machine.
Where do you get a prepaid Visa card?
Visa Gift Cards are Sold in Stores Walk into any major grocery store, drug store or gas station and you will likely find a rack of gift cards. Among the cards for stores and restaurants, you’ll also see general purpose gift cards powered by major credit card companies.
How do you use a prepaid Visa card?
How do I use my Visa Gift Card online? You can use your card for online purchases by entering the card number, expiry date and the 3 digit code (CVV) found on the back of the card. Occasionally websites will ask for the name on the card, in these instances simply insert “ Gift Card ” in the field provided.
Do you have to register a visa gift card?
You are not required to register a gift card, but I suggest that you do for two reasons. The first is that you ‘ll want to update the name and address on the gift card so the card can be used online.
What is the activation fee for a visa gift card?
Here’s a breakdown of general purpose gift cards and their fees:
|Gift card||Activation fee||Inactivity fee|
|Visa||$2.95 – $6.95||$2.95|
|MasterCard||$2.95 – $6.95||$2.95|