You can use your card for online purchases by entering the card number, expiry date and the 3 digit code (CVV) found on the back of the card. Occasionally websites will ask for the name on the card, in these instances simply insert “Gift Card” in the field provided.
Is it possible to pay with a Visa prepaid card?
- The all-purpose Visa Prepaid card is a prepaid card that you can use to withdraw cash, pay bills or make purchases anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted, in-person or online. Access your money faster with direct deposit of paychecks, tax refunds, government checks and other recurring checks.
- 1 Can I use a prepaid Visa gift card for online purchases?
- 2 Why can’t I use my prepaid Visa card online?
- 3 Where can I use a prepaid card online?
- 4 Why is my Visa gift card being declined Online?
- 5 How do you register a prepaid Visa card?
- 6 What name do I put for a visa gift card?
- 7 How do Visa prepaid cards work?
- 8 How do I know if my visa gift card is activated?
- 9 Where do you get a prepaid Visa card?
- 10 What is the highest prepaid Visa card?
- 11 What are the disadvantages of prepaid cards?
- 12 How much money can you put on a prepaid Visa card?
- 13 Why does my Visa card keep getting declined?
- 14 How long does it take for a visa gift card to activate?
- 15 Why can’t I use my Visa gift card on Amazon?
Can I use a prepaid Visa gift card for online purchases?
Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases? Yes. Your Visa Gift card is intended for use anywhere Visa cards are accepted. To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card.
Why can’t I use my prepaid Visa card online?
There are a number of possible reasons why a purchase could be declined: You don’t have enough money left on your card. You haven’t activated or registered your card. The address you gave to make an online or phone purchase is different from the address you have on file with your prepaid card provider.
Where can I use a prepaid card online?
Most prepaid cards have a network logo ( Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) and can be used anywhere that brand is accepted. Some examples include grocery stores, department stores, gas stations, hotels, and for online shopping. Prepaid cards can also usually be used for purchases over the phone.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined Online?
If you have a problem using your gift card for online or telephone purchases, the most likely reason is that the merchant’s fraud screening process is matching the billing information entered at checkout with the billing information on your gift card account. If the addresses don’t match, the card may decline.
How do you register a prepaid Visa card?
- Note the Web address for activation on the prepaid card’s packaging, or on the sticker pasted on the front of the card.
- Open a Web browser and enter the activation URL into the address bar.
- Click the “ Activate Card ” option.
- Type the prepaid Visa card number into the corresponding input boxes.
What name do I put for a visa gift card?
Use Real Name and Current Address. When registering the gift card, enter your first and last name, just as you would on a credit card. Enter current address information as well.
How do Visa prepaid cards work?
A prepaid card is not linked to a checking account. Instead, it is pre-loaded with a balance of funds. Then each purchase you make is deducted from that balance. In most cases, you can’t spend more money than you have already loaded onto your prepaid card.
How do I know if my visa gift card is activated?
Visit the activation link listed on the sticker on front of your card. If you don’t feel like making a phone call, you can usually activate your gift card online. There should be an activation link listed either on back of your card or on the sticker on the front of your card.
Where do you get a prepaid Visa card?
Visa Gift Cards are Sold in Stores Walk into any major grocery store, drug store or gas station and you will likely find a rack of gift cards. Among the cards for stores and restaurants, you’ll also see general purpose gift cards powered by major credit card companies.
What is the highest prepaid Visa card?
Here’s why: The MOVO® Digital Prepaid Visa ® Card has high limits: a $10,000 maximum balance on the card and a $5,500 per day withdrawal limit. There are other limits — such as how much you can load on your card over a certain amount of time, regardless of how much you withdraw.
What are the disadvantages of prepaid cards?
Prepaid cards can get expensive because the card issuer has great latitude over fees charges to activate the card. Some not only charge an activation fee but also charge a fee with every use of the card. Other types of fees that may be charged are when you: * use an ATM machine.
How much money can you put on a prepaid Visa card?
The day by day money load limit doesn’t have any significant bearing to different strategies for adding cash to the prepaid credit card, such as immediate store, bank moves, or portable check stores. Money load limits range from $500 every day to as much as $10,000.
Why does my Visa card keep getting declined?
There are a few common reasons your credit card could be declined. Some of them could be a miscommunication between you and the credit card issuer. Or, it could be due to something you’ve done with your account. Authorization holds from places like hotels and car rental agencies also reduce your available credit.
How long does it take for a visa gift card to activate?
What to Expect After You Activate a Gift Card. After you activate the gift card, it should be ready to use. I have seen some cases where a gift card issuer imposes a waiting period after purchase, meaning the gift card may not be usable for up to 24-48 hours even though it has been activated.
Why can’t I use my Visa gift card on Amazon?
You can use a prepaid Visa gift card to make purchases on Amazon, but you have to work around the system to make it happen. Amazon will not allow split payments between gift cards loaded onto an account and other payment methods, so you have to line up the price of your purchases with your gift card balance.