- Vice versa originates as Latin, with the literal translation being ‘the other way round’ or ‘the position being reversed’, but is now fully absorbed into English. The phrase is usually used to imply the complement of a statement without expressing as much in words; for example:
Vice versa is a Latin phrase that means “the other way around“. It may also refer to: Film. Vice Versa, a film adaptation of Thomas Anstey Guthrie’s 1882 novel with the same name, starring Charles Rock; Vice Versa, the third film adaptation of Guthrie’s
- 1 What does vice versa mean in a text?
- 2 What is vice versa with example?
- 3 Is it vice versa or Visa?
- 4 How do you use vice versa in a sentence?
- 5 What does versa mean in English?
- 6 Can you say vice versa in an essay?
- 7 What is the symbol for vice versa?
- 8 Is vice versa a formal word?
- 9 What is another word for Vice Versa?
- 10 What does via mean?
- 11 Can you still buy vice versa sweets?
- 12 What is vice versa in French?
- 13 How do you use vie in a sentence?
- 14 What is an example of a vice?
- 15 Do you put a comma before vice versa?
What does vice versa mean in a text?
What does vice versa mean? Vice versa is a Latin phrase translating to “and the other way around.” It has become a common English expression to show that the reverse of something said is true.
What is vice versa with example?
phrase. Vice versa is used to indicate that the reverse of what you have said is true. For example ‘people can perform some tasks better than machines can and vice versa ‘ means that machines can perform some tasks better than people can.
Is it vice versa or Visa?
Common misspelling of vice versa.
How do you use vice versa in a sentence?
- I do not like my sister’s new husband, and vice versa.
- I am tired of spending time with my family, and vice versa.
- Mothers infected by dengue may have babies with higher risk of severe Zika, and vice versa.
What does versa mean in English?
It comes from the Latin word vicis, which means “a change,” “an alteration,” or “a succession,” but also “a place” or “a position.” Versa comes from versus, which means “to turn.” When you combine the two words, you get a phrase that literally means “with position turned,” or, as we like to say in English, “the other
Can you say vice versa in an essay?
The phrase is commonly found in formal essays. If you ‘re worried about including it an academic paper, don’t worry. “ Vice versa,” being Latin is not inappropriate in the context of an academic paper. On the contrary, it is widely used and not at all frowned upon.
What is the symbol for vice versa?
|VV||Village Vanguard ( jazz club: in Greenwich Village, New York, NY)|
|VV||Vibo Valentia (postcode, Italy)|
Is vice versa a formal word?
Vice versa is a formal way of saying the other way around. While it is perhaps more commonly found in formal writing, it is a widely understood phrase and will also be used in less formal correspondence and speech.
What is another word for Vice Versa?
In this page you can discover 26 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for vice – versa, like: conversely, mutatis mutandis (Latin), in opposite manner, on-the-contrary, in reverse, the opposite way, the-other -way-round, turn-about, about-face, in reverse English and backwards.
What does via mean?
: by going through (a particular place): by way of (a particular place): by means of (a person, machine, etc.): by using (something or someone) See the full definition for via in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
Can you still buy vice versa sweets?
Vice Versas were first produced in the UK in 1991, but production was later discontinued. The chocolate sweet was re-launched in 2004, only to be withdrawn once more, roughly a year later.
What is vice versa in French?
More French words for vice versa. vice versa adverb. vice versa. inversement adverb. inversely, conversely.
How do you use vie in a sentence?
Vie in a Sentence
- In the championship game, the two teams will vie for the national title.
- The competitive twins often vie for the attention of their parents.
- This year eight candidates will vie for their political party’s endorsement.
What is an example of a vice?
A vice is a moral failing or a bad habit. Traditional examples of vice include drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco, and gambling in card games. But anything can be a vice, as long as there’s someone out there who views it as bad behavior or a moral weakness. You might say, casually, “I don’t drink, smoke, or gamble.
Do you put a comma before vice versa?
Use a comma before “and/or vice versa “. ” Vice versa ” is a Latin phrase meaning “the other way around”. Well, punctuation is one aspect of written English.