The B-1/B-2 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to travel to the United States for either business or tourism purposes. The B-1 visa covers business trips, while the B-2 visa covers tourism, such as vacation or visiting family.
- B1 is a business visa and b2 visa is for pleasure. B2 visa for those who are coming to the U.S.A as tourists or to visit friends or to visit relatives or for medical treatment. There are some similarities among these two visas like duration and some documents.
What Are the B1 and B2 Visas? The B1 and B2 visas are for visitors who travel to America and plan to go back to their home country afterward. They are good for short-term visits of up to one year. Specifically, the B1 visa is for business visits while the B2 visa is for pleasure, tourism, and medical visits.
- 1 How long can you stay in the US with a B1 B2 visa?
- 2 Can you work in the US with a B1 B2 visa?
- 3 How many times can you enter the US on a B1 B2 visa?
- 4 How long is B1 visa valid for?
- 5 Can B1 B2 visa holder apply for green card?
- 6 Can I leave and reenter the US on a B2 visa?
- 7 Can I get married in the US with my B1 B2 visa?
- 8 How can I convert my B1 B2 visa to work visa?
- 9 Which countries can I visit with US B1 B2 visa?
- 10 Can I renew my B1 B2 visa before it expires?
- 11 Can I renew my B1 B2 visa after it expires?
- 12 Can I visit Canada with US B1 B2 visa?
- 13 How much is a 10 year US visa?
- 14 How do I know if my B1 B2 visa is still valid?
- 15 How much is a B1 B2 visa?
How long can you stay in the US with a B1 B2 visa?
How long can I stay in the United States with a B1 / B2 Visa? The US B1 / B2 Visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 180 days Per Entry.
Can you work in the US with a B1 B2 visa?
An individual on a visitor visa ( B1 / B2 ) is not permitted to accept employment or work in the United States. There is no guarantee you will be issued a visa. You may use your valid visa in your expired passport along with a new valid passport for travel and admission to the United States.
How many times can you enter the US on a B1 B2 visa?
The B visa is a multiple entry visa, which means you can use it to enter the United States more than once. There is no limit on the number of times you can enter the U.S. on your B visa, as long as you keep the information we discuss below in mind.
How long is B1 visa valid for?
|Types of US Visas||Visa Validity||Stay Period|
|10 Years Tourist Visa (B2)||Up to 10 years||6 months|
|10 Years Business Visa ( B1 )||Up to 10 years||6 months|
Can B1 B2 visa holder apply for green card?
As a B-1/B-2 visitor, you could potentially apply for a green card from within the United States, a process known as “adjustment of status” (AOS). You can also apply from your home country using consular processing.
Can I leave and reenter the US on a B2 visa?
B-1 or B-2 Visas: During your visit to the U.S., you may visit Canada or Mexico for up to 30 days and re-enter the U.S. as long as you re-enter within the period noted on the Form I-94 which you received when you first entered. Remember, a B1 or B2 visa allows you to come to the U.S. to visit.
Can I get married in the US with my B1 B2 visa?
The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/ B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. There is nothing in the regulations that say individuals who are in the US as visitors cannot get married.
How can I convert my B1 B2 visa to work visa?
If you are already in United States on a B1 / B2 visa, you may apply for change of status” COS” from B-1/ B2 tourist visa to an H1B nonimmigrant worker. To do so, the change must occur before your B-1/ B2 visa expires. You must have a US company file the Form I-129 nonimmigrant worker petition for you as the beneficiary.
Which countries can I visit with US B1 B2 visa?
Indian passport holders can visit a total of 40 countries with a valid US visa. Here’s the list
- Reason to go: Local souks, Muscat’s Grand Mosque, and delectable Omani food.
- South Korea.
Can I renew my B1 B2 visa before it expires?
Can I renew my visa before it expires or do I have to wait until after its expiration date? Yes, you can apply for the new visa before your previous visa expires. Please note that the previous visa will be cancelled or taken up as part of the process of issuing a new visa.
Can I renew my B1 B2 visa after it expires?
So, if you had a B2 visa, you can only apply for B2 visa renewal. If, after your visa expired, you applied for another US visa and that application was rejected, you cannot apply for renewal. You will renew a US visa with multiple entries, and with a validity of more than 1 year.
Can I visit Canada with US B1 B2 visa?
That is, of course, if you are not visa -exempt or your country of origin is in the US Visa Waiver Program. The most commonly issued visa to travelers is the B1 / B2 visa, the Visitor Visa. It allows its holder to cross the US border and stay there for up to one year.
How much is a 10 year US visa?
If you choose Standard Processing, it will take 9 days, and your visa will cost USD 200.00. If you choose Rush Processing, it will take 7 days, and your visa will cost USD 230.00. If you choose Super Rush Processing, it will take 5 days, and your visa will cost USD 250.00.
How do I know if my B1 B2 visa is still valid?
To check on the status of your U.S. Visa application:
- United States: Contact the National Visa Center (NVC) at 1-603-334-0700 for immigrant visas. For nonimmigrant visas, call 1-603-334-0888.
- Abroad: Contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate where you filed your application.
How much is a B1 B2 visa?
Basic B1/B2 Visa Cost Overview
|Government Fees||Other Costs|
|Everyone pays these.||Varies based on your situation.|
|Embassy/Interview Fee: $160||Cost to gather documents & evidence (Varies)|
|Cost of acquiring your passport & passport photos (Varies)|
|Total Government fees: $160||Total RapidVisa Fee: $149|