Applying for a short-stay Schengen visa You can find out where to apply for a short-stay Schengen visa on www.netherlandsandyou.nl. This varies from country to country. In countries with a Dutch embassy or consulate you can apply for a visa there.
- You will have to lodge your Tourist Schengen Visa application at the embassy/consulate/visa centre of your main destination in the Schengen Area. By the main destination, we mean: When visiting only one Schengen state, submit your application at the embassy/consulate/visa centre of that country.
Where to Apply for a Schengen Visa in the US?
- If visiting one Schengen country – you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate representing the particular country of your destination.
- If visiting more than one Schengen country – you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate representing the country of your main destination (the country of longest stay).
- If visiting more than one Schengen country with equal stay duration – you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate representing the Schengen country you will enter first.
- If you intend to stay in the Schengen Area for over 90 days, you must apply for a long-stay visa, not a Schengen visa.
- 1 Which is the easiest country to get Schengen visa?
- 2 Where can I apply for a Schengen visa in South Africa?
- 3 Can I apply for Schengen visa outside my home country?
- 4 How do I apply for a Schengen visa from South Africa to Spain?
- 5 Is Schengen visa difficult to get?
- 6 Which is the most difficult visa to get?
- 7 Can I apply for a Schengen visa online?
- 8 How much is Schengen visa fee?
- 9 What are the documents required for Schengen visa?
- 10 Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
- 11 How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
- 12 Can I go to UK with Schengen visa?
- 13 How long does Schengen visa take?
- 14 How long is a Schengen visa valid for?
- 15 How much is Netherlands visa fee?
Which is the easiest country to get Schengen visa?
The easiest Schengen countries to apply for a Schengen visa from, are as follows:
- Lithuania. Lithuania is the easiest country to get a Schengen visa from, with only 1.3% of the short-term applications rejected in 2018.
- Czech Republic.
Where can I apply for a Schengen visa in South Africa?
Which means South African citizens will have to submit their Schengen visa applications at one of their Visa Application Centers located in Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria and Johannesburg. The VACs accept Schengen visa applications every workday from 8:00 to 17:00.
Can I apply for Schengen visa outside my home country?
Every visa is issued by a specific country, but allows you freedom of travel within the Schengen zone. Many of them specifically state that you can only apply for residency while outside the Schengen zone, and often from ” your country of residence.”
How do I apply for a Schengen visa from South Africa to Spain?
South African passport holders do require a Schengen visa for Spain, but luckily the process is a relatively painless one! You will need to apply at BLS International ( Spain Visa Application Centre) in Cape Town or Pretoria. Always apply at least 15 days prior to your departure date.
Is Schengen visa difficult to get?
I want to apply for a short-stay Schengen Visa. As for the most difficult, Belgium leads the way with a relatively high 16.9% of applications refused – the highest rate anywhere in the Schengen Area – but this still means that 83.1% of applicants are issued with a Schengen Visa.
Which is the most difficult visa to get?
Hardest countries to get a visa
- North Korea.
- Saudi Arabia.
Can I apply for a Schengen visa online?
Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most of the countries give you the chance to book an appointment online. On the other hand, in others you will need to book the appointment in person, at the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
How much is Schengen visa fee?
|Application Type||Visa Fee in Euros||Visa Fee in Naira|
|Short Term visas (up to 90 days stay) (Business, Tourism, Invitation, Sport competition, Medical treatment, Religious Purposes, Transit, Airport Transit)||80||36,450|
|Short Term visas for children going on tourism (Between 0 – 6 years)||FREE||FREE|
What are the documents required for Schengen visa?
What Documents are Required when Applying for a Schengen Visa?
- Visa application form. Fully completed and signed.
- Two recently taken photos must be attached.
- A valid passport.
- Round trip reservation or itinerary.
- Travel insurance policy.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of financial means.
- Proof of paid visa fee.
Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
How long does it take to receive the visa? It is advisable to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa at least 2 weeks prior to the planned trip. The Embassy Consulate will then reply in 10 working days as common (or less as usually occurs), the time taken to proceed all the documentation and the travelers request.
How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
Tickets for travelling within the Schengen area (if applicable) Proof of civil status – birth certificate will suffice. Bank statement – this needs to show a minimum balance of €3000 over the last 6 months.
Can I go to UK with Schengen visa?
No. The United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen zone and therefore you are not allowed to enter the UK with a Schengen visa. UK residents might need to apply for a Schengen visa if they want to travel from the UK to other countries in the EU.
How long does Schengen visa take?
The Schengen visa processing time around the world is approximately two weeks. Still, depending on your case, your application may take longer to be processed. In specific cases, the embassies take 30 days to process a visa, whereas in extraordinary cases you will have to wait for 60 calendar days.
How long is a Schengen visa valid for?
The Schengen Tourist Visa validity is of a maximum of 90 days in any 180-days period. This is also known as the 90/180 rule, or three months rule. In other words, once you have spent a total of 90 days in the Schengen Area (either consecutively or separately), within a 180-day frame, you must leave Europe.
How much is Netherlands visa fee?
Schengen Visa Fees
|Schengen Visa Category||Fee in EUR||Fee in USD*|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||40€||45$|
|Child younger than 6 years of age||Free||Free|
|Holders of diplomatic, official or service passports traveling for official purposes||Free||Free|