Vice versa is a Latin phrase that means “the other way around.”
- The second word, versa, is pronounced verse-ah. Because of the disagreement over how to pronounce vice, vice versa is sometimes erroneously spelled as visa versa. Don’t make this mistake: there is no such phrase as visa versa.
- 1 How do you write vice versa in short form?
- 2 How do you use the word vice versa in a sentence?
- 3 What is vice and versa?
- 4 What is a versa?
- 5 Can you say vice versa in an essay?
- 6 Is vice versa a formal word?
- 7 What is another word for Vice Versa?
- 8 What is vice versa example?
- 9 What does via mean?
- 10 Can you still buy vice versa sweets?
- 11 What is the meaning of vicious?
- 12 What is the meaning of intemperance?
- 13 What is opposite of controversial?
- 14 Is versa a word?
How do you write vice versa in short form?
Some parts were molded with ultrasonics but no tie layer, and vice versa.
|VV||Village Vanguard (jazz club: in Greenwich Village, New York, NY)|
|VV||Vibo Valentia (postcode, Italy)|
How do you use the word vice versa in a sentence?
- I do not like my sister’s new husband, and vice versa.
- I am tired of spending time with my family, and vice versa.
- Mothers infected by dengue may have babies with higher risk of severe Zika, and vice versa.
What is vice and versa?
in reverse order from the way something has been stated; the other way around: She dislikes me, and vice versa. Copernicus was the first to suggest that the earth revolves around the sun, and not vice versa.
What is a versa?
Versa. Versa is an RDF query language, that is, a query language for databases, able to retrieve and manipulate data stored in Resource Description Framework format. Versa differs from most other RDF query languages, which are typically based on SQL or specialized XML vocabularies.
Can you say vice versa in an essay?
The phrase is commonly found in formal essays. If you ‘re worried about including it an academic paper, don’t worry. “ Vice versa,” being Latin is not inappropriate in the context of an academic paper. On the contrary, it is widely used and not at all frowned upon.
Is vice versa a formal word?
Vice versa is a formal way of saying the other way around. While it is perhaps more commonly found in formal writing, it is a widely understood phrase and will also be used in less formal correspondence and speech.
What is another word for Vice Versa?
In this page you can discover 26 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for vice – versa, like: conversely, mutatis mutandis (Latin), in opposite manner, on-the-contrary, in reverse, the opposite way, the-other -way-round, turn-about, about-face, in reverse English and backwards.
What is vice versa example?
phrase. Vice versa is used to indicate that the reverse of what you have said is true. For example ‘people can perform some tasks better than machines can and vice versa ‘ means that machines can perform some tasks better than people can.
What does via mean?
: by going through (a particular place): by way of (a particular place): by means of (a person, machine, etc.): by using (something or someone) See the full definition for via in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
Can you still buy vice versa sweets?
Vice Versas were first produced in the UK in 1991, but production was later discontinued. The chocolate sweet was re-launched in 2004, only to be withdrawn once more, roughly a year later.
What is the meaning of vicious?
1a: dangerously aggressive: savage a vicious dog. b: marked by violence or ferocity: fierce a vicious fight. 2: malicious, spiteful vicious gossip. 3: worsened by internal causes that reciprocally augment each other a vicious wage-price spiral. 4: having the nature or quality of vice or immorality: depraved.
What is the meaning of intemperance?
: lack of moderation especially: habitual or excessive drinking of intoxicants.
What is opposite of controversial?
“the issue of the death penalty is highly controversial “; “Rushdie’s controversial book”; “a controversial decision on affirmative action” Antonyms: unchallenged, stipulatory, unquestioned, uncontroversial, unchallengeable, undisputed, noncontroversial, agreed upon(p)
Is versa a word?
No, versa is not in the scrabble dictionary.