In person, the process usually takes 7-10 working days, and by mail, the process usually takes 2-3 weeks, depending on the service you use, although times can vary considerably by embassy or consulate.
- The visa counter at Vietnam airport is 24/7 open so if you already have the approval letter, you can still pick up your visa at Vietnam airport on weekend. 3-month visa: For 3-month visa approval letter, it may take up to 5 working days. The second way to apply Vietnam visa is to come in person to Vietnam Embassy.
Usually making the online Vietnam visa application takes only a few minutes if your internet connection is strong. After completing the entire application process and paying the various application charges, it would take approximately 1 to 2 working days to receive the approval letter.
- 1 How much does a Vietnam visa cost?
- 2 Is it easy to get Vietnam visa?
- 3 How much is Vietnam visa for Canadian?
- 4 How do I get a tourist visa for Vietnam?
- 5 Are visas required for Vietnam?
- 6 Which countries do not need visa for Vietnam?
- 7 How long can I stay in Vietnam without a visa?
- 8 Can foreigner buy property in Vietnam?
- 9 Does a Canadian need a visa for Vietnam?
- 10 How long can a foreigner stay in Vietnam?
- 11 What happens if I arrive in Vietnam without a visa?
- 12 Is English spoken in Vietnam?
- 13 How can I stay in Vietnam for 6 months?
How much does a Vietnam visa cost?
Tourist visas are valid for either 30 days or 90 days. A single-entry 30-day visa costs US$20, a three-month multiple-entry visa is US$70.
Is it easy to get Vietnam visa?
Yes, Indian passport holders do need a visa to enter the country. However, with an online application for visas on arrival, it is now easier than ever for Indian citizens to get a Vietnam visa.
How much is Vietnam visa for Canadian?
Visa on arrival fees for Canada citizens
|Type of visa||Tourist visa||Stamping fee|
|Single 1 month||18||US$25|
|Single 3 month||28||US$25|
|Multiple 1 month||21||US$50|
|Multiple 3 month||43||US$50|
How do I get a tourist visa for Vietnam?
Here’s how to apply for a Vietnam Visa online in 4 easy steps:
- Get started by filling out the secure online form.
- Confirm and pay.
- Receive and print the Approval Letter.
- Get your visa stamp upon arrival at one of three Vietnam international airports.
Are visas required for Vietnam?
Entry Requirements: You must have a valid passport and a visa (or pre-approval for a visa on arrival) to enter Vietnam. Your passport must be valid for six months beyond your planned stay, and you must have at least one blank visa page. Visit the Embassy of Vietnam website for the most current information.
Which countries do not need visa for Vietnam?
Vietnam visa exemption
- Area. Country. Term of residence.
- Asia. Thailand. Less than 30 days.
- Malaysia. Less than 30 days.
- Singapore. Less than 30 days.
- Indonesia. Less than 30 days.
- Cambodia. Less than 30 days.
- Lao. Less than 30 days.
- Philippines. Less than 21 days.
How long can I stay in Vietnam without a visa?
Travellers from these countries can travel to Vietnam without a visa for 15 days, longer term visas can be obtained through visa on arrival or at the local embassy.
Can foreigner buy property in Vietnam?
Unfortunately, foreigners are not allowed to purchase land in Vietnam. But thanks to the Vietnam’s Land Use Rights (LUR) (also known as Ownership Certificate of Property ), foreigners are allowed to use and control the land they lease with a leasehold period of up to 50-70 years.
Does a Canadian need a visa for Vietnam?
Canadians must be in possession of a visa to enter Vietnam. You should obtain your visa prior to arrival. You can request an extension from: the Vietnam Immigration Department in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
How long can a foreigner stay in Vietnam?
1 month tourist visa allows foreign visitors to enter and reside in Vietnam up to 30 days. About 3 month visa, visitors can stay in the country up to 90 days ( 3 months ). According to the regulation of Vietnam Immigration Department, visitors entering Vietnam by a tourist visa can reside in the country up to 4 months.
What happens if I arrive in Vietnam without a visa?
You will be allowed to stay 15 days without a visa. If you want to stay longer, you’ll need to apply for a visa as normal. While a bit more involved than other countries, Vietnam does allow foreign travelers to obtain a “ Visa on Arrival ” or VOA at the airports in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang.
Is English spoken in Vietnam?
Long story short, the answer is yes, BUT depends on where you go. Residents in all the tourist areas are able to communicate in English. In more remote areas, English speakers can be very rare. Some older Vietnamese people will speak more French than English, especially in the former South Vietnam.
How can I stay in Vietnam for 6 months?
In summary, there are four simple steps to get 6 month visa on arrival in Vietnam:
- Fill out the secure online Application form.
- Confirm and pay service fee.
- Receive the approval letter and prepare for getting visa stamped on arrival.
- Get your visa upon arrival.