It takes 5 – 7.5 months on average (as of October 2021) for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process Form I-129F (technically called the “Petition for Alien Fiancé”), and an additional 3-4 weeks to receive instructions from the National Visa Center (NVC) to continue the process.
How long does it take to process US fiancee visa?
- USCIS processes many fiancé visa applications each year, which explains why it may be a while before you actually receive your fiancé visa. Typically, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may take anywhere from 6 months to a year to process your K-1 fiancé visa application (Form I-129F).
- 1 How long does it take to get a fiance visa 2019?
- 2 How much does a fiance visa cost?
- 3 Why does fiance visa take so long?
- 4 Is the fiance visa faster?
- 5 Which is faster spouse or fiance visa?
- 6 How long does fiance visa take 2021?
- 7 How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
- 8 Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
- 9 Can I travel to us while waiting for K1 visa?
- 10 How can I speed up my K1 visa?
- 11 How can I check my fiance visa status?
- 12 How can I bring my fiance to USA?
- 13 Why would a fiance visa be denied?
- 14 What happens if an American marries a Nigerian?
- 15 Can you work with a fiance visa?
How long does it take to get a fiance visa 2019?
Depending on which USCIS service center is handling the case, the average processing times can take anywhere from 6 to 9 months (as of 2019). Once the Form I-129F is approved, USCIS will send a notice to the petitioner informing them of the approval or denial of the petition.
How much does a fiance visa cost?
Fiancé visa cost: $2,025 The U.S. citizen partner completes the appropriate government form (I-129F – “petition for a K-1 Visa”), and mails it to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with the $535 filing fee.
Why does fiance visa take so long?
Backlogs, errors and general delays can happen at any step of the K-1 process. These things can end up costing you several weeks. These are the reasons why the K1 takes so long for many people.
Is the fiance visa faster?
Application Process and Timeline for Fiancé (e) and Spousal Visa. If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé (e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage-based visa will be quicker.
Which is faster spouse or fiance visa?
While processing times have gotten significantly better for U.S. Citizens, the K1 Fiance Visa is still quicker and simpler for unmarried international couples seeking to get married. A Marriage Visa is typically more complex, slower and, a more expensive route compared to the K1 Fiance Visa.
How long does fiance visa take 2021?
As of 2021, if you do everything correctly, avoid getting a request for evidence, and aren’t from a high-fraud area, the process is taking on average from 6 to 9 months, from start to finish. Please keep in mind all our timelines are rearward looking, meaning we can only give an estimate of approvals we see currently.
How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé (e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
As a U.S. citizen, you can bring your girlfriend here on a fiancée or fiancé visa. The alternative is to marry her abroad and then petition for her to get an immigrant visa. If the U.S. consul grants the K-1 visa, your fiancée can travel to the U.S. for a 90-day stay. If you marry, she can apply for a green card.
Can I travel to us while waiting for K1 visa?
Visiting After Receiving a K-1 Visa Once your I-129F is approved and you receive a K-1 visa, you won’t be able to come on temporary visits to the United States.
How can I speed up my K1 visa?
How to Speed K1 Fiance Visa Process Post USCIS
- Prepare ahead of time before NOA2 to gather your financial and supporting documents for the embassy interview.
- Call NVC to get your case number instead of waiting for the letter.
- Pay Visa Application Fee.
- Schedule embassy interview appointment.
How can I check my fiance visa status?
Follow the below steps to check your USCIS case status online.
- Go to my USCIS Case Status Search Case Status Online.
- Enter your 13-digit receipt number in box below “Enter your receipt number”.
- Click on the ” Check Status ” button and wait.
- Once the page refreshes you will see information about your case.
How can I bring my fiance to USA?
If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé (e) to the United States in order to get married, you will need to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé (e). This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your fiancé (e).
Why would a fiance visa be denied?
K1 Fiance Visas are generally denied when the Petitioner fails to meet the requirements of a Fiance Visa, when the forms are incorrectly filled out and never corrected, our when there is a lack of evidence to support the claim of a genuine relationship.
What happens if an American marries a Nigerian?
After your marriage in the U.S., your new spouse can apply to USCIS for a green card, through a process called adjustment of status (the primary form for which is the I-485). The two of you will attend a green card interview at a local USCIS office.
Can you work with a fiance visa?
As a K-1 visa holder, you can work in the U.S. only if, after entering, you apply for and receive a work permit. This is known by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). It is a small plastic card with your photo on it.