Tourist / Visitor Visa:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Completed visa application form.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- A Letter of Invitation from a company/host in Nigeria accepting immigration responsibility.
- Visitors/Tourists are required to show evidence of sufficient funds.
What are the requirements for a Nigerian visa?
- A valid passport and business visa are required for travel to Nigeria. Passport Requirements: Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Nigeria, with at least one blank passport page available for Nigerian visa stamp.
To obtain a tourist Nigeria visa, your documents need to include:
- Nigeria Visa Application Form
- U.S. Passport Book with at least 6 months validity
- Passport Photo
- Itinerary of your Trip
- Bank Statement to provide proof of sufficient funds
- Documentation of Nigeria Visa you have obtained previously.
EnglishReference: See less
Was this helpful?
- 1 How long does it take to get a Nigerian visa?
- 2 How much does a Nigerian visa cost?
- 3 Can you get a Nigerian visa on arrival?
- 4 How much is a Nigerian visa from South Africa?
- 5 What happens if an American marries a Nigerian?
- 6 Is it hard to get a Nigerian visa?
- 7 Can I get a Nigerian visa online?
- 8 Can I visit Nigeria without a visa?
- 9 Is Nigeria safe for tourist?
- 10 Can American citizen get visa on arrival in Nigeria?
- 11 Which country is visa-free for Nigeria?
- 12 How many countries are visa-free for Nigeria?
- 13 How much is South Africa ticket from Lagos?
- 14 Does a South African need a visa to go to Nigeria?
- 15 Can I travel from Nigeria to South Africa now?
How long does it take to get a Nigerian visa?
How long does it take to obtain a Nigeria visa? Typically, a visa takes anywhere from 2 days to 15+ days to process in the Nigeria Embassy/Consulate depending on the consulate that we need to send the application.
How much does a Nigerian visa cost?
The Nigerian Tourist visa cost varies based on your country and currency, but on average, it will cost between $160 and $180 USD as of 2020. You may also have to pay for processing fees as well as any additional documents you may need, such as passport photos.
Can you get a Nigerian visa on arrival?
Your passport must be at least six (6) months valid to apply for Nigerian visa. Upon arrival at the port of entry proceed to Visa on Arrival section for Approval verification, biometric enrollment, and issuance of entry Visa.
How much is a Nigerian visa from South Africa?
Visa Fees for all visa categories is to be paid online while filling Visa application form on Nigerian Immigration portal. All applicants need to pay a mandatory service fee of R1350 (Inclusive of taxes) to be paid during application submission at visa application center.
What happens if an American marries a Nigerian?
After your marriage in the U.S., your new spouse can apply to USCIS for a green card, through a process called adjustment of status (the primary form for which is the I-485). The two of you will attend a green card interview at a local USCIS office.
Is it hard to get a Nigerian visa?
It is incredibly difficult though to get the approval letter from the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) unless you apply through a representative in Nigeria. After getting the approval letter, you are then required to fill out the actual visa form online and pay the visa fee applicable to your country.
Can I get a Nigerian visa online?
Application for Nigerian Visas can now be completed online from anywhere on the globe. Application guidelines are also available online.
Can I visit Nigeria without a visa?
A passport valid for six months, a visa, and proof of Polio and Yellow Fever vaccinations are required to enter Nigeria. Visitors who arrive in Nigeria without a visa or pre-approval for a “ visa on arrival” may be refused entry.
Is Nigeria safe for tourist?
Nigeria is not the safest place to travel in Africa, however there are a number of things you can do to avoid trouble and exercise extra personal safety. There are government warnings that are in place for terrorism risks, kidnapping and other violent crime.
Can American citizen get visa on arrival in Nigeria?
Note: Visa on Arrival is available to citizens of all countries except ECOWAS Nationals who do not require visa to visit Nigeria and other countries which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements.
Which country is visa-free for Nigeria?
|Cambodia||eVisa / Visa on arrival|
|Cameroon||Visa not required|
|Cape Verde||Visa not required|
How many countries are visa-free for Nigeria?
A Nigerian passport holder can access just 54 destinations visa – free. That’s a modest 23.8% of the 227 countries and territories worldwide.
How much is South Africa ticket from Lagos?
Flights to Cities in South Africa
|Lagos to Johannesburg||$466|
|Lagos to Cape Town||$539|
|Lagos to Durban||$1104|
|Lagos to Port Elizabeth, South Africa||$683|
Does a South African need a visa to go to Nigeria?
South African passport holders require entry visas for Nigeria. For more information contact the Nigerian Consulate-General in Johannesburg. While a valid international health certificate proving vaccination against yellow fever only is required, vaccination against hepatitis A and B and meningitis is also recommended.
Can I travel from Nigeria to South Africa now?
In all cases, Nigerian travelers to South Africa currently need to obtain a visa from a South African embassy or consulate in their country of residence, which can be a time-consuming and costly process.