How to Apply
- Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule your appointment on this web page. You need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:
- Visit the U.S. Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview.
How long can I stay in the U.S. as a visitor?
- The Normal Rule The quick answer to the question of how long a visitor can lawfully stay in the United States for most people is six months. To be more precise, once an admission is determined to be “fair and reasonable,” the default position is that the visitor is granted a six month time period to stay.
- Submit Form DS-160. Submit your information as well as details about your purpose of visit.
- Pay the application fees. The application fee for the US Tourist Visa is $160. Depending on your country’s relationship with the US, you might have to pay other fees too.
- Schedule your US Tourist Visa interview. All applicants between 14 and 79 years old must go through an interview at the US Embassy.
- Compile your B2 Visa document file. The documents file that you have includes all supporting documents to show the US Embassy that it is safe to give you the visa.
- Attend the visa interview. On the date of your interview, a US Embassy official will ask questions about your background and why you want to go to the United States.
- 1 What are the documents required for US tourist visa?
- 2 How long does it take to get a US tourist visa?
- 3 How much bank balance is required for US tourist visa?
- 4 How much is a tourist visa to USA?
- 5 Is it easy to get US tourist visa?
- 6 Do I need invitation letter for US tourist visa?
- 7 Why do visas get denied?
- 8 Can I get a 10 year visa for USA?
- 9 How do you increase your chances of getting a US visa?
- 10 How can I pass US visa interview?
- 11 Can a US citizen sponsor a tourist visa?
- 12 How often can I visit USA on tourist visa?
- 13 What are the questions asked in US visa interview?
What are the documents required for US tourist visa?
Mandatory documents required for US Visitor Visa (Tourist Visa)
- Original Passport with a six month validity beyond expected arrival date in USA.
- All old passports.
- One photograph per specification.
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
How long does it take to get a US tourist visa?
It takes from 3 to 5 weeks for a US visa application to get processed. After the processing, the applicant can get a positive reply on their application, and the consulate will deliver the document. The delivery of the visa can take up to two other workdays.
How much bank balance is required for US tourist visa?
There are no rules for any minimum balance requirement for your bank account, people’s experiences say that some where between 5 to 10K$ is enough to show.
How much is a tourist visa to USA?
A US Tourist Visa costs $160. The amount can be paid either during the application process or right before the interview and depends on nationality. What you need to remember is that when you attend your interview, one of the required documents is the application fee receipt. The process cannot move one without it.
Is it easy to get US tourist visa?
Although the application process for a visitor visa is fairly simple, successfully obtaining the visa is harder than you might expect. The U.S. State Department, via its consulates around the world, denies a surprising number of visitor visa applications.
Do I need invitation letter for US tourist visa?
A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.
Why do visas get denied?
An application may be denied because the consular officer does not have all of the information required to determine if the applicant is eligible to receive a visa, because the applicant does not qualify for the visa category for which he or she applied, or because the information reviewed indicates the applicant falls
Can I get a 10 year visa for USA?
What is the 10 year USA visa? The 10 Year visa may refer to the B1/B2 visa, which can be used for multiple entry during the 10 year period up to 180 days Per Entry.
How do you increase your chances of getting a US visa?
U.S. Tourist Visa: How to Make your Chances of Approval Higher
- Employment. Having a job in your home country will not guarantee to have your visa issued.
- Family Obligation.
- Property and Personal Asset.
- Community Involvement.
- Travel History.
How can I pass US visa interview?
The tips below are intended to help you prepare for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in your home country.
- Ties to Home Country.
- Speak for Yourself.
- Know the Program and How it Fits Your Career Plans.
- Be Concise.
- Supplemental Documentation.
- Not All Countries Are Equal.
Can a US citizen sponsor a tourist visa?
US residents, citizens, or temporary workers (H1B, L1, E visa, etc.) living in USA can invite their parents, relatives or friends to visit USA. A B2 visitor visa ( Tourist Visa ) can be applied by a foreign visitor at a US consulate in applicant’s home country.
How often can I visit USA on tourist visa?
If you have a B1/B2 visa, you can visit the United States whenever you want to – as long as your passport is valid. The B visa is a multiple entry visa, which means you can use it to enter the United States more than once.
What are the questions asked in US visa interview?
The commonly asked questions for US Visitor visa interview are the following:
- What is the purpose of your visit to the US?
- Have you been to the US before?
- Do you have relatives or friends currently in the US?
- Details on your friends / relatives in the US.
- Where will you be residing in the United States?