How do I use the Visa Bulletin?
- Based on your visa petition type,look at either the family-sponsored or employment-based chart on the Visa Bulletin.
- Find your visa type in the left-hand column.
- Stay in that row and move directly to the right to find the cut-off date for your country.
A visa bulletin is a monthly bulletin that is published indicating the preference categories and the processing times for different employment and family-based immigration petitions. The visa bulletin is published monthly by the Department of State. It tells you which applications for a green card can proceed based on their original filing date.
- 1 What is Visa Bulletin current?
- 2 How do you read a visa bulletin?
- 3 What happens after Visa Bulletin becomes current?
- 4 What is priority date visa bulletin?
- 5 How often is Visa Bulletin updated?
- 6 What is the waiting time for F4 visa?
- 7 How long for interview after priority date is current?
- 8 What is final action date?
- 9 When Visa Bulletin is updated every month?
- 10 How do I know if my visa is approved?
- 11 Is NVC scheduling interviews 2020?
- 12 What is F24 visa category?
- 13 Is Priority date same as filing date?
- 14 What is the difference between filing date and final action date?
- 15 How do I check my NVC status?
What is Visa Bulletin current?
Current: In the context of the visa bulletin, “ current ” means no backlog and no wait time for a green card. A particular priority date becomes “ current ” once it reaches the front of the line and a green card is available.
How do you read a visa bulletin?
Select the “Current Visa Bulletin.” Forward to “Family-Sponsored Preferences” to see a table similar to the sample below. Find your family preference category and compare your priority date to the date listed. If your priority date comes before the date listed, your immigrant visa is current.
What happens after Visa Bulletin becomes current?
Still, after your priority date becomes current in the “Application Final Action Dates” chart, you will have one year to pursue your visa or green card. If you miss this as well, the government will perceive you have quit, and the next person in the line will get your visa number to the next.
What is priority date visa bulletin?
The application date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who cannot submit documentation to the National Visa Center for an immigrant visa. The “C” listing indicates that the category is current, and that applications may be filed regardless of the applicant’s priority date.
How often is Visa Bulletin updated?
The Department of State also has available a recorded message with visa final action dates which can be heard at: (202) 485-7699. The recording is normally updated on/about the 17th of each month with information on final action dates for the following month.
What is the waiting time for F4 visa?
F4 Visa Processing Time It could take anywhere between 1 and 10 years to get your visa processed.
How long for interview after priority date is current?
You have one year after your priority date becomes current in the “Application Final Action Dates” chart to pursue your visa or green card. If you do not, the government assumes you have abandoned it, and will give your visa number to the next person in line.
What is final action date?
What are “ Final Action Dates ” in Visa Bulletin? The “ final action dates ” or “application final action dates ” are the dates when the actual green card numbers are available for that category & country of birth, so that the final green Cards or immigrant visas can be issued.
When Visa Bulletin is updated every month?
The Visa Bulletin is a monthly publication that provides updated monthly numbers of the list of applicants and the “current” priority date for those applicants. The publication normally is issued the second or third week of each month.
How do I know if my visa is approved?
- Overview. If your visa application is approved, your passport and visa will be available for pick up at the U.S. Embassy.
- Check the Status of Your Visa. You can check the status of your application any time at this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx.
- Required Documents for Passport Retrieval.
Is NVC scheduling interviews 2020?
The National Visa Center ( NVC ) and Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) are scheduling interview appointments for new immigrant visa cases. The Embassy and Consulate General are also accepting appointment requests from boarding foil and returning resident permit applicants.
What is F24 visa category?
F24. Unmarried son or daughter of lawful permanent resident. 203(a)(2)(B) Page 3.
Is Priority date same as filing date?
For family-based visas, the priority date is the date U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receives the Form I-130 petition. Because of this, the priority date is the filing date of the PERM application with DOL. Alien workers are able to retain this priority date when their I-140 petitions are filed.
What is the difference between filing date and final action date?
Now, the “ Date for Filing ” determines whether or not you can submit the final immigrant visa application, and the “ Final Action Date ” indicates whether or not it is expected that an immigrant visa number will be available.
How do I check my NVC status?
You can see the current status of your case or make updates by logging into the Consular Electronic Application Center at https://ceac.state.gov.