It takes 5 – 7.5 months on average (as of October 2021) for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process Form I-129F (technically called the “Petition for Alien Fiancé”), and an additional 3-4 weeks to receive instructions from the National Visa Center (NVC) to continue the process.
- In total, the K1 visa process can take 9-11 months to complete. According to USCIS, backlogs have increased which means there are long delays for I-129F approvals. It is now taking 5-7 months for USCIS to approved I-129F petitions and some service centers are taking longer than this.
- 1 How long does K1 visa take 2020?
- 2 How long does the K1 visa process take 2019?
- 3 Are K1 visas still being processed 2020?
- 4 Why is K1 visa taking so long?
- 5 Which is faster K1 visa or spouse visa?
- 6 How can I speed up my K1 visa?
- 7 Can I visit the US while waiting for K1 visa?
- 8 How much income do I need to sponsor a K1 visa?
- 9 Can my fiance visit while waiting for K1 visa?
- 10 What percentage of fiance visas are approved?
- 11 Are fiance visas still being processed?
- 12 Can I work with a K1 visa?
- 13 Why do K1 visas get denied?
- 14 What is the next step after K1 visa?
- 15 What happens if you get divorced after a K1 visa?
How long does K1 visa take 2020?
If you and your fiancé meet all K1 visa requirements, your application will likely be approved. The estimated timeframe to obtain an approval if you choose the K1 visa route depends on USCIS processing timelines. Nonetheless, as a very general estimate, it can take approximately 6-9 months for a decision.
How long does the K1 visa process take 2019?
K-1 Fiancé Visa Process & Timeline (Updated for 2019) Depending on which USCIS service center is handling the case, the average processing times can take anywhere from 6 to 9 months (as of 2019).
Are K1 visas still being processed 2020?
The K-1 Fiance Visa is not Banned, but they are not being processed at the Consulate Stage or being issued since they are not “mission critical.” So, they are technically not banned, but just not being given out by the US Consulates/Embassies.
Why is K1 visa taking so long?
Backlogs, errors and general delays can happen at any step of the K-1 process. These things can end up costing you several weeks. These are the reasons why the K1 takes so long for many people.
Which is faster K1 visa or spouse visa?
While processing times have gotten significantly better for U.S. Citizens, the K1 Fiance Visa is still quicker and simpler for unmarried international couples seeking to get married. A Marriage Visa is typically more complex, slower and, a more expensive route compared to the K1 Fiance Visa.
How can I speed up my K1 visa?
How to Speed K1 Fiance Visa Process Post USCIS
- Prepare ahead of time before NOA2 to gather your financial and supporting documents for the embassy interview.
- Call NVC to get your case number instead of waiting for the letter.
- Pay Visa Application Fee.
- Schedule embassy interview appointment.
Can I visit the US while waiting for K1 visa?
Visiting After Receiving a K-1 Visa Once your I-129F is approved and you receive a K-1 visa, you won’t be able to come on temporary visits to the United States.
How much income do I need to sponsor a K1 visa?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé(e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Can my fiance visit while waiting for K1 visa?
You cannot reside in the United States on a B-2 tourist visa or on the Visa Waiver Program while waiting on a K1 fiancé visa or K3 spousal visa. However, you can make a temporary visit on those visas.
What percentage of fiance visas are approved?
According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), around 90 percent of fiancé visas were approved in 2016. In 2017, when President Donald Trump took office, the percentage of approved fiancé visas dropped to around 66 percent.
Are fiance visas still being processed?
U.S. Embassies and Consulates have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March 2020 and will continue to do so as they are able. Applicants should check the website of their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for updates on what services that post is currently able to offer.
Can I work with a K1 visa?
As a K-1 visa holder, you can work in the U.S. only if, after entering, you apply for and receive a work permit. This is known by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). It is a small plastic card with your photo on it.
Why do K1 visas get denied?
Your K-1 visa petition may be denied if one or both of you do not meet the legal requirements to get married in the U.S. The most common scenario is when either or both of you haven’t terminated your previous marriage(s).
What is the next step after K1 visa?
Major Steps in Adjusting Status After K-1 Fiance Visa Entry You will not, however, become a permanent resident right away. Because of the recency of your marriage, you will first need to spend two years as a “conditional resident,” then apply to transition to permanent residence.
What happens if you get divorced after a K1 visa?
Divorce before or after filing the I-485 (Adjustment of Status) If you divorce your sponsoring fiance (e) before filing the I-485, then you will likely lose residency. You may not be able to file for a green card. You and your K2 children may lose immigration rights and leave the US.