To apply for an H4 Visa, you must file the Form DS-160 online. When you pay the application fee, do not forget to save the receipt as you will need it during your interview. The H4 Visa is the same cost as the other H types permits ($190). After filing your petition, you can schedule your interview appointment.
What is the process of H4 visa?
- H4 Visa Process: How to Apply for an H4 Visa. To apply for a visa, the applicant must begin the H4 visa process and fill out a DS-160 form online and then attend their visa interview. There are several H4 visa documents the applicant must bring to either prove their marital status or their dependency on the primary visa holder (H1B family member).
To apply for a visa, the applicant must begin the H4 visa process and fill out a DS-160 form online and then attend their visa interview. H4 Visa Process: H4 Visa Documents There are several H4 visa documents the applicant must bring to either prove their marital status or their dependency on the primary visa holder (H1B family member).
- 1 How long does it take to get H4 visa?
- 2 Can I file H4 on my own?
- 3 How much is H4 visa fee?
- 4 Can I apply for H4 visa in us?
- 5 Will H4 visa get rejected?
- 6 Is H4 visa banned?
- 7 Who pays H4 visa?
- 8 Can we file H4 online?
- 9 Can I book H4 appointment before marriage?
- 10 What documents do I need for H4 visa interview?
- 11 What are the questions asked in H4 visa interview?
- 12 Can my spouse work on H4?
- 13 Can parents get H4 visa?
- 14 How can I convert H4 to H1B?
How long does it take to get H4 visa?
An H4 dependent visa by filing an DS-160 application with supporting documentation to US consul abroad usually takes a 3 weeks, more or less. If in the US the H4 application process is months long.
Can I file H4 on my own?
Yes, your spouse and baby will need to be derivative visas of your correct status. You can file on your own or hire an attorney.
How much is H4 visa fee?
To apply for an H4 Visa, you must file the Form DS-160 online. Do not forget to pay the application fee and to save the receipt: you will need it during your interview. The H4 Visa has the same cost as the other H types permits, that is $190.
Can I apply for H4 visa in us?
If you are outside of the U.S. and not under any other nonimmigrant visa status, you will need to go through a U.S consulate or embassy in order to obtain your H-4 visa. Once your spouse or parent has an approved H-1B visa, you can apply using the DS-160 online application for nonimmigrant visas.
Will H4 visa get rejected?
If your application for an H4 visa is rejected, you can reapply to try again. As long as your sponsor still has their visa and you haven’t broken any immigration law or other laws in the U.S., you can submit another application. You can see if correcting any unclear information on your visa request helps.
Is H4 visa banned?
Since February 2019, the former President Donald Trump’s administration was moving to rescind the 2015 Obama-era ‘ H-4 Employment Authorisation Document ( EAD )’ rule. H4 visa is given to dependent spouses of H-1B visa holders to legally work in the US.
Who pays H4 visa?
Thanks. Under the law, the employer is only obligated to pay the training fee, i.e. $750 or $1500. The rest of the fee including the H-4 fee can be paid by the employer or the employee.
Can we file H4 online?
No online filing is available. You must send the paper application by mail or courier. H4 visa EAD must be filed as regular processing only as premium processing is not available. Concurrent filing for EAD (Form I -765) along with H-4 visa application (Form I -539, Change of Status or Extension of Status) is allowed.
Can I book H4 appointment before marriage?
H4 visa interview before full & final Indian marriage ceremony can result in form 221g denial. Visa officer asking for authentic photo album with relatives. You have to very careful as to how you plan. Do not be in hurry as it can really make things worse if a form 221g is issued.
What documents do I need for H4 visa interview?
These documents include:
- US visa interview appointment letter (emailed to you when applying for the interview )
- A valid passport.
- Copy of the primary visa holder’s passport.
- Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together.
- Passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Confirmation page of the online DS-160 form.
What are the questions asked in H4 visa interview?
Here are the questions that you may come across:
- What kind of visa are you applying for?
- Why do you need a USA visa?
- Who made this appointment so that you may attend the interview?
- How did you get the documents necessary for the visa interview?
- When did the spouse receive their own visa stamping? (
Can my spouse work on H4?
Spouse and children of H1B visa holder can get H4 visa to enter the USA. H4 is non-immigrant visa and doesn’t provide work permit unless H1B spouses Green Card process have started. USCIS began accepting H4 EAD application from May of 2015.
Can parents get H4 visa?
Answer: Unfortunately, you cannot file for your parents as H4 dependents. You can only get H4 visas for your spouse and children under the age of 21.
How can I convert H4 to H1B?
To apply for H4 to H1B conversion, the applicant must submit the following documents along with those required for H1B application.
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.
- Supporting documents such as employment offer, support letter, and labor condition approval, (LCA)