Japan tourist visa requirements
- Hold a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and 2 blank pages.
- A completed visa application form.
- Provide a recent color passport photo and a certified copy of your birth certificate.
- If married, submit a marriage certificate (if issued within the last year.
- Complete the visa application form. The application requires you to provide information about your identity, background, medical condition, and medical treatment plan. You can get the form from the Japanese embassy or consulate nearest you, or you can download it from their website. Glue a recent passport photo to the top of your application.
There are 3 ways to apply for your Japanese visa:
- Apply at you’re your local embassy or consulate yourself
- Arrange for your application to be submitted by someone on your behalf. You will need a letter of proxy to be able to do this
- Apply through a travel agent that has been approved by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate
- 1 How long does it take to get a Japanese visa?
- 2 How much is Japan visa fee?
- 3 Is it hard to get a Japanese visa?
- 4 Can you become a Japanese citizen?
- 5 How do I get a work visa for Japan?
- 6 What documents are required for Japan visa?
- 7 Can I apply Japan visa online?
- 8 How much money should I bring to Japan?
- 9 How can I permanently move to Japan?
- 10 Can I live in Japan without knowing Japanese?
- 11 How can I move to Japan without a job?
- 12 Is it expensive to live in Japan?
- 13 Is it hard to become a Japanese citizen?
- 14 Does Japan give citizenship to foreigners?
- 15 Can a foreigner buy a house in Japan?
How long does it take to get a Japanese visa?
The processing time for a Japan visa can range from 2 days to 5 days or more depending on how you apply for the visa. Going to the embassy or consulate-general will most likely take 5 days to process if you are going as a temporary visitor. Diplomats and Official visas tend to be processed within two days.
How much is Japan visa fee?
Fees must be paid for the issuance of visas. The fees are about 3,000 yen for a single-entry visa, 6,000 yen for a double-entry or multiple-entry visa, and 700 yen for a transit visa.
Is it hard to get a Japanese visa?
Obtaining a proper status of residence is a prerequisite to a stable life in Japan, but it can be difficult to get hold of the right visa. Even if they do, it can then be difficult to find an employer willing to sponsor an application for a working visa.
Can you become a Japanese citizen?
Unlike most other countries, the applicant does not have to have been a permanent resident to be eligible to apply for Japanese naturalization. The outlined criteria for naturalization are provided in Article 5 of the Nationality Act: Stateless or willing to renounce foreign citizenship and swear allegiance to Japan.
How do I get a work visa for Japan?
Applying for the Japan Work Visa
- Contact the nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
- Collect the required documents for a Japan Work Visa.
- Submit the Japan Work Visa application either directly at the Embassy/Consulate or at the travel agency or visa application agency.
- Collect the visa.
What documents are required for Japan visa?
Japan tourist visa requirements Hold a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining and 2 blank pages. A completed visa application form. Provide a recent color passport photo and a certified copy of your birth certificate. If married, submit a marriage certificate (if issued within the last year.
Can I apply Japan visa online?
Applicants will be able to fill in the Japan visa online application form in just a few minutes, by supplying personal and passport information, and travel details, and answering a few security-related questions.
How much money should I bring to Japan?
How much money will you need for your trip to Japan? You should plan to spend around ¥14,910 ($136) per day on your vacation in Japan, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
How can I permanently move to Japan?
To qualify for permanent residency as a single person, you need to have lived in Japan for ten years or more, with five or more of those years on a work visa or other resident visa (working holiday or student visas don’t count).
Can I live in Japan without knowing Japanese?
It’s certainly possible to work in Japan without speaking Japanese, though your options will be limited. Many use this job either as a secure means to live for one or two years before returning to their home countries, or as a springboard to their next careers in Japan.
How can I move to Japan without a job?
If you don’t have a job lined up, you could try your luck with a tourist visa, which allows you to stay in the country for up to 90 days. A lot of people moving to Tokyo get a tourist visa with the hopes that they can secure a job and a work visa before their initial visa period runs out.
Is it expensive to live in Japan?
Japan has a reputation for its high living costs, especially Tokyo which annually makes it into the lists of the world’s top ten most expensive cities. Like most major cities in the world, rent tends to make up a large chunk of living costs in Japan, followed by car ownership and transport.
Is it hard to become a Japanese citizen?
Though there are numerous requirements and a lot of paperwork, Japanese citizenship isn’t impossible to obtain. Just be aware, Japan does not permit dual-citizenship, therefore you will have no renounce your current nationality.
Does Japan give citizenship to foreigners?
Foreigners who have resided in Japan for at least five consecutive years (less if married to a Japanese national), have shown good conduct, have never plotted against the Japanese government, have sufficient assets or ability to make an independent living and are willing to renounce any other citizenship held, can be
Can a foreigner buy a house in Japan?
There are no restrictions on foreigners buying land or property in the country, and no citizenship or resident visa is required. That said, without a work visa or permanent resident status, obtaining a loan can be difficult. Foreign buyers typically opt to pay cash for this reason.