Guidelines on How to Apply for a Schengen Visa
- Figure out which Schengen visa type you need.
- Find out where you need to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Find the most suitable time to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Book an appointment.
- Fill the Schengen visa application form.
- Gather the required documents.
- Attend the visa interview.
Can we get Schengen and UK visa together?
- As a result, the Schengen and UK visa are two independent endorsements and neither of them alone can grant you entry in the other. However, there is a silver lining to this. Both these visas make getting the other easier. In fact, you can even possess a UK and Schengen visa together and visit one after the other.
- Download the application. The Schengen Visa application form is the same in every country.
- Fill in the application. You will need basic biographical information, such as your name, your date of birth, your country of birth, and your current nationality.
- Gather your documents. You will need documents such as your passport, proof of residency, and a passport photo.
- Submit the application. Most countries require that you apply at their embassy or consulate in person in your host country.
- Give your fingerprints. You will be fingerprinted at the consulate’s office if you haven’t before for a Schengen Visa.
- Pay the fee. The fee will vary both by the country you’re from and the country you’re applying to.
- 1 How long does it take to get a Schengen visa?
- 2 How much does a Schengen visa cost?
- 3 Is it easy to get Schengen visa?
- 4 How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
- 5 Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
- 6 Is there any interview for Schengen visa?
- 7 Can I apply Schengen visa online?
- 8 Why is it called Schengen?
- 9 How do I get a 5 year Schengen visa?
- 10 Which is the most difficult visa to get?
- 11 Is France Visa easy to get?
- 12 Is Netherlands Visa easy to get?
- 13 Why do Schengen visas get rejected?
- 14 Is POrtugal Visa easy to get?
- 15 Is France visa a Schengen visa?
How long does it take to get a Schengen visa?
The Schengen visa processing time around the world is approximately two weeks. Still, depending on your case, your application may take longer to be processed. In specific cases, the embassies take 30 days to process a visa, whereas in extraordinary cases you will have to wait for 60 calendar days.
How much does a Schengen visa cost?
Schengen Visa Fees
|Schengen Visa Category||Fee in EUR||Fee in USD*|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||40€||45$|
|Child younger than 6 years of age||Free||Free|
|Holders of diplomatic, official or service passports traveling for official purposes||Free||Free|
Is it easy to get Schengen visa?
Lithuania is the easiest country to get a Schengen visa from, with only 1.3% of the short-term applications rejected in 2018. Unlike for countries as Germany and France, when in many countries applicants need to make an appointment several months ahead of their planned trip to Schengen.
How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
Tickets for travelling within the Schengen area (if applicable) Proof of civil status – birth certificate will suffice. Bank statement – this needs to show a minimum balance of €3000 over the last 6 months.
Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
How long does it take to receive the visa? It is advisable to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa at least 2 weeks prior to the planned trip. The Embassy Consulate will then reply in 10 working days as common (or less as usually occurs), the time taken to proceed all the documentation and the travelers request.
Is there any interview for Schengen visa?
Whenever you apply for a Schengen visa, the interview is simply a way for the diplomatic office to meet with you and understand more in depth if the information provided in the visa application form is correctly and frankly offered.
Can I apply Schengen visa online?
Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most of the countries give you the chance to book an appointment online. On the other hand, in others you will need to book the appointment in person, at the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
Why is it called Schengen?
The name “ Schengen ” comes from the small winemaking town and commune of Schengen in far southeastern Luxembourg, where France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands signed the Schengen Agreement.
How do I get a 5 year Schengen visa?
5 – year MEV is granted to people that have obtained and lawfully used a previous multiple-entry visa valid for at least two years within the previous three years. This visa permits you to enter 26 countries in Europe as many times as you wish, within five years, as soon as you do not violate the 90/180 days rule.
Which is the most difficult visa to get?
Hardest countries to get a visa
- North Korea.
- Saudi Arabia.
Is France Visa easy to get?
The process of getting a French Visa is not easy, nor quick. You can complete the application process for a France visa by following the steps listed below: Choose the right Embassy. Compile the documents file.
Is Netherlands Visa easy to get?
The Schengen tourist visa is one of the easiest visas to apply for as long as all the Netherland visa requirements for Indian citizens are taken care of. Once submitted, it could take up to 14 working days for your visa to be issued. The application form can be downloaded from here without any charge.
Why do Schengen visas get rejected?
If the applicant was or is currently involved in illegal or criminal activities, the Embassy /Consulate will reject the Schengen visa application. Such an applicant is considered a threat to the security and public wealth of the Schengen countries and hence will not be allowed to enter the Schengen area.
Is POrtugal Visa easy to get?
The easiest way to apply for a POrtugal Visa is to contact us. We are experts in the travel and tourism sector with over 40 years of experience.
Is France visa a Schengen visa?
You can apply for the France Visa since 1997 when France, as a Member of the European Union, also became a member state of the Schengen Area.