L-2 EAD required documents
- Completed Form I-765 (Application form for Employment Authorization)
- Official receipt for the filing fee ($410).
- Biometric services fee ($85) where applicable.
- Form I-797 (Approval notice of your spouse’s L-1 visa)
- A copy of your current passport.
Meer items•13 jul. 2020
- L-2 Visa Holders can apply for the EAD by filing USCIS Form I-765 along with the required supporting documents with the correct USCIS lockbox mailing address. How long is the L-2 EAD valid? The L-2 EAD is valid for two years. But you can renew it indefinitely as long as your L-2 visa remains valid.
- 1 Is EAD required for L2 visa?
- 2 When can I apply for L2 EAD?
- 3 Can L2 hold SSN without EAD?
- 4 What is L2 EAD visa?
- 5 Does L2 visa get rejected?
- 6 How long is the L2 EAD valid?
- 7 How long does it take to get L2 visa?
- 8 Can I travel while my L2 EAD application is in process?
- 9 Can L2 apply for green card?
- 10 Can an L2 visa holder apply for a SSN?
- 11 What happens after EAD is approved?
- 12 How long does it take for EAD to be approved?
- 13 What is difference between L1 and L2 visa?
- 14 Can L2 stay in US without L1?
- 15 Can L2 EAD work on W2?
Is EAD required for L2 visa?
An approved EAD is required for an L2 visa holder to work in the US. The basic steps for working on L2 visa are listed below. File for EAD card. Submit application for a Social Security Number.
When can I apply for L2 EAD?
You can apply for your new L2 EAD about 4 months before your current one expires. This will allow you and the USCIS enough time to produce the new one before your current EAD expires.
Can L2 hold SSN without EAD?
Can I also simultaneously apply for my SSN without having my EAD in hand? According to legalbeagle.com: No. “If your spouse is working in the United States under an L-1 visa, by applying for an L-2 visa, you can join him. An L-2 visa allows you to live and work in the United States at the same time as your spouse.
What is L2 EAD visa?
In other words, an L2 visa EAD allows “open market” employment authorization. An L-2 visa holder spouse can not work in the U.S. before getting the EAD approved. EAD for L2 spouse is valid up to 2 years at a time.
Does L2 visa get rejected?
Most L-2 visa applications are not rejected; however, valid L-2 visa rejection reasons include the official of the U.S Embassy believing that you are going to the U.S to support your spouse who is already there, maybe under false employment contracts.
How long is the L2 EAD valid?
L2 EADs are valid for 2 years, and can be renewed indefinitely as long as the applicant retains their valid L2 visa status. If you are a L2 spouse and plan to work in the US you should apply for an EAD immediately on arrival in the US; you should not wait until you have a job offer.
How long does it take to get L2 visa?
L2 Visa Processing Time The processing time for L2 visa may take 15 days to 1 month.
Can I travel while my L2 EAD application is in process?
Yes, you can travel while I-765 is pending.
Can L2 apply for green card?
L2 Visa to Green Card L2 visa holders are dependent on the primary L1 visa holder. They may be included in the process for adjustment of status (also known as applying for a Green Card ). Make sure your L2 visa is valid when you apply for a Green Card to prevent the necessity for advance parole.
Can an L2 visa holder apply for a SSN?
An L2 spouse may obtain a SSN with an Employment Authorization Document.
What happens after EAD is approved?
If USCIS approves your application, you will receive two documents – your Employment Authorization Document ( EAD ), also known as the “USCIS I-766 card” or “work permit”, and in another envelope your SSN card. You should receive your SSN card no later than 7 business days after you receive your EAD from USCIS.
How long does it take for EAD to be approved?
Traditional USCIS processing time has been 90 days or more, but currently processing times are exceeding 110 days. From point of approval, USCIS says it can take 30 days beyond to receive your EAD card; however, most cards arrive within 7-10 days after approval.
What is difference between L1 and L2 visa?
L1A visas are for persons who will work in a managerial or executive capacity and L1B visas are for those who will work in a capacity that involves “specialized” knowledge. In addition, certain relatives of L1 visa beneficiaries may be eligible for derivative L2 visas.
Can L2 stay in US without L1?
You can stay in L-2 status only as long as your spouse continues to maintain L-1 status. You could apply to change your status to B-2 visitor.
Can L2 EAD work on W2?
She holds an open marker EAD. She can work there freelance or on W2. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.