How to Apply for a German Short-Stay Visa?
- Find out what kind of German visa you need.
- Check where you need to apply.
- Fulfil the German short-stay visa application form.
- Collect the statutory Germany visa requirements.
- Schedule a visa interview.
- Attend the interview at the appropriate German Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
Germany Visa Application Process
- Ask the embassy for a checklist of the required documents for your visa type you wish to apply for.
- Fulfill the application form with correct information and obtain the required documents for your visa.
- Appoint an interview at the German embassy in your country of residence. The earliest you can schedule the appointment is six months prior to your trip.
- Pay the visa fee and save the receipt in order to show it later to the consular officer during the interview.
- Show up on time at the embassy for your meeting with all the required documents with you arranged in the given order.
- 1 How much is Germany visa fee?
- 2 How long does it take to get a German visa?
- 3 Is German visa easy to get?
- 4 How much is visa from Ghana to Germany?
- 5 How much bank balance is required for Germany tourist visa?
- 6 Can I visit Germany without a visa?
- 7 How can I live permanently in Germany?
- 8 What is Type D visa for Germany?
- 9 What is the hardest country to get a visa?
- 10 What are the documents required for German visa?
- 11 How can I migrate to Germany?
- 12 How do I book a German visa appointment?
- 13 Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
How much is Germany visa fee?
Since February 2020, the fee for all types of German short-stay visas, known also as the Schengen visas, is 80 euro. Germany Short-Stay Visa Fee.
|German Short-Stay Visa Category||Fee in EUR|
|Airport Transit visa||80€|
|Short stay visa (Adults)||80€|
|Children between 6-12 years of age||40€|
How long does it take to get a German visa?
How long does a German visa take? German visas take around 6– 12 weeks to be processed from the time of an interview with the German consulate. This means you need to start the process around 4–5 months ahead of travelling to Germany.
Is German visa easy to get?
Most of our customers unanimously agree that German consulate is the easiest to apply for Schengen visa among all countries. In fact, if you are applying for the tourist visa in German counter at VFS, you don’t even have to attend for the interview at the German consulate.
How much is visa from Ghana to Germany?
From 02.02. 2020, the fee for processing a visa application is 80 Euros. The visa fee is only payable in cash in Ghana Cedi at the current exchange rate of the Embassy. The processing fee is not refundable in case of denial of the visa.
How much bank balance is required for Germany tourist visa?
Bank statement – this needs to show a minimum balance of €3000 over the last 6 months. If you do not have this amount in your bank, you could show a family member’s/guardian’s statement instead, with an accompanying letter stating that they are sponsoring your travel and stay.
Can I visit Germany without a visa?
Germany is a party to the Schengen Agreement. U.S. citizens may enter Germany for up to 90 days for tourist or business purposes without a visa. Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your period of stay. This regulation is strictly enforced in Germany.
How can I live permanently in Germany?
You get the permanent EU Residence permit, if you:
- have legally lived in Germany for at least five years.
- can support yourself and your family members to make a living.
- have a sufficient command of German and basic knowledge of the legal and social system and way of life in Germany.
What is Type D visa for Germany?
National Visas (Type D) allow the visa holder to enter and stay in Germany continuously more than 90 days. National visas also allow visa holders to transit in other Schengen countries.
What is the hardest country to get a visa?
Hardest countries to get a visa
- North Korea.
- Saudi Arabia.
What are the documents required for German visa?
What Documents are Required when Applying for a German Visa?
- A visa application form.
- Two passport photos.
- Your passport/Travel document:
- Copies of your previous visas (if you have any).
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Germany Travel Health Insurance.
How can I migrate to Germany?
General Requirements for Immigration to Germany
- Prove Financial Stability.
- Have Health Insurance.
- Have at Least Basic Proficiency in German.
- Get a German Visa.
- Standard Residence Permit.
- European Union (EU) Blue Card.
- Settlement Permit or Permanent Residence Permit.
How do I book a German visa appointment?
1. Schedule an Appointment. Here you can schedule your appointment according to your place either you can book by online or by call. For submission of your Schengen visa application at your nearest Visa Application Centre, please schedule an appointment at VFS Global by telephone (022-67866013) or online.
Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
How long does it take to receive the visa? It is advisable to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa at least 2 weeks prior to the planned trip. The Embassy Consulate will then reply in 10 working days as common (or less as usually occurs), the time taken to proceed all the documentation and the travelers request.