Guidelines on How to Apply for a Schengen Visa
- Figure out which Schengen visa type you need.
- Find out where you need to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Find the most suitable time to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Book an appointment.
- Fill the Schengen visa application form.
- Gather the required documents.
- Attend the visa interview.
How long is my Schengen visa valid?
- This authorization remains valid for a maximum of 90 days over a 180 day period. It is possible to obtain a type C MULT Schengen visa with a validity period of 6 months to 5 years maximum.
Guidelines on How to Apply for a Schengen Visa
- Figure out which Schengen visa type you need
- Find out where you need to apply. By your “ destination country ”, we mean the country where you need to lodge your application, according to the Schengen rules.
- Find the most suitable time to apply. Due to the time that the Schengen embassies/consulates worldwide need to process a Schengen visa, you have an appointed period within which
- Book an appointment. Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most of the countries give you the chance to book an appointment online.
- Fill out the visa application form. Download the application form and fill it correctly and honestly.
- Gather the required documents. The required documents are a crucial part of your visa application. Usually, these documents are categorized into two groups.
- Attend the visa interview. On the day of your appointment, show up on time at the facility where you will be interviewed.
- Pay the visa fee. You will need to pay a non-refundable administration fee when applying for a Schengen visa, in order for your visa application to be processed.
- Wait for an answer on your application. Wait until you get a response on your visa application.
- 1 How much does a Schengen visa cost?
- 2 How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
- 3 How can a Filipino get a Schengen visa?
- 4 How long does it take to get a Schengen visa?
- 5 Can I apply Schengen visa online?
- 6 Can I go to UK with Schengen visa?
- 7 Is France Visa easy to get?
- 8 Why do Schengen visas get rejected?
- 9 Which Schengen country gives visa easily?
- 10 Which is the most difficult visa to get?
- 11 Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
- 12 Is Netherlands Visa easy to get?
- 13 Is there any interview for Schengen visa?
- 14 Can I have 2 Schengen visas at the same time?
- 15 How are Schengen days calculated?
How much does a Schengen visa cost?
Schengen Visa Fees
|Schengen Visa Category||Fee in EUR||Fee in USD*|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||40€||45$|
|Child younger than 6 years of age||Free||Free|
|Holders of diplomatic, official or service passports traveling for official purposes||Free||Free|
How much bank balance is required for Schengen visa?
Tickets for travelling within the Schengen area (if applicable) Proof of civil status – birth certificate will suffice. Bank statement – this needs to show a minimum balance of €3000 over the last 6 months.
How can a Filipino get a Schengen visa?
To apply for a Schengen visa in Philippines, you need to submit the following documents:
- Visa application form.
- A Philippine valid passport or other travel document.
- Two identical photos.
- Evidence of legal residence in Philippines.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary.
- Europe Travel Health Insurance.
- Proof of Accommodation.
How long does it take to get a Schengen visa?
The Schengen visa processing time around the world is approximately two weeks. Still, depending on your case, your application may take longer to be processed. In specific cases, the embassies take 30 days to process a visa, whereas in extraordinary cases you will have to wait for 60 calendar days.
Can I apply Schengen visa online?
Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most of the countries give you the chance to book an appointment online. On the other hand, in others you will need to book the appointment in person, at the embassy or consulate of your destination country.
Can I go to UK with Schengen visa?
No. The United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen zone and therefore you are not allowed to enter the UK with a Schengen visa. UK residents might need to apply for a Schengen visa if they want to travel from the UK to other countries in the EU.
Is France Visa easy to get?
The process of getting a French Visa is not easy, nor quick. You can complete the application process for a France visa by following the steps listed below: Choose the right Embassy. Compile the documents file.
Why do Schengen visas get rejected?
If the applicant was or is currently involved in illegal or criminal activities, the Embassy /Consulate will reject the Schengen visa application. Such an applicant is considered a threat to the security and public wealth of the Schengen countries and hence will not be allowed to enter the Schengen area.
Which Schengen country gives visa easily?
In general, Lithuania is the easiest country to obtain a Schengen Visa from, with officials granting 98.7% of applications. The nation also receives fewer applications than countries such as Germany or France, as they are extremely popular with tourists and business travellers.
Which is the most difficult visa to get?
Hardest countries to get a visa
- North Korea.
- Saudi Arabia.
Can I get Schengen visa in 1 day?
How long does it take to receive the visa? It is advisable to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa at least 2 weeks prior to the planned trip. The Embassy Consulate will then reply in 10 working days as common (or less as usually occurs), the time taken to proceed all the documentation and the travelers request.
Is Netherlands Visa easy to get?
The Schengen tourist visa is one of the easiest visas to apply for as long as all the Netherland visa requirements for Indian citizens are taken care of. Once submitted, it could take up to 14 working days for your visa to be issued. The application form can be downloaded from here without any charge.
Is there any interview for Schengen visa?
Whenever you apply for a Schengen visa, the interview is simply a way for the diplomatic office to meet with you and understand more in depth if the information provided in the visa application form is correctly and frankly offered.
Can I have 2 Schengen visas at the same time?
Schengen visas allow to make one-entry, two -entries or multi-entries. With one-entry visa you can travel the Schengen area only once. It is indicated in your visa as “01”. With two -entries or multi-entries you can respectively travel to the Schengen area twice or several times during the visa validity period.
How are Schengen days calculated?
The 180- day period keeps rolling. Therefore, anytime you wish to enter the Schengen, you just have to count backwards the last 180 days, and see if you have been present in the Schengen for more than 90 days throughout that period.