You can buy prepaid cards at retail locations (such as grocery stores and drug stores), online, over the phone, or from some banks and credit unions. If you buy the card online, you may then be issued a virtual card, or you may receive a physical card in the mail at a later time.1 apr. 2019
Is it possible to pay with a Visa prepaid card?
- The all-purpose Visa Prepaid card is a prepaid card that you can use to withdraw cash, pay bills or make purchases anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted, in-person or online. Access your money faster with direct deposit of paychecks, tax refunds, government checks and other recurring checks.
Purchase a card at a financial services center or currency exchange. You can find prepaid cards at many banks, credit unions, check cashing stores, and currency exchanges. As with retail stores, some location might not accept credit cards as a form of payment, though this is rare.
- 1 How much does a prepaid Visa card cost?
- 2 How do I purchase a Visa gift card?
- 3 Can you purchase a prepaid Visa online?
- 4 Where do you get prepaid credit cards?
- 5 Does Walmart sell prepaid Visa cards?
- 6 Does Family Dollar have prepaid Visa cards?
- 7 Who pays the activation fee on a Visa gift card?
- 8 Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
- 9 Is there a monthly fee for Visa gift cards?
- 10 Do prepaid Visa cards expire?
- 11 How do you put money on a prepaid card?
- 12 Is there a fee for prepaid credit cards?
- 13 Do banks offer prepaid credit cards?
- 14 Does shoppers sell prepaid credit cards?
How much does a prepaid Visa card cost?
Prepaid debit cards vary in costs. Some are free, some charge upfront fees, and others charge monthly fees. You can typically expect to pay from $1 to $9.95 for the upfront card purchase fee.
How do I purchase a Visa gift card?
Visa Gift Cards are Sold in Stores Walk into any major grocery store, drug store or gas station and you will likely find a rack of gift cards. Among the cards for stores and restaurants, you’ll also see general purpose gift cards powered by major credit card companies.
Can you purchase a prepaid Visa online?
Dundle in Canada Prepaid cards for shopping, gaming or making secure payments online are all easily available. No matter the time and any day of the week.
Where do you get prepaid credit cards?
Canada Post and other non-financial institutions offer these prepaid debit cards (both prepaid Visa & Mastercard are available) without a bank account or credit check. Just bring your valid government-issued photo ID to a Canada Post branch and buy the card for $15. Reloads are only $3.
Does Walmart sell prepaid Visa cards?
The Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable prepaid debit card that you can use to make electronic purchases everywhere MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted. If you have an Apple or Android smartphone, you can download the Walmart MoneyCard App to track the activity on your prepaid card.
Does Family Dollar have prepaid Visa cards?
(Nasdaq:NTSP) announced today that it has entered into a distribution agreement to sell the NetSpend Visa ® Prepaid Debit Card at Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FDO) locations nationwide. Family Dollar and NetSpend plan to make the prepaid cards available in more than 7,200 locations beginning this month.
Who pays the activation fee on a Visa gift card?
A prepaid Visa activation fee is a fee that is charged to the buyer of the prepaid card to put value onto the card. It occurs when you first purchase the card. At grocery stores, it is typically a $4.95 fee on top of the amount on the gift cards.
Why is my Visa gift card being declined?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. When the gift card is loaded with value (purchased), the gift card is automatically activated.
Is there a monthly fee for Visa gift cards?
Problem #1: Fees The fees don’t stop there. Some Visa gift cards have monthly maintenance fees after a year of inactivity, so you want to read the fine print to look for cards that say there are “no fees after purchase.” Some banks, including U.S. Bank and TD Bank also sell Visa gift cards to their customers.
Do prepaid Visa cards expire?
Yes, they do. You will need to be reissued a card after it expires. Funds on the cards don’t expire, though.
How do you put money on a prepaid card?
How do I add money to my prepaid card?
- Arrange for a paycheck or other regular payment to be directly deposited onto the card.
- Transfer money from a checking account or another prepaid card.
- Buy a “reload pack” to add a certain amount to your card.
- Add funds at certain retail locations or at the financial institution that provides the card.
Is there a fee for prepaid credit cards?
Monthly fee The fee is automatically deducted from your account balance. For example, some prepaid cards waive the monthly fee if you have your pay or benefits directly deposited into your prepaid account. If you use your card frequently, a monthly fee may be cheaper for you than paying a fee for each transaction.
Do banks offer prepaid credit cards?
You can buy a prepaid debit card from a retailer, bank, credit card company or other financial services provider. When you purchase one, your card funds are usually part of an account held by a bank or credit union. Prepaid card companies usually offer several ways to load funds onto a card.
Does shoppers sell prepaid credit cards?
Visit a Shoppers Drug Mart near you for a variety of gift cards. We cover prepaid credit cards, phone cards, restaurants, electronics, corporate and more.