The Visa Gift card carries the Visa logo like any other Visa card, so it can be used at the millions of places that accept Visa cards, including online. As with a credit card, when you are ready to pay, simply hand the card to the merchant and sign the purchase receipt.
What stores accept Visa gift cards?
- Visa gift cards are sold at major retailers like Walmart, Amazon and other stores with gift card displays — grocery stores, convenience stores, drug stores, etc.
How to Use a Visa Gift Card Online
- Activate Your Card. A Visa card from a retail outlet is activated at the cash register, and you’ll receive the activation slip.
- Register Your Card. To register your card for online use, locate the issuer’s 800 number or web address.
- Use Your Card Online. At checkout you’ll be given a variety of payment options.
- Make a Partial Payment.
- 1 How does a Visa gift card work?
- 2 How do I use my Visa gift card for the first time?
- 3 How do you activate a visa gift card?
- 4 Do Visa gift cards have a pin?
- 5 How can I get cash from a Visa gift card?
- 6 Is there a fee when you purchase a Visa gift card?
- 7 Why can’t I use my Visa gift card online?
- 8 How do I pay with a Visa gift card online?
- 9 How do you use a Visa Vanilla Gift Card?
- 10 Where is the pin on a Visa gift card?
- 11 Do you need to activate Visa gift card?
- 12 Where is the 4 digit PIN number on a gift card?
- 13 Where is the 25 digit code on a Visa gift card?
- 14 What is the pin on a Walmart Visa Gift Card?
How does a Visa gift card work?
A Visa gift card is a non-reloadable, prepaid debit card. Once it’s activated, the card works just like cash. The cardholder can use it to shop or make a one-time bill payment anywhere that accepts Visa for as long as a balance remains. The gift cards are available at banks and retail stores.
How do I use my Visa gift card for the first time?
When you buy a gift card at the store (whether it is a retailer, restaurant, Visa or Mastercard gift card ), you take the gift card to the cash register and ask the cashier to load money onto the card. The cashier takes the card, activates it and loads the dollar amount requested onto the card.
How do you activate a visa gift card?
Activating Your Card Online. Visit the activation link listed on the sticker on front of your card. If you don’t feel like making a phone call, you can usually activate your gift card online. There should be an activation link listed either on back of your card or on the sticker on the front of your card.
Do Visa gift cards have a pin?
Your Visa ® Gift Card is a prepaid Visa card that can be used for purchases at merchants worldwide that accept Visa Debit Cards. The debit option requires a PIN to work. The card does not come with a preset PIN, so you will need to set one prior to making the purchase for the debit option to work.
How can I get cash from a Visa gift card?
How to convert Visa gift cards to cash
- Use your Visa gift card to buy other merchants’ gift cards.
- Add it to your PayPal wallet.
- Add it to your Venmo account.
- Pay your bills with your Visa gift card.
- Go to a Gift Card Exchange Kiosk to trade it in.
- Sell your Visa gift card through an app.
- Convert your Visa gift card to cash by selling it to a website.
Is there a fee when you purchase a Visa gift card?
Do All Visa Gift Cards Have A Fee Yes; the fee is based on the gift card’s value. Gift card values from $10.00 to $74.99 have a $2.95 fee. Gift card values from $75.00 to $149.99 have a $3.95 fee.
Why can’t I use my Visa gift card online?
Visa gift cards are linked to bank accounts that generally must be activated in order to receive transactions. Inactive cards will be declined if used for payment because the associated bank accounts are not ready to be used. The same is true for Visa gift cards, whether you buy them online or at the store.
How do I pay with a Visa gift card online?
How do I use my Visa Gift Card online? You can use your card for online purchases by entering the card number, expiry date and the 3 digit code (CVV) found on the back of the card. Occasionally websites will ask for the name on the card, in these instances simply insert “ Gift Card ” in the field provided.
How do you use a Visa Vanilla Gift Card?
How do I use my Vanilla Gift Card? Simply present your Card at the time of payment. Press “credit” on the keypad and sign the receipt. As you use your Card, the balance is reduced by the full amount of each purchase including taxes, charges, and other fees, if any.
Where is the pin on a Visa gift card?
Since 2013, Visa and Mastercard gift cards began utilizing PIN numbers. These numbers are not located on the card. Instead, customers must call the number on the back of the card to use the automated system to enter the card’s 16-digit card number.
Do you need to activate Visa gift card?
Do I need to activate my Visa Gift card? Many Visa Gift cards are activated automatically upon purchase and may be used immediately. However, some Visa Gift cards must be activated by the recipient before they can be used. Be sure to sign in the designated area on the back before making your first purchase.
Where is the 4 digit PIN number on a gift card?
The 4 digit PIN number can be found on the back of the Gift Card underneath the scratch off panel or printed on the E- Gift Card.
Where is the 25 digit code on a Visa gift card?
Where Do I Find My Gift Code. Similar to a credit card, the gift codes on Visa and MasterCard gift cards are located on the front. Store gift cards including Target, Starbucks and Dairy Queen are usually found on the back.
What is the pin on a Walmart Visa Gift Card?
Does my Walmart Visa Gift Card have a PIN number? If the Walmart Visa Gift Card was purchased after April 1st, 2013, your PIN is the last four digits of your Card number.