The First Step: Filing the Petition
- You, the U.S. citizen sponsor, must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live.
- After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC).
How long is the K1 visa valid for?
- How Long is the K1 Visa Valid? The K1 visa is valid for 4 months but you can extend for up to 6 months. Despite the fact that the K1 visa might be valid for this length, the couple is expected to be married within 90 days of the foreign citizen’s entrance in the US.
- 1 Where do I send my i-129F application?
- 2 How do I file a k1 visa?
- 3 Can you file k1 visa online?
- 4 How do I apply for a US fiance visa?
- 5 How much does a K-1 visa cost?
- 6 How much does it cost to file I-129F?
- 7 Can my fiance visit while waiting for K1 visa?
- 8 Can I visit the US while waiting for K1 visa?
- 9 What is faster fiance or marriage visa?
- 10 How long does K1 visa take 2020?
- 11 What percentage of fiance visas are approved?
- 12 What do I need to bring to my K1 visa interview?
- 13 How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
- 14 Can a fiance visa be denied?
- 15 Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
Where do I send my i-129F application?
Form I- 129F petitions filed by a U.S. citizen on behalf of a fiancé(e) or spouse must be submitted to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox.
How do I file a k1 visa?
How do you apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa?
- Step 1: File Form I-129F.
- Step 2: File Form DS-160.
- Step 3: Attend your visa interview and pay the visa fee.
- Step 4: Come to the U.S. and get married!
Can you file k1 visa online?
All K visa applicants are required to complete the online paperless DS-160 (Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application ). K visa petitioners will continue to use the I-129F (PDF 484KB) petition form.
How do I apply for a US fiance visa?
5 Requirements to Qualify for a K-1 Fiancé Visa
- You (the sponsor) are a US citizen. Only US citizens may petition for a fiance visa.
- You have intent to marry. You must prove that you intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States.
- You’re both legally free to marry.
- You’ve physically met in person.
- You have enough income.
How much does a K-1 visa cost?
Fiancé visa cost: $2,025 The U.S. citizen partner completes the appropriate government form (I-129F – “petition for a K-1 Visa”), and mails it to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with the $535 filing fee.
How much does it cost to file I-129F?
The government’s required fee for Form I-129F is $535. After the form and supporting documents are filed at the appropriate address, USCIS will typically send a receipt notice within 30 days.
Can my fiance visit while waiting for K1 visa?
You cannot reside in the United States on a B-2 tourist visa or on the Visa Waiver Program while waiting on a K1 fiancé visa or K3 spousal visa. However, you can make a temporary visit on those visas.
Can I visit the US while waiting for K1 visa?
Visiting After Receiving a K-1 Visa Once your I-129F is approved and you receive a K-1 visa, you won’t be able to come on temporary visits to the United States.
What is faster fiance or marriage visa?
If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé (e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage -based visa will be quicker.
How long does K1 visa take 2020?
If you and your fiancé meet all K1 visa requirements, your application will likely be approved. The estimated timeframe to obtain an approval if you choose the K1 visa route depends on USCIS processing timelines. Nonetheless, as a very general estimate, it can take approximately 6-9 months for a decision.
What percentage of fiance visas are approved?
According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), around 90 percent of fiancé visas were approved in 2016. In 2017, when President Donald Trump took office, the percentage of approved fiancé visas dropped to around 66 percent.
What do I need to bring to my K1 visa interview?
When you attend the K-1 visa interview, it’s recommended that you take the following documents with you:
- DS-160 Confirmation.
- Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé
- Form I-797, Notice of Action (petition approval notice)
- Valid passport.
- Medical Examination.
- Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.
- Passport-style photos.
How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé (e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Can a fiance visa be denied?
Having Your Fiancé (e) Visa Denied is Common This is because it is a visa category that is at high risk of fraud. Some experts cite a wide range of reasons for rejections. Furthermore, it is important to note that, on appeal, most denials are reversed, with only 40% of appeals being unsuccessful.
Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
No, you don’t need to show an engagement ring for you to be able to file a K1 visa petition for you fiance – You, however, need to show your intent to get married within 90 days of her admission into the United States.