The class name can’t contain a space, but it can contain hyphens or underscores. Any tag can have multiple space-separated class names.
- 1 Can CSS ids have spaces?
- 2 Can a class have spaces?
- 3 How should CSS classes be named?
- 4 Is it correct syntax to use spaces in CSS property names?
- 5 Can id names have spaces?
- 6 How do you choose a class with space?
- 7 What does space in class name mean HTML?
- 8 How do I identify a class in CSS?
- 9 Can CSS classes have numbers?
- 10 Should CSS classes be Camelcase?
- 11 What is the format for naming classes?
- 12 How do you give a class name?
- 13 How do you make a space in CSS?
- 14 How do you put a space between text in CSS?
- 15 How do you put a space between letters in CSS?
Can CSS ids have spaces?
ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and may be followed by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens (“-“), underscores (“_”), colons (“:”), and periods (“.”). As you can see, spaces are not valid.
Can a class have spaces?
A class name can’t have spaces. When you have a space-separated string in your class attribute, you’re always giving your element several classes.
How should CSS classes be named?
How to name css classes
- Before to think about class name, choose a good name for HTML elements.
- Put the class name at the lowest possible level.
- Use content to find a name.
- Don’t use content, if the picture speaks louder.
- Try -like suffix for better reuse.
- Don’t use camelCase.
- Try BEM.
- Try more uglier.
Is it correct syntax to use spaces in CSS property names?
3 Answers. It recognizes the space as new class name so use. instead of space in css. However, it doesn’t matter whether the space is HTML-escaped or not for the above statement to apply.
Can id names have spaces?
id ‘s value must not contain whitespace (spaces, tabs etc.). Browsers treat non-conforming IDs that contain whitespace as if the whitespace is part of the ID.
How do you choose a class with space?
They are called multiple class selectors. You basically just need to make sure all the class names are connected (no spaces between them) and separated with a dot. Classes will never actually have spaces in their name. In your example, that is actually two classes; boolean and optional.
What does space in class name mean HTML?
this attribute assigns a class name or set of class names to an element. Any number of elements may be assigned the same class name or names. Multiple class names must be separated by white space characters.
How do I identify a class in CSS?
To select elements with a specific class, write a period (.) character, followed by the name of the class. You can also specify that only specific HTML elements should be affected by a class. To do this, start with the element name, then write the period (.)
Can CSS classes have numbers?
A valid name should start with an underscore (_), a hyphen (-) or a letter (a-z)/(A-Z) which is followed by any numbers, hyphens, underscores, letters. It cannot start with a digit, starting with the digit is acceptable by HTML5 but not acceptable by CSS. Two hyphens followed by a number is valid.
Should CSS classes be Camelcase?
However, as a matter of convention, hyphens are generally used instead of camel case. Yes, class names are case sensitive, so that works fine. Therefore you should avoid using both the upper and lower case variations of the same name.
What is the format for naming classes?
Class names should be nouns, in mixed case with the first letter of each internal word capitalized. Try to keep your class names simple and descriptive. Use whole words-avoid acronyms and abbreviations (unless the abbreviation is much more widely used than the long form, such as URL or HTML).
How do you give a class name?
- Using. className property: This property is used to add a class name to the selected element. Syntax: Hey geek!
- Using. add() method: This method is used to add a class name to the selected element. Syntax: element.
How do you make a space in CSS?
CSS text-indent For example, to add an indent of 4 spaces, apply the rule text-indent: 4em; to the element. You can also use a different length unit like px or cm, or set the indent as a percentage of the page width: HTML.
How do you put a space between text in CSS?
Use the line-height property in CSS to do so. Browsers by default will create a certain amount of space between lines to ensure that the text is easily readable. For example, for 12-point type, a browser will place about 1 point of vertical space between lines.
How do you put a space between letters in CSS?
Defines the spacing between the characters of a block of text.
- default letter-spacing: normal; The spacing between the characters is normal.
- letter-spacing: 2px; You can use pixel values.
- letter-spacing: 0.1em; You can use em values: this allows the spacing to remain relative to the font-size.