To be a married applicant:
- you and your spouse must both be committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others.
- your relationship with your spouse must be genuine and continuing.
- you must live with your spouse or do not live apart on a permanent basis.
- your marriage must be valid under Australian law.
- 1 What documents are required for spouse visa in Australia?
- 2 How long does it take to get a spouse visa for Australia?
- 3 Which documents are required for spouse visa?
- 4 How much does a spouse visa cost in Australia?
- 5 How long is the process for spouse visa?
- 6 How can I bring my wife to Australia?
- 7 How much savings do you need for spouse visa?
- 8 What percentage of spouse visas are approved?
- 9 How much money do I need to sponsor my spouse?
- 10 What questions are asked in a spouse visa interview?
- 11 What do I need to sponsor my spouse?
- 12 How can I prove my marriage without a certificate?
- 13 Can I apply partner visa before marriage?
- 14 Is it hard to get a partner visa in Australia?
- 15 Can I stay in Australia while waiting for partner visa?
What documents are required for spouse visa in Australia?
b. Required Personal Documents
- Birth certificate;
- Australian passport;
- Foreign passport with evidence of permanent residency;
- Australian citizenship certificate;
- Proof of length residence in Australia and continuing links with Australia (for NZ citizen).
How long does it take to get a spouse visa for Australia?
The Department of Home Affairs’ current processing time for partner visa applications is between 17 to 21 months.
Which documents are required for spouse visa?
What documents do you need to apply for a spouse visa?
- Wedding certificate.
- Photographs of passport size.
- Valid Passport.
- Photographs demonstrating the authenticity of a relationship like family photographs etc.
- Joint housing bills.
- Joint statements of bank account.
How much does a spouse visa cost in Australia?
Partner visa (Temporary) From AUD7,850 for most applicants. From AUD1,310 for Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) holders. You pay for the temporary and the permanent visa at the same time.
How long is the process for spouse visa?
Spouse Visa Processing Time Visa processing usually takes around 3-5 months. If you are a permanent resident, you must wait for a visa to become available for your spouse, based on their priority date. This can vary depending on the spouse’s home country, but the typical time is around 24 months.
How can I bring my wife to Australia?
If you are seeking to bring your wife to Australia on a genuine partner visa, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, and you must be approved as a sponsor. Other requirements including health and character criteria, also apply.
How much savings do you need for spouse visa?
To qualify for a spouse or partner visa by meeting the financial requirement on cash savings only, you need savings of at least £62,500. If you have less than £62,500 it may still be possible to use a combination of cash and income to meet the financial requirement, provided that the cash savings are over £16,000.
What percentage of spouse visas are approved?
The first deals with the initial step in the process, the petition. In FY 2016, USCIS approved 90.5 percent of the petitions it received; then in FY 2017, which was mostly under the Trump administration, that figure fell to 66.2 percent.
How much money do I need to sponsor my spouse?
The most common minimum annual income required to sponsor a spouse or family member for a green card is $21,775. This assumes that the sponsor — the U.S. citizen or current green card holder — is not in active military duty and is sponsoring only one relative.
What questions are asked in a spouse visa interview?
70 Spousal Visa Interview Questions
- What is your spouse’s name?
- What are your spouse’s hobbies & interests?
- What make/model/color is your spouse’s car?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What does your spouse do for a living?
- What is your spouse’s salary?
- What do you do for a living?
What do I need to sponsor my spouse?
How to Bring your Spouse to the United States. File Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, at the same time. See form instructions for more information. File Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
How can I prove my marriage without a certificate?
Such indirect evidence would include personal letters and emails, phone records, residential records, travel records, joint family photographs, joint business records, and other proof that the couple shared the same household or resources.
Can I apply partner visa before marriage?
It is that you lodge your partner visa application before your intended marriage and pay the government’s $6,865 visa application charge at the time you apply for the visa. Then, for whatever reason, your marriage doesn’t go ahead or doesn’t go ahead within the 12 month average processing time for the visa.
Is it hard to get a partner visa in Australia?
At almost $7,000, Australian partnership visas are among the most expensive in the world. “It’s not just the application fee, you also have to factor in health examinations, police checks in Australia and any countries you’ve lived in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years – which can sometimes be tricky.
Can I stay in Australia while waiting for partner visa?
If you are waiting for the decision on a substantive or permanent visa and want to visit Australia to see a partner or holiday you can. You must intend to stay only temporarily in Australia. If you are not a genuine visitor your visa may be cancelled.