What to bring to the Interview
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
- 1 Do we need original documents for US visa interview?
- 2 What document should I bring to a US b1 B2 visa interview?
- 3 What do I need to bring to my B2 visa interview?
- 4 What should I wear to an interview at the US Embassy?
- 5 Are US embassies open for visa interviews?
- 6 How long does visa interview take?
- 7 Can I wear jeans for US visa interview?
- 8 What should I not bring to a US visa interview?
- 9 Can I get US visa without interview?
- 10 How much is B2 visa fee?
- 11 Can you get married on a B2 visa?
- 12 Do you need affidavit of support for B2 visa?
- 13 Is visa interview hard?
- 14 How do I pass my US visa interview?
- 15 Can I bring my phone to US embassy?
Do we need original documents for US visa interview?
During the interview appointment, ONLY bring the documents listed below: Valid passport/s + old passport with a U.S. visa (if applicable) Print-out of Form DS-260 confirmation page. Original civil documents.
What document should I bring to a US b1 B2 visa interview?
While applying for a B2 visa, applicants have to bring the following documents along with them to the Consulate or Embassy when they come for their visa interview: Valid Passport (current and old passports). DS-160 form confirmation page. Application fee payment receipt.
What do I need to bring to my B2 visa interview?
Compile your B2 Visa document file
- Valid passport.
- A photograph that complies with the requirements and guidelines.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- Receipt of paid visa fees.
- Interview confirmation page.
- A letter which describes the purpose of your trip.
- Proof of financial means.
- Ties to your home country.
What should I wear to an interview at the US Embassy?
The US Embassy doesn’t impose any dress code to US visa applicants but that doesn’t mean you can go to your interview wearing anything you like. Just treat it as your usual job interview. No need to wear suits or formal attire but don’t go there with a simple T-shirt and short either. Smart casual is enough.
Are US embassies open for visa interviews?
As restrictions start to ease, most U.S. embassies and consulates have resumed certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments.
How long does visa interview take?
Visa interviews typically last between 3-5 minutes. This is a conversation and not a document review.
Can I wear jeans for US visa interview?
Just make sure your clothes are clean and tidy and you’ll do fine. Jeans/khakis and a polo shirt would be my recommendation as a jumping off point for both male and female visa applicants, but T-shirts are also fine, as are maxi dresses, Hawaiian shirts, etc.
What should I not bring to a US visa interview?
Prohibited Items: You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Consulate with any of the following: phones, electronics, food, liquids, weapons, sharp objects, luggage, bags, or purses. Only application-related papers carried by hand will be permitted. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
Can I get US visa without interview?
You may be eligible to apply for a U.S. visa without an interview based on your age, or if you are renewing a prior U.S. visa. You must not have not been previously refused a U.S. visa or denied entry into the United States.
How much is B2 visa fee?
Cost of a B2 Visa The application fee for the U.S. B2 tourist visa is $160 – not including the potential insurance fees. There are also cases when you might not be required to pay at all – such as when you are working for the U.S. government or are visiting because of a charitable event.
Can you get married on a B2 visa?
The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. In fact, you are even allowed to come to the US as a visitor with the sole intention of getting married.
Do you need affidavit of support for B2 visa?
Affidavit of Support Could Harm B-1/B-2 Application Since finance is an important part of this process, we do not recommend that a family member or friend submit an affidavit of support for a B-1/B-2 visa applicant unless a U.S. consular specifically requests a Form I-134.
Is visa interview hard?
The visa interview; the final phase of the higher education process, is as important as the other parts of the higher education process. While getting a visa is not very difficult, you will increase your chances of obtaining a visa, if you are prepared.
How do I pass my US visa interview?
The tips below are intended to help you prepare for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in your home country.
- Ties to Home Country.
- Speak for Yourself.
- Know the Program and How it Fits Your Career Plans.
- Be Concise.
- Supplemental Documentation.
- Not All Countries Are Equal.
Can I bring my phone to US embassy?
For security reasons, visa applicants and American Citizen Services customers are not allowed to bring any luggage, bags, cell phones, other electronic devices, or any items that are not relevant to your business with us (with the exception of one small purse, backpack, briefcase or items to care for babies).