Documents Required for an E3 Visa
- Your current valid passport.
- The formal offer of employment from your employer which must be addressed to you, signed on the company’s letterhead, and must include a job description specific to your job role.
- A copy of LCA filed by your employer.
- A printed VisaPoint confirmation.
- 1 How do I get an E-3 visa?
- 2 How much does E-3 visa cost?
- 3 How long does it take to get an E-3 visa?
- 4 Who pays for E-3 visa?
- 5 Is an E-3 visa a permanent resident?
- 6 Can E3 get green card?
- 7 Does E3 require sponsorship?
- 8 Is E-3 visa suspended?
- 9 Do you need a degree for E-3 visa?
- 10 Can I work part time on an E-3 visa?
- 11 Can you study on E-3 visa?
- 12 Can an Australian PR apply for E3 visa?
- 13 How do you explain E3 visa?
- 14 Can I apply for an E3 visa outside of Australia?
How do I get an E-3 visa?
What are the requirements for an E-3 visa?
- You must be an Australian citizen and holding a valid Australian passport.
- You must have a job offer from a U.S. employer.
- As the applicant, you must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalency based on professional experience.
How much does E-3 visa cost?
The E-3 Visa costs $205 USD when applied for via a U.S. consulate abroad. If approved without administrative processing, Australians can have their E-3 Visas in their passports within 3-5 business days of attending their appointment.
How long does it take to get an E-3 visa?
Under regular USCIS processing times, a Form I-129 application requesting E-3 visa classification or extension could take upwards of four to six months or longer to process.
Who pays for E-3 visa?
If the USCIS Form I-129 is filed to extend or change to E-3 status, the fee is $460 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The hiring department is responsible for the fees on behalf of the foreign beneficiary.
Is an E-3 visa a permanent resident?
The E-3 visa does not allow visa holders to become eligible for the US Green Card. If your plan is to obtain a Green Card, you will need to apply under a route which offers a path to US permanent residence.
Can E3 get green card?
Due to the fact that the E-3 visa does not tolerate immigrant intent or dual intent, many E-3 individuals have the mistaken belief that they cannot pursue a green card while on an E-3 visa. The fact is an E-3 visa holder can pursue a green card under the right circumstances.
Does E3 require sponsorship?
The E-3 visa requires sponsorship from a U.S. employer (or “petitioner”). It is very similar to the H-1B visa in terms of eligibility requirements. It is also subject to a numerical limit of 10,500 E-3 visas per fiscal year.
Is E-3 visa suspended?
E-3 visas are not subject to Trump employment visa ban – bans implemented by the Trump administration on employment-based visas including the H-1B and L-1 will remain in place until March 2021. The E-3 visa was not banned.
Do you need a degree for E-3 visa?
E-3 non-immigrant visas provide for admission of professionals from the Commonwealth of Australia who enter the United States to work for a U.S. employer in a specialty occupation – one that requires the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and the attainment of at least a
Can I work part time on an E-3 visa?
You may apply for an E-3 visa for a full-time position or a part-time position. Generally speaking, any position requiring less than 35 hours per week would be considered a part-time position.
Can you study on E-3 visa?
When you go to the US with an E3 visa, you are allowed to bring your dependents with you. Dependents of E3 visa holders are allowed to study in the US, and spouses are also allowed to work. Spouses can start employment by getting an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
Can an Australian PR apply for E3 visa?
The E-3 visa is only available to Australian citizens or nationals, Australian permanent residents are not eligible for the E-3 visa. You must have an Australian passport at the time of your E-3 visa interview.
How do you explain E3 visa?
E3 visas enable the holder to stay in the USA for two years, with no limit to the number of additional two-year extensions (in most cases). The holder’s spouse and dependent children (who must be unmarried and under the age of 21) may also accompany them with an E3-D dependent’s visa.
Can I apply for an E3 visa outside of Australia?
Yes. You can apply at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate which processes nonimmigrant petition-based visas, but you cannot apply from within the U.S. A list of U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide can be found on usembassy.state.gov.