Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. You must schedule an appointment for that interview, either online using this website or through the call center.
- 1 How do I schedule my US visa interview?
- 2 How can I check availability of US visa interview slots?
- 3 Is US embassy scheduled for visa interview?
- 4 How can I get early US visa appointment?
- 5 How long it takes to schedule a visa interview?
- 6 How do I schedule an appointment?
- 7 What is the best time to book US visa appointment?
- 8 Is US embassy issuing tourist visa?
- 9 Is US visa stamping open?
- 10 How can I get DS 160?
- 11 Are US visas being issued?
- 12 How do I get an emergency visa appointment?
- 13 How Long Does US visa appointment take?
- 14 What is the easiest US visa to get?
How do I schedule my US visa interview?
How to Book Your Visa Interview at the Embassy
- Step 1: Complete the DS-160 form online! (
- Step 2 – Find the embassy nearest to you!
- Step 3 – Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Step 4 – Schedule your visa appointment!
- Step 5 – Attend Your Visa Interview.
- Step 6 – Pick up your passport with visa.
How can I check availability of US visa interview slots?
Now go to VFS website, vfs-usa.co.in and click on “Click here for an estimate of current availability of visa interview appointments”. Select the suitable options and fill in the Code as seen and Click on Continue. If you need an emergency appointment, you need to take a Emergency Appointment slot.
Is US embassy scheduled for visa interview?
Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for an appointment at the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You must schedule the VAC appointment at least one day before the interview appointment date.
How can I get early US visa appointment?
For such travel, please schedule regular visa appointment well in advance.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule an appointment online for the earliest available date.
- If the Embassy approves your request then you will receive an email alerting you to schedule your expedited appointment online.
How long it takes to schedule a visa interview?
The length of the visa appointment wait times can vary from case to case. The seasonal workload and number of pending applicants also influence the estimated wait time. But the majority of the wait times fall somewhere between 60 to 120 days, or even longer.
How do I schedule an appointment?
You should make an appointment by calling or by email. Do not try to make appointments by text, unless you are simply asking a good friend if they would like to have lunch. When making an appointment you should give the person your name and the reason for wanting an appointment.
What is the best time to book US visa appointment?
We strongly recommend that applicants begin the application process approximately three months before the scheduled travel date, as appointments are usually filled 1-2 months in advance. Besides, visa applications are now subject to a higher degree of scrutiny than in the past.
Is US embassy issuing tourist visa?
Limited routine work and student visas services have resumed. Tourist visa services remain suspended although emergency appointments are available.
Is US visa stamping open?
Immigrant Visa Stamping: On Feb 24, 2021 President Biden lifted the Immigrant Visa Ban. All US Consulates are working on phased resumption. US Embassy in India updated that they have resumed processing of Immigrant Visas. Check timeline for the update from US Embassy website.
How can I get DS 160?
Where can I find the DS-160? Access the DS-160 here, by clicking: Consular Electronic Application Center website. You may wish to preview a sample DS-160 (10.1MB) before beginning.
Are US visas being issued?
We have now begun to process visa applications in all immigrant and fiancé(e) visa categories. However, appointments remain extremely limited as a result of the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
How do I get an emergency visa appointment?
You can read How to apply for US Visa to get an idea of the general US visa process.
- Step 1 – Complete DS-160.
- Step 2 – Register at USTravelDocs Website, Pay Fee.
- Step 3 – Schedule Regular Visa Appointment.
- Step 4 – Create Emergency Request for Appointment.
- Step 5 – Emergency Request Approval, Email.
How Long Does US visa appointment take?
Although visa processing time is typically seven to ten working days, processing time for specific cases may vary due to individual circumstances and other special requirements.
What is the easiest US visa to get?
For many, a “B” visitor visa is the easiest and most appropriate one to get. (See 8 U.S. Code §? 1101.) The B visa a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2).