Nothing more than visiting the Gift Card Mall website (link) and clicking the Update Card PIN button will suffice. On the back of your gift card, enter the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. You are now free to construct whatever four-digit PIN you like.
How to Put a PIN on a Gift Card Using a Visa or MasterCard
- Toll-free number: 1-866-952-5653
- To switch between English and Spanish, press 1 or 2.
- All additional inquiries should be directed to the number 2
- Specify the 16-digit card number, which should be preceded by the # symbol.
- Enter the last three numbers written on the signature panel, followed by the number symbol (#), as seen below:
- To modify (or create) your PIN, press 3 on your keyboard.
Where is the pin number on a Visa gift card?
Since 2013, Visa and Mastercard gift cards have been issued using PIN numbers instead of barcodes. These are not the numbers that are printed on the card. As an alternative, clients must dial the number on the back of the card in order to utilize the automated system to enter the card’s 16-digit identification number.
Do MasterCard gift cards come with a pin?
Gift cards from Mastercard and Visa normally do not have a PIN, and the majority of Visa gift cards do not as well. Whenever a Visa gift card is issued with a PIN, it is either the final four digits of the card number or a personal PIN that the cardholder has set up for himself or herself to use.
How do I use a Visa gift card?
It works in the same way as a credit card and may be used in any situation. This implies that you enter all of your personal information. Afterwards, enter the Visa gift card number, as well as the CVC, in the credit card information area. It is important not to make the error of entering a gift card number in the gift card area.