How to Apply for an H1B Visa from India
- Applicant Finds an H1B Sponsor. The H1B visa is a work visa meaning the applicant must be approved by a U.S. employer to apply.
- Employer Submits Labor Conditions Approval (LCA)
- Employer Submits Form I-129.
- Applicant Complete Application at U.S. Embassy.
- 1 How can I get H1B visa from India?
- 2 Can I apply for H1B visa on my own?
- 3 Is it easy to get H1B from India?
- 4 How long H1B visa takes?
- 5 How long does H1B visa last?
- 6 How can I go to USA from India?
- 7 How can I get job in USA from India?
- 8 How much bank balance is required for US visa?
- 9 Does Google sponsor green card?
- 10 Can I file H1 from India?
- 11 Which companies can apply for H1B?
How can I get H1B visa from India?
How can I apply for H1B Visa from India? Your company has to file a H1B Visa petition for you with the US Department of Homeland Security. Once the petition is approved, you can apply for the required Visa at the US Consulate or Embassy located in India.
Can I apply for H1B visa on my own?
If I would like to work in the US, can I apply for an H-1B visa by myself? No, this is not possible. To apply for this visa, you must have a job offer from a U.S. company or organization.
Is it easy to get H1B from India?
The process to get H1B visa in India is almost similar to getting it from any other country. However, if you are planning on getting some other visa, here is an article on US visa types and requirements. And here is how to apply for a B1B2 US tourist visa in India.
How long H1B visa takes?
H1B regular application processing time is 3 months to 1 year for approvals. H1B premium processing is getting approval within 1 to 15 days of filing. Applying H1B in premium does not increase your chances of H1B RFE or denial.
How long does H1B visa last?
How long will I be able to stay and work in the U.S. on an H-1B visa? The H-1B visa is valid for three years, and can be extended for up to six.
How can I go to USA from India?
You can apply for a US tourist visa following simple steps.
- Download and fill the Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
- Pay the required visa application fee.
- The candidate can then schedule the interview.
- Last, visit the U.S. Embassy on the date of interview.
How can I get job in USA from India?
The most common way to do this is to look for a job in America from your home country. Once you have a job offer, the employer will file a petition to sponsor your visa application with US Citizenship and Immigration Services ( USCIS ), which handles the rest of the process.
How much bank balance is required for US visa?
The amount of bank balance you should have for applying to the US tourist visa depends on the duration. If it is a 15-day trip, you must have $ 5,000-10,000 in your bank.
Does Google sponsor green card?
Google Inc. has filed 27306 labor condition applications for H1B visa and 8687 labor certifications for green card from fiscal year 2018 to 2020. Google was ranked 5 among all visa sponsors.
Can I file H1 from India?
Applying for an H1B Visa H1B visas can only be applied through an employer, meaning you cannot apply for a H1B visa from India by yourself. The H1B visa is tied to a particular employer and if you change your employer, it could affect your visa status. In addition, family members in the U.S. cannot sponsor an H1B visa.
Which companies can apply for H1B?
Here are the top 15 companies that sponsor H-1B visas*, based on visas approved in 2020:
- Intel. 743 visas approved.
- Apple. 748 visas approved.
- Tech Mahindra. 861 visas approved.
- Wipro Limited. 1,003 visas approved.
- Accenture. 1,140 visas approved.
- 10. Facebook. 1,184 visas approved.
- IBM. 1,284 visas approved.
- HCL America.