- 1 How long does it take to get H4 visa?
- 2 Can I file H4 on my own?
- 3 How much is H4 visa fee?
- 4 When can H4 start working?
- 5 Will H4 visa get rejected?
- 6 Is H4 visa banned?
- 7 Who is eligible for H4 visa?
- 8 Who pays H4 visa?
- 9 Can we file H4 online?
- 10 What documents do I need for H4 visa interview?
- 11 Can H4 apply for green card?
- 12 What are the questions asked in H4 visa interview?
- 13 Can I drive Uber on H4?
- 14 Can I work 2 jobs on H4 EAD?
- 15 Can H4 get SSN?
How long does it take to get H4 visa?
An H4 dependent visa by filing an DS-160 application with supporting documentation to US consul abroad usually takes a 3 weeks, more or less. If in the US the H4 application process is months long.
Can I file H4 on my own?
Yes, your spouse and baby will need to be derivative visas of your correct status. You can file on your own or hire an attorney.
How much is H4 visa fee?
To apply for an H4 Visa, you must file the Form DS-160 online. Do not forget to pay the application fee and to save the receipt: you will need it during your interview. The H4 Visa has the same cost as the other H types permits, that is $190.
When can H4 start working?
This can be done up to 120 days before your EAD’s expiration date. You can track your H4 EAD with this tracker. As soon as you have been issued your I-765 and received your EAD, you can start working.
Will H4 visa get rejected?
If your application for an H4 visa is rejected, you can reapply to try again. As long as your sponsor still has their visa and you haven’t broken any immigration law or other laws in the U.S., you can submit another application. You can see if correcting any unclear information on your visa request helps.
Is H4 visa banned?
Since February 2019, the former President Donald Trump’s administration was moving to rescind the 2015 Obama-era ‘ H-4 Employment Authorisation Document ( EAD )’ rule. H4 visa is given to dependent spouses of H-1B visa holders to legally work in the US.
Who is eligible for H4 visa?
Immediate family members like spouse and children under 21 years old may qualify for a H4 visa and may apply at a US Consulate in their home country. If you are applying for your visa along with your spouse, who is applying for H1 simultaneously, then you can submit both applications together.
Who pays H4 visa?
Thanks. Under the law, the employer is only obligated to pay the training fee, i.e. $750 or $1500. The rest of the fee including the H-4 fee can be paid by the employer or the employee.
Can we file H4 online?
No online filing is available. You must send the paper application by mail or courier. H4 visa EAD must be filed as regular processing only as premium processing is not available. Concurrent filing for EAD (Form I -765) along with H-4 visa application (Form I -539, Change of Status or Extension of Status) is allowed.
What documents do I need for H4 visa interview?
These documents include:
- US visa interview appointment letter (emailed to you when applying for the interview )
- A valid passport.
- Copy of the primary visa holder’s passport.
- Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together.
- Passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Confirmation page of the online DS-160 form.
Can H4 apply for green card?
Under H-4 status, you will be able to live and study in the U.S. Those that are the spouses of H-1B holders can also work, provided that they obtain valid Employment Authorization Documents (EAD). Additionally, as of 2015, H-4 visa holders can apply for lawful permanent residence ( green cards ).
What are the questions asked in H4 visa interview?
Here are the questions that you may come across:
- What kind of visa are you applying for?
- Why do you need a USA visa?
- Who made this appointment so that you may attend the interview?
- How did you get the documents necessary for the visa interview?
- When did the spouse receive their own visa stamping? (
Can I drive Uber on H4?
You can drive Uber taxi using H4 EAD. The same applies to L2 EAD. Employment authorization Document allows you to work in any industry and in any job including working in Walmart as a sales agent or cashier to driving Uber or working in McDonalds.
Can I work 2 jobs on H4 EAD?
A: Yes, H-4 status EAD holder can do both working for an employer and doing business at the same time.
Can H4 get SSN?
H4 visa holders are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number ( SSN ). So, they assume they cannot obtain an ITIN number either. But that’s not the case, and you can (and should) get an ITIN since the IRS requires you to file annual tax returns under the Internal Revenue Code.