- 1 What documents are needed for a fiance visa?
- 2 How do I apply for a fiance visa?
- 3 Where do I file a fiance visa?
- 4 Can I file K1 visa online?
- 5 Why would a fiance visa be denied?
- 6 How much money do you need to make to get a fiance visa?
- 7 Which is faster spouse or fiance visa?
- 8 Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
- 9 How long does fiance visa take 2021?
- 10 Can I visit the US while waiting for K1 visa?
- 11 Can I sponsor my girlfriend to USA?
- 12 Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
- 13 What percentage of fiance visas are approved?
- 14 How much does it cost to file I-129F?
- 15 What do I need to bring to my K1 visa interview?
What documents are needed for a fiance visa?
Sponsored Fiancé Documents
- Two passport -style photos.
- Birth certificate.
- Valid, unexpired passport.
- Police clearance obtained from all countries of residence of more than six months since the age of 16.
- Sealed medical exam form (obtained through physician abroad who is authorized by the State Department)
How do I apply for a fiance visa?
5 Requirements to Qualify for a K-1 Fiancé Visa
- You (the sponsor) are a US citizen. Only US citizens may petition for a fiance visa.
- You have intent to marry. You must prove that you intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States.
- You’re both legally free to marry.
- You’ve physically met in person.
- You have enough income.
Where do I file a fiance visa?
File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.
Can I file K1 visa online?
All K visa applicants are required to complete the online paperless DS-160 (Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application ). K visa petitioners will continue to use the I-129F (PDF 484KB) petition form.
Why would a fiance visa be denied?
Your K-1 visa petition may be denied if one or both of you do not meet the legal requirements to get married in the U.S. The most common scenario is when either or both of you haven’t terminated your previous marriage(s).
How much money do you need to make to get a fiance visa?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé(e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Which is faster spouse or fiance visa?
While processing times have gotten significantly better for U.S. Citizens, the K1 Fiance Visa is still quicker and simpler for unmarried international couples seeking to get married. A Marriage Visa is typically more complex, slower and, a more expensive route compared to the K1 Fiance Visa.
Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?
No, you don’t need to show an engagement ring for you to be able to file a K1 visa petition for you fiance – You, however, need to show your intent to get married within 90 days of her admission into the United States.
How long does fiance visa take 2021?
As of 2021, if you do everything correctly, avoid getting a request for evidence, and aren’t from a high-fraud area, the process is taking on average from 6 to 9 months, from start to finish. Please keep in mind all our timelines are rearward looking, meaning we can only give an estimate of approvals we see currently.
Can I visit the US while waiting for K1 visa?
Visiting After Receiving a K-1 Visa Once your I-129F is approved and you receive a K-1 visa, you won’t be able to come on temporary visits to the United States.
Can I sponsor my girlfriend to USA?
You cannot sponsor your significant other to live with you, only visit. At the moment there isn’t a unmarried partner visa available. Your partner should be your legal spouse or your fiancé. As a general rule you will have to complete a I-130 Form (Petition for Alien Relative).
Can I bring my girlfriend to USA?
As a U.S. citizen, you can bring your girlfriend here on a fiancée or fiancé visa. The alternative is to marry her abroad and then petition for her to get an immigrant visa. If the U.S. consul grants the K-1 visa, your fiancée can travel to the U.S. for a 90-day stay. If you marry, she can apply for a green card.
What percentage of fiance visas are approved?
According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), around 90 percent of fiancé visas were approved in 2016. In 2017, when President Donald Trump took office, the percentage of approved fiancé visas dropped to around 66 percent.
How much does it cost to file I-129F?
USCIS filing fees to file Form I-129F when filing for a fiancé(e) is $535.
What do I need to bring to my K1 visa interview?
When you attend the K-1 visa interview, it’s recommended that you take the following documents with you:
- DS-160 Confirmation.
- Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé
- Form I-797, Notice of Action (petition approval notice)
- Valid passport.
- Medical Examination.
- Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.
- Passport-style photos.