Tourist Application Requirements for a Kenya Visa
- Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page.
- Hold proof of sufficient funds.
- Hold proof of onward/return flights.
- Hold proof of hotel reservation.
- Hold all documents required for the next destination.
- 1 How long does it take to get a visa for Kenya?
- 2 How much is Kenya visa online?
- 3 What documents do I need for a Kenya visa?
- 4 What are requirements for a visa?
- 5 Can I get a visa on arrival in Kenya?
- 6 How long can you stay in Kenya without a visa?
- 7 How long can foreigners stay in Kenya?
- 8 How do I become a resident of Kenya?
- 9 Do you need a Covid test to enter Kenya?
- 10 How do you process a visa application?
How long does it take to get a visa for Kenya?
The processing time for the Kenya eVisa is approximately 24 to 72 hours from the time of submission. However, it is always a good idea to apply for your entry visa in advance just in case of complications with the application or any holiday periods that could cause slower application processing.
How much is Kenya visa online?
The government cost of the Kenya eVisa is $51 for all eligible nationalities.
What documents do I need for a Kenya visa?
A digital photograph in color taken recently. A basic travel itinerary. A return ticket or proof of onward travel. Debit card or credit card in order to pay for the Kenyan visa.
What are requirements for a visa?
Here are the required documents for a US visa:
- An online nonimmigrant DS-160 application form. You can file the form DS-160 here.
- Your valid passport.
- One photograph.
- Receipt proving payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application.
- Social media details.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Kenya?
No more visas are issued on arrival in Kenya, nor in Kenyan representations. This e-Visa allows entry into the country once for a tourist or business stay or up to 90 days or transit for up to 72 hours. All nationalities are eligible, except 43 who are visa exempt. The average time to obtain an e-Visa is 3 days.
How long can you stay in Kenya without a visa?
In case you are visa-exempt, you can travel to Kenya and stay there for a period of up to 90 days. There is an exception to this rule as well.
How long can foreigners stay in Kenya?
The standard maximum length of stay of the visa for Kenya is 90 days, from the actual day of arrival. If desired, this can be extended a single time, from the standard 90 days to 180 days. An extension can be arranged at the main office of the immigration service in Kenya.
How do I become a resident of Kenya?
Kenyan permanent Residency through work
- Create an account on the Government of Kenya Single Sign-On portal.
- Once logged in the eFNS portal, select the “Apply now” Link.
- Click on the “Submit Applications” tab and select the Permanent Residence tab.
- After completing the application form, you will need to make a payment.
Do you need a Covid test to enter Kenya?
All passengers arriving in or transiting through Kenya must have a negative PCR COVID-19 certificate for a test conducted within 96 hours prior to arrival to Kenya. The Government of Kenya established an online portal to extend visitor and resident visas.
How do you process a visa application?
How to Apply
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
- Schedule your appointment on this web page. You will need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:
- Visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.