General Requirements for Dominican Republic Visa
- A valid passport.
- Duly completed and signed visa application form.
- If the applicant is a minor, the parents/legal guardians have to sign the form.
- Passport-size photographs taken in white background.
- Travel document.
- Proof of financial support.
- Proof of accommodation.
- 1 Does Nigerian need visa to go to Dominican Republic?
- 2 How do I get a visa for Dominican Republic?
- 3 How long does it take to get a visa in Dominican Republic?
- 4 What documents do I need to go to Dominican Republic?
- 5 How long can I stay in Dominican Republic?
- 6 Is there a Dominican Republic Embassy in Nigeria?
- 7 Is there a fee to enter Dominican Republic?
- 8 What happens if I overstay in Dominican Republic?
- 9 How do I become a citizen of Dominican Republic?
- 10 What is Dominican Republic currency?
- 11 Is immigration Open in Dominican Republic?
- 12 Where can Dominican Republic citizens travel without a visa?
Does Nigerian need visa to go to Dominican Republic?
Dominican Republic tourist visa is required for citizens of Nigeria. Citizens of Nigeria that hold a valid permanent resident card or a valid visa from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or any European Union nation, do not need to obtain a visa to Dominican Republic.
How do I get a visa for Dominican Republic?
Tourist Application Requirements for a Dominican Republic Visa
- Hold a Tourist Card to visit the Dominican Republic.
- Hold a passport valid for at least six months with at least one blank visa page.
- Hold proof of onward and return flights.
- Hold all documents required for the next destination.
How long does it take to get a visa in Dominican Republic?
Although visa processing time is typically three working days, processing time for specific cases may vary due to individual circumstances and other special requirements.
What documents do I need to go to Dominican Republic?
A valid U.S. passport is required for all U.S. citizens seeking to enter or transit through the Dominican Republic. Authorities have not made any exception to this policy for travelers arriving from Puerto Rico. Dominican immigration authorities will deny entry to persons arriving without a valid travel document.
How long can I stay in Dominican Republic?
Tourist cards normally permit a legal stay of up to 30 days. Visitors who would like to extend their time in the Dominican Republic should visit the Migration Department in Santo Domingo and request an extention. Failure to request an extention will subject the visitor to a surcharge at the airport upon departure.
Is there a Dominican Republic Embassy in Nigeria?
There is currently no Embassy of the Dominican Republic in Nigeria. Applicants are advised to use consulates in neighboring countries for their applications.
Is there a fee to enter Dominican Republic?
To visit the Dominican Republic US citizens required to pay the US$10 tourist card fee. However, US citizens tourists arriving by air to Dominican Republic not required to pay the US $10 tourist entry fee upon arrival. The tourist card fee is included in all airfare purchases from the US to the Dominican Republic.
What happens if I overstay in Dominican Republic?
The fines range from approximately $55 USD for one month to as high as $1,555 USD for overstays of 10 years or more. All passengers are required to fill out an E-Ticket or paper form when entering or exiting the Dominican Republic.
How do I become a citizen of Dominican Republic?
The new citizenship law stipulates that foreigners will be expected to live in the country with temporary residence permit for 5 years, then for two years with permanent residency. And only after 7 years of legal residence they can apply for citizenship.
What is Dominican Republic currency?
DOP is the foreign currency exchange (FX) abbreviation for the Dominican peso, the Dominican Republic’s official currency. The Central Bank of the Dominican Republic issues and manages the money, which the symbol, $, or RD$ represents locally.
Is immigration Open in Dominican Republic?
The United States Embassy in Santo Domingo has resumed limited immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services. For more information on the categories being processed at this time, please visit Visas | U.S. Embassy in the Dominican Republic (usembassy.gov) 4
Where can Dominican Republic citizens travel without a visa?
Dominican Republic passport visa free countries to travel
- Montserrat. Visa Free. Plymouth • Caribbean • Territory of UK.
- Grenada. Visa Free. St.
- Trinidad and Tobago. Visa Free. 3 months •
- Colombia. Visa Free. 6 months •
- Honduras. Visa Free. 1 month •
- Belize. Visa Free.
- Guyana. Visa Free.
- El Salvador. Visa Free.