- 1 Do I need a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
- 2 How much does it cost for a Sri Lankan visa?
- 3 Is Sri Lanka visa free?
- 4 Is Sri Lanka visa on arrival?
- 5 What currency should I take to Sri Lanka?
- 6 How can I apply for visa online?
- 7 How long does a Sri Lanka visa last?
- 8 How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka visa?
- 9 How do I apply for a visa to Sri Lanka?
- 10 Is Sri Lanka cheaper than India?
- 11 What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
- 12 How can I immigrate to Sri Lanka?
- 13 What is the official Sri Lanka visa website?
- 14 How safe is Sri Lanka?
Do I need a visa to visit Sri Lanka?
Visitors to Sri Lanka visiting for tourism purposes must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), unless they are exempt, prior to arrival or on arrival to Sri Lanka or they must obtain a visa in advance. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
How much does it cost for a Sri Lankan visa?
|Methods of Submission of ETA Application.||South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Countries|
|Tourist visa with Double Entry for 30 days.|
|*||By the Applicant||US$ 20|
|*||By Third party||US$ 20|
|*||At Sri Lanka Overseas Missions||US$ 20|
Is Sri Lanka visa free?
You don’t need a visa in itself. You only need to apply for an ETA to enter Sri Lanka. You can check the requirements by clicking here.
Is Sri Lanka visa on arrival?
Sri Lanka Visa on Arrival The visa on arrival for Sri Lanka is a short stay visa that travelers receive at their port of entry to the country. However, they are granted a Sri Lankan visa on arrival free of charge. Most visas on arrival grant a maximum stay of 30 days and 2 entries to the country.
What currency should I take to Sri Lanka?
The official and only currency of Sri Lanka is the rupee ( LKR ). The Sri Lankan Government has tight control over the national currency and there are strict limits on the amount of rupees you can bring in and out of the country (up to LKR 5,000).
How can I apply for visa online?
THREE STEP REGULAR VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
- Apply Online. Fill and Submit Visa Application Form Securely.
- Submit Documents. Submit your application with required. documents at Indian Visa Application Center or at Indian Mission.
- Receive Passport, visa. Collect your passport/ visa from. Indian Mission/ Visa Application Center.
How long does a Sri Lanka visa last?
Validity and requirements To travel to Sri Lanka, each traveller needs to possess a valid visa (ETA). This ETA is valid for six months, allowing for a single entry into the country, with a maximum stay of 30 days. At the time of applying, no flight ticket needs to have been booked yet.
How long does it take to get a Sri Lanka visa?
How long does it take to get a visa for Sri Lanka? It is a simple process as explained below. After submission of the information and application online, it takes around 1 to 2 hours to obtain approval from the authorities.
How do I apply for a visa to Sri Lanka?
Fill in the ETA application and/or visa application and hand it over to the visa officer together with the relevant fee. Sri Lanka Overseas Mission, with the concurrence of the Department of Immigration & Emigration (DI&E), will issue ETA or short stay visa within 03 business days.
Is Sri Lanka cheaper than India?
India is 0.9% cheaper than Sri Lanka.
What is the best month to visit Sri Lanka?
Generally, the best time to visit the west and south coasts as well as the Cultural Triangle is between December and April, while on the east coast the climate is at its finest from May through to October.
How can I immigrate to Sri Lanka?
- Entry visa application (download)
- Valid passport (The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the date of entry into Sri Lanka )
- Two photographs (standard photo format)
- A copy of the entry visa approval notice from the Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka.
- Air ticket.
What is the official Sri Lanka visa website?
Welcome to the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) official website of the Department of Immigration & Emigration (DI&E) of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. For a Short Visit to Sri Lanka, (For more info) travellers should obtain an ETA with effect from 1st of January 2012.
How safe is Sri Lanka?
By and large, Sri Lanka is super safe, particularly for travellers. The homicide rates are low, around 2.3%. In comparison, America is around 5%, while most European countries are less than 1%. Most homicides involve locals gangs or domestic violence, so attacks against travellers are extremely uncommon.