You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
- 1 What documents are required for visa interview?
- 2 What document should I bring to a US b1 B2 visa interview?
- 3 What should I wear to my US visa appointment?
- 4 Do we need original documents for US visa interview?
- 5 Is bonafide certificate required for visa?
- 6 How do I arrange my visa documents?
- 7 What should I not bring to a US visa interview?
- 8 Can I wear jeans for US visa interview?
- 9 What documents do I need for B2 visa interview?
- 10 How do I answer visa questions?
- 11 How long do us visa interviews take?
- 12 What are the common questions in US visa interview?
- 13 Do I need to bring photo for US visa interview?
- 14 What documents are needed for DS 260?
- 15 What documents are needed for USA?
What documents are required for visa interview?
Set 1: Mandatory Documents Required for F1 Visa Interview
- Copy of interview appointment letter.
- DS-160 Confirmation Barcode printout.
- Original, valid Axis or Citi Bank VISA fee receipt (Applicant’s Copy)
- Original I-20, approved and signed by you and the University authority.
- SEVIS Fee Receipt.
- Birth Certificate.
What document should I bring to a US b1 B2 visa interview?
While applying for a B2 visa, applicants have to bring the following documents along with them to the Consulate or Embassy when they come for their visa interview: Valid Passport (current and old passports). DS-160 form confirmation page. Application fee payment receipt.
What should I wear to my US visa appointment?
We recommend wearing a blazer with a formal blouse as well as jeans or pants preferably dark, can also go with a dress taking into account that this is formal and favorable to the occasion. Avoid miniskirts or very tight dresses.
Do we need original documents for US visa interview?
During the interview appointment, ONLY bring the documents listed below: Valid passport/s + old passport with a U.S. visa (if applicable) Print-out of Form DS-260 confirmation page. Original civil documents.
Is bonafide certificate required for visa?
Uses of a Bonafide Certificate The certificate may also be required while applying for a passport. Visa applications sometimes require this certificate especially in cases where a separate student visa is issued to students who are studying abroad or where a work visa is issued to an employee of a company.
How do I arrange my visa documents?
10 Things You Can Do To Organize Your Visa Application
- Attach official translations of documents if necessary.
- Don’t staple, use paper clips.
- Have a cover sheet with details of the visa application.
- Use a table of contents and organizing tabs.
- Insert a document checklist to ensure you have all the requirements.
What should I not bring to a US visa interview?
Prohibited Items: You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Consulate with any of the following: phones, electronics, food, liquids, weapons, sharp objects, luggage, bags, or purses. Only application-related papers carried by hand will be permitted. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
Can I wear jeans for US visa interview?
Just make sure your clothes are clean and tidy and you’ll do fine. Jeans/khakis and a polo shirt would be my recommendation as a jumping off point for both male and female visa applicants, but T-shirts are also fine, as are maxi dresses, Hawaiian shirts, etc.
What documents do I need for B2 visa interview?
Compile your B2 Visa document file
- Valid passport.
- A photograph that complies with the requirements and guidelines.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- Receipt of paid visa fees.
- Interview confirmation page.
- A letter which describes the purpose of your trip.
- Proof of financial means.
- Ties to your home country.
How do I answer visa questions?
Make sure to be straightforward and give honest answers to your visa officer. For example, if you received an acceptance letter from only one of the six US universities you applied to, tell the truth. The visa officer will appreciate your honesty.
How long do us visa interviews take?
You can expect to be at the Embassy or Consulate for approximately two to three hours. The interview with a consular officer is the last step in a two-step process and typically lasts just a few minutes. Prior to the interview staff will collect, data-enter and review your application.
What are the common questions in US visa interview?
Following are few of the common questions asked during the United States Visa interview:
- What is the reason for your travel to the United States?
- What is the duration of your stay in the United States?
- Where will you be staying?
- Where do you stay in India?
- Who is going to cover your expenses during the travel?
Do I need to bring photo for US visa interview?
When applying for a nonimmigrant visa, you are required to upload a digital photograph taken within the last six months as part of completing and submitting the Form DS-160. You should also bring a copy of your photograph to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the day of your interview.
What documents are needed for DS 260?
DS-260 Supporting Documents
- Nationality proof (a passport photo page and a copy of the birth certificate).
- A copy of the marriage certificate.
- In the event of any prior marriages, a copy of the termination documents for the marriage (i.e. death or divorce certificates)
What documents are needed for USA?
Procedures for Entering the United States
- American citizens entering the U.S. must show a valid passport, U.S. passport card, a Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST), or an enhanced driver’s license.
- Lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need to show a Permanent Resident Card (Green card).