Your visa interview appointment letter, Your passport, Six (6) recently taken U.S. passport-sized photographs, and. A copy of your immunization records.
- 1 What should I bring to the consulate?
- 2 What do I need to bring for US visa appointment?
- 3 What do I need to bring to my B2 visa interview?
- 4 How can I impress in visa interview?
- 5 What are the civil documents to bring to interview?
- 6 What should I bring to immigration interview?
- 7 Can I wear jeans for US visa interview?
- 8 What does white paper mean in US embassy?
- 9 How should I dress for a US embassy interview?
- 10 Can you get married on a B2 visa?
- 11 What are three activities you Cannot do with a visitor visa?
- 12 Do you need affidavit of support for B2 visa?
- 13 Is visa interview hard?
- 14 How can I introduce myself in visa interview?
- 15 What are the causes of visa rejection?
What should I bring to the consulate?
You must bring the original documents with you to your visa interview.
- Appointment Letter and Courier Confirmation Page.
- Birth Certificate.
- Adoption Certificate (if applicable)
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Police Certificates for the United Kingdom.
What do I need to bring for US visa appointment?
You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
What do I need to bring to my B2 visa interview?
Compile your B2 Visa document file
- Valid passport.
- A photograph that complies with the requirements and guidelines.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- Receipt of paid visa fees.
- Interview confirmation page.
- A letter which describes the purpose of your trip.
- Proof of financial means.
- Ties to your home country.
How can I impress in visa interview?
US Visa Interview: Tips to make a Favourable Impression
- Positive Attitude.
- Look and Act the Part.
- Proving Ties to Family and India.
- Know your Program.
- Give Precise Answers.
- Complete Documents.
- Do NOT mention Hopes of Employment in the US.
What are the civil documents to bring to interview?
That includes a birth certificate, marriage and divorce certificates, and police certificates. You can learn more about the required civil documents evidence on our website.
What should I bring to immigration interview?
Items to Take to Interview
- A government-issued photo identification such as a passport (even if expired) but can also be any other government-issued photo ID like a driver’s license.
- Appointment notice (I-797C, Notice of Action) for your I-485 interview.
- A complete copy of your adjustment of status application package.
Can I wear jeans for US visa interview?
Just make sure your clothes are clean and tidy and you’ll do fine. Jeans/khakis and a polo shirt would be my recommendation as a jumping off point for both male and female visa applicants, but T-shirts are also fine, as are maxi dresses, Hawaiian shirts, etc.
What does white paper mean in US embassy?
221(g) Blue Form: A blue form implies that the US Visa Consulate needs an additional supporting document(s) to take a decision on a visa application. 221(g) White Form: A white form indicates a complex category under 221(g). These type of cases require general administrative processing to substantiate the document(s).
How should I dress for a US embassy interview?
The US Embassy doesn’t impose any dress code to US visa applicants but that doesn’t mean you can go to your interview wearing anything you like. Just treat it as your usual job interview. No need to wear suits or formal attire but don’t go there with a simple T-shirt and short either. Smart casual is enough.
Can you get married on a B2 visa?
The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. In fact, you are even allowed to come to the US as a visitor with the sole intention of getting married.
What are three activities you Cannot do with a visitor visa?
The U.S. immigration law does not allow prospective students to enter first on a tourist visa, look for schools, and change to a student visa. A student must first apply from the country of residence for an F-1 visa if he/she intends to study in the USA.
Do you need affidavit of support for B2 visa?
Affidavit of Support Could Harm B-1/B-2 Application Since finance is an important part of this process, we do not recommend that a family member or friend submit an affidavit of support for a B-1/B-2 visa applicant unless a U.S. consular specifically requests a Form I-134.
Is visa interview hard?
The visa interview; the final phase of the higher education process, is as important as the other parts of the higher education process. While getting a visa is not very difficult, you will increase your chances of obtaining a visa, if you are prepared.
How can I introduce myself in visa interview?
Walk-in, say good morning/afternoon and introduce yourself with a firm handshake. This will show that you are confident and will help you start the interview on a positive note. Listen carefully and answer clearly.
What are the causes of visa rejection?
US Visa Rejection Reasons
- Financial Instability.
- Selecting the wrong type of Visa.
- Validity of your Passport.
- Reason to return back to home country not strong enough.
- Insufficient or Incorrect Information.
- Overstay or violated US visa conditions on your previous visit.
- Visa Denials Based on Criminal Record.