How to Apply for a Germany Work Visa?
- Get a job offer in Germany.
- Check if you need a visa to Germany for long stays.
- Find out where you need to submit your visa application.
- Collect all of the required documents according to the instructions.
- Make an appointment for a visa interview.
- 1 How do I get a work visa for Germany?
- 2 Is it easy to get German work visa?
- 3 How long does it take to get German work visa?
- 4 How much does a German work visa cost?
- 5 How much bank balance is required for Germany job seeker visa?
- 6 Can I move to Germany without a job?
- 7 How can a foreigner get a job in Germany?
- 8 What level of German is required to work in Germany?
- 9 How can I move to Germany for work?
- 10 What documents do I need to work in Germany?
- 11 What is the good salary in Germany?
- 12 Can you work in Germany without speaking German?
- 13 What is the minimum salary to get a work permit in Germany?
- 14 Can I bring my family to Germany on work visa?
- 15 What is the difference between blue card and work permit Germany?
How do I get a work visa for Germany?
Applying for the German Work and Residence Permit
- Apply for an Employment Visa or Job-Seeker Visa at the German Embassy.
- Register your living address at the local Citizens’ Registration Office (Bürgeramt).
- Get health insurance.
- Make an appointment at the Ausländerbehörde.
- Gather the required documents.
Is it easy to get German work visa?
In 2017, 22,800 low-skilled workers from non-EU countries moved to Germany after securing a firm job offer. That being said, it’s not always easy to get a work visa in Germany if you’re not from the EU/EEA or Swiss. That’s because you need to get a residence permit with work authorization.
How long does it take to get German work visa?
Applications take about 1-3 months to be processed. After the application has been approved by the Aliens’ Authority and –if applicable- by the Work Office (Arbeitsagentur), the Embassy or Consulate General will issue a residence permit in the form of a visa, which will include the authorization to work in Germany.
How much does a German work visa cost?
The cost for a German work permit (employment visa) is 75 EUR (90 USD). You will need to complete Germany’s work permit visa (or employment permit) application form, called Antrag auf Erlaubnis einer Beschäftigung, and get a residence permit or Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels. 7
How much bank balance is required for Germany job seeker visa?
So, for a 6 months long stay in Germany with this visa, you must have €5118 (approx. INR 454852) blocked before you travel to Germany.
Can I move to Germany without a job?
Yes, it’s possible to move to Germany even if you don’t have a job. EU/EEA citizens can simply travel to Germany and look for a job. Whereas non-EU/EAA citizens need to apply for a visa in advance. Moving to Germany without a job isn’t easy, especially for people outside of the EU.
How can a foreigner get a job in Germany?
The steps to getting a job in Germany
- Check your chances. The Quick Check on the Make it in Germany website should indicate your chances of working in Germany.
- Get your qualifications recognised.
- Look for a job.
- Write an application.
- Apply for a visa.
- Obtain health insurance.
What level of German is required to work in Germany?
Working in Germany If you´d like to work in Germany you´ll get by if your German is on level B1/B2 (online test). The certificate issued by GLS is recognized by many employers and even some universities in Germany.
How can I move to Germany for work?
The best way to migrate to Germany is through the Job Seeker Visa. The Job Seeker Visa is a long-term residence permit that allows you to look for a job for a period of 6 months. With this visa, you can visit Germany and attend interviews, which is a much better process than applying for a job from abroad.
What documents do I need to work in Germany?
The documents required for your work visa to Germany application are:
- Standard German visa application documents.
- A signed contract from your future employer.
- Certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung). From German employer valid from date of employment.
What is the good salary in Germany?
A good annual average salary in Germany is between €64.000 to €81.000. This gross salary (salary before taxes or social contributions) depends on your profession, industry, and education.
Can you work in Germany without speaking German?
In short: yes, there are English-speaking jobs in Germany. Foreigners who look for jobs in tech startups or digital departments have a higher chance of finding work in Germany without speaking German.
What is the minimum salary to get a work permit in Germany?
The permit requires a minimum salary of 56,800 EUR which is not easy to get in Germany. If your field of expertise falls into shortage occupations minimum annual earning must be 44,304 EUR. These occupations include doctors, engineers, natural scientists, mathematicians, IT specialists, and others.
Can I bring my family to Germany on work visa?
Bringing family members in Germany on a German Work Visa Nationals of the European Union member states, working in Germany can bring their family members such as a spouse, children aged under 21, parents and grandparents, as long as they have the financial means to support them and can provide enough living space.
What is the difference between blue card and work permit Germany?
The German work permit provides the same working rights as a Blue Card without the requirement of a university degree. As a developer, if your salary is within the average range for your role and your employer can justify their choice to hire you over a local applicant, you are likely eligible for this working visa.