- 1 What are the requirements for a K1 visa?
- 2 How long does it take for a K1 visa to be approved?
- 3 How much does it cost for a K1 visa?
- 4 How do I apply for a US fiance visa?
- 5 How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
- 6 Can my fiance visit while waiting for K1 visa?
- 7 Which is faster fiance visa or marriage visa?
- 8 How long is a fiance visa good for?
- 9 What is the income requirement for a K1 visa?
- 10 Do I need a lawyer for K1 visa?
- 11 What do I need to bring to my K1 visa interview?
- 12 What happens if my fiance leaves me after marriage on a K1 visa?
- 13 Can a fiance visa be denied?
- 14 Can I stay in America if I marry an American?
- 15 Can I sponsor my girlfriend to USA?
What are the requirements for a K1 visa?
The K-1 fiancé visa requirements include:
- Both you and your fiancé must be single and eligible to be married under U.S. law.
- If you or your fiancé have been married previously, you’ll need to provide divorce or death certificates for any previous spouse.
- The sponsoring partner must be a U.S. citizen.
How long does it take for a K1 visa to be approved?
K-1 Visa Timeline It takes 6-9 months ( 7 months on average) for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to process Form I-129F (technically called the “Petition for Alien Fiancé”), and an additional 4-6 weeks for the agency to send an interview request at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
How much does it cost for a K1 visa?
As of early 2021, the filing fees for the K-1 process were $535 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 to apply for the K visa (paid to the consulate), and $1,225 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the biometrics fee. That brings the total government U.S. fee to $2,025.
How do I apply for a US fiance visa?
5 Requirements to Qualify for a K-1 Fiancé Visa
- You (the sponsor) are a US citizen. Only US citizens may petition for a fiance visa.
- You have intent to marry. You must prove that you intend to marry your fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States.
- You’re both legally free to marry.
- You’ve physically met in person.
- You have enough income.
How much income do I need to sponsor my fiance?
In dollars and cents, this means that you must have stable earnings of at least $16,910 per year for a two-person household (in 2019) to qualify as financial sponsor for a fiancé (e) visa petition, and you must have stable earnings of at least $21,137 per year for a two-person household to qualify as financial sponsor
Can my fiance visit while waiting for K1 visa?
You cannot reside in the United States on a B-2 tourist visa or on the Visa Waiver Program while waiting on a K1 fiancé visa or K3 spousal visa. However, you can make a temporary visit on those visas.
Which is faster fiance visa or marriage visa?
Application Process and Timeline for Fiancé (e) and Spousal Visa. If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé (e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage -based visa will be quicker.
How long is a fiance visa good for?
The visa will be valid for six months from the date it was issued. Once the fiancé enters the United States, the marriage must take place within 90 days from the date of entry.
What is the income requirement for a K1 visa?
Based on the 2020 poverty guidelines, the petitioner would require an income of at least $17,240 to meet the K-1 visa income requirements in all states except for Alaska and Hawaii.
Do I need a lawyer for K1 visa?
The law does not require that you use an immigration attorney to complete K-1 petition documents such as the Form I-129F. You may need help writing in the answers to questions on USCIS forms or translating documents into English. You can get this type of limited help from anyone.
What do I need to bring to my K1 visa interview?
When you attend the K-1 visa interview, it’s recommended that you take the following documents with you:
- DS-160 Confirmation.
- Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé
- Form I-797, Notice of Action (petition approval notice)
- Valid passport.
- Medical Examination.
- Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.
- Passport-style photos.
What happens if my fiance leaves me after marriage on a K1 visa?
After you get married, you have to apply for her Green Card (also know as Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status). If your fiancé leaves the US without the Advance Parole Re-Entry Permit, she may be denied entry and the Green Card petition may be cancelled.
Can a fiance visa be denied?
Having Your Fiancé (e) Visa Denied is Common This is because it is a visa category that is at high risk of fraud. Some experts cite a wide range of reasons for rejections. Furthermore, it is important to note that, on appeal, most denials are reversed, with only 40% of appeals being unsuccessful.
Can I stay in America if I marry an American?
Once you marry, your spouse can apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while we process the application. If you choose this method, file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Filing instructions and forms are available on our Web site at www. uscis.
Can I sponsor my girlfriend to USA?
You cannot sponsor your significant other to live with you, only visit. At the moment there isn’t a unmarried partner visa available. Your partner should be your legal spouse or your fiancé. As a general rule you will have to complete a I-130 Form (Petition for Alien Relative).